GUILTY MI - Stoni Blair, 13, & Stephen Berry, 9, found in Detroit freezer, 2012 & 2013

Cops: Mom says molestation led her to kill kids

George Hunter, The Detroit News 12:54 p.m. EDT March 25, 2015

...Detroit Police Chief James Craig briefly discussed the case during a press conference Wednesday morning at police headquarters. Craig said he couldn't go into great detail about the case because the investigation is active.

"While the desire to know what happened in that home is strong, I will ask you to be mindful of the two children who were in that home and are still alive," Craig said to reporters.

"They've been through a lot as you can imagine. It's been a tremendous trauma. I don't think there's anyone in this room who would want to cause any additional pain to these children."

Craig said detectives will present an investigative report to the office of the Wayne County Prosecutor for review.

Wayne County medical examiners are waiting for the bodies to thaw before performing autopsies to determine the cause of death, spokesman Ryan Bridges said.

"The autopsies are tentatively scheduled for tomorrow as the bodies are still frozen," Bridges said Wednesday in an emailed statement...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2015/03/25/freezer-bodies/70420854/

First, BetteDavisEyes and Guinevere, let me thank you for keeping us up-to-date on this Bizarre (with a capital B) case. Local folks are so very valuable to WS'ers, as you both know.

Tortured, buried, and then she & her surviving children were living in another apt. due to her knowing about the eviction??? And her living children knew about the siblings in the freezer? We're got a lot more to learn about this one, but I suspect that LE will clam-up pretty soon in anticipation of further detective work, hearings and a trial, etc. SMH. Dayam, this is just one of those stranger-than-fiction things we see here only rarely. Each one we see has its share of things that we cannot understand, but this one...

I hope the living children are somewhere they feel safe & secure. They had to have some measure of fear, surely. And, IMO, they need therapy as soon as they can get it. JMO.

Did she have no way of hiding the bodies outside her own dwelling place? Did she just not care? Was she planning to go back and do something with them but LE came sooner than she expected? She may not have had a car -- so that would be a problem (I'm being serious here.) Mind-blowing. Is she sane? And in one of the articles, didn't a woman say something about her son being raped? Maybe I misunderstood what she was saying. LE must be dizzy and incredulous while trying to deal with this one. Whew. What more to say??? Just dayam.

Thank you borndem

She knew about the eviction. She called a neighbor that morning at 6 am asking if she could come over to their house to stay with them because she knew they were coming to clean out her place.

The Older Kids? Knowing........ I'm a bit baffled that they felt there was absolutely no one they could/should tell. I wouldn't doubt they lacked the Confidence in the Family Court System to help them. So sad they had no Father(s) or other Family member(s)s they could confide in. Guess we will see in the coming days.

I also got the impression that she is "claiming" it was her two children who were being accused of being the Abusers? Or am I wrong?

IMO - She was Lazy! It's been stated in videos/articles at the links she did not leave the Apt much and was unemployed. Also that her kids did not come outside much and did not have much freedom.

It would have taken work to get rid of the bodies of her babies. And there would have been an odor if she had put them outside. By placing them in the freezer she ensured the delay of decomp and odor..

Of course she could be twisted enough to feel like she wanted to keep them close???? But I don't think that is the case IMHO it was the Laziness.

I'm sure her lawyers will be working overtime to get her off on diminished capacity or insanity.

I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

Same here.

It's not the easiest thing to prove, and for good reason, of course. It's obvious that she knew her actions were wrong -- she hid the evidence (bodies) the best way she could; her children knew -- don't know how they found out -- but they were not telling; she tried to hide by leaving the home and staying with someone else when LE was serving the eviction notice. So that puts a bit of a damper on psychosis, IMO. She had conducted her life, etc., seemingly normally for nearly 2 years; as far as we know so far, her surviving children were apparently not so scared of her that they left, or appealed to a trusted neighbor, or called LE, or reached out to anyone (again, as far as we know). According to neighbors, things seemed "normal."

Hoping we'll find out more about her and her children, but not counting on it....

^ MB's behavior during yesterday's interviews has already been called "irrational", so I'm sure her mental health will be come into question.

Did these children go to school? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they might have been home-schooled so Mom could keep an eye on them and not give them an opportunity to talk about their deceased siblings. :moo:

Autopsies on bodies of Detroit brother and sister found in freezer to wait until they thaw

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: 29 m

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...d-in-freezer-to-wait-until-they-thaw/32003992

Red BM

If I didn't know better, I would swear that the red sentence above is the first line of a two-bit horror story. What unbelievable words are strung together in that sentence. I am not a "The end of the world is coming soon" person, although we never know, but I must say that this situation probably puts us all a step or two closer. Just dayam.

As I just saw posted in some comments at the linked articles as someone called it the "Cash for Kids Incentive Program"...........

It would be interesting to know if she was receiving Child Support (which I highly doubt) or State Assistance for these children????

So the checks just kept on coming while the poor kids were dead ?

Let me add Selfish to the Lazy I posted about earlier!

Sorry these with the children just get me so mad!!:mad::maddening:

~

^ MB's behavior during yesterday's interviews has already been called "irrational", so I'm sure her mental health will be come into question.

Did these children go to school? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they might have been home-schooled so Mom could keep an eye on them and not give them an opportunity to talk about their deceased siblings. :moo:

Yes I saw Home Schooling mentioned on one of the links and that none of the kids were Registered with the DPS.

~

What a difference a day makes! On Sunday, DH and I were in downtown Detroit for the matinee of Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre. About 1500 fans of the renowned dance troupe attended the closing performance. As always, the Ailey dancers are awesome and received a standing ovation at the conclusion of the concert followed by an impromptu encore that had remaining audience members dancing in the aisles. Folks left Detroit's Opera House smiling and oohhing and aahhing about the magnificent performance. The Detroit Red Wings had a noon faceoff at Joe Louis Arena, and that evening, "Flashdance: The Musical" was featured at the Fisher Theatre.

The main event on Sunday was the annual spring Marche du Nain Rouge festivities highlighted by a parade to "drive the devil out of Detroit" http://marchedunainrouge.com/history/ Thousands of people lined Second Avenue to watch the Mardi Gras-like parade that included floats, bands, plenty of costumed revelers including the Red Devil himself. While DH and I enjoyed dinner at our favorite Detroit restaurant following the dance concert, we chatted with diners who had come to Detroit for the Marche du Nain Rouge. For one day, at least, people seemed to forget about the negativity that often surrounds the Motor City.

And, then, by noon yesterday, the awful news about the two deceased children found in the freezer of their mother's apartment hit the airwaves. I could barely remember how wonderful the day before had been with so much going on in the 'D' and thousands of folks enjoying all that the city has to offer. How very sad.

In one of the articles, they are holding her on child abuse because her other two children show signs of abuse. Sounds like she is very controlling. {sigh}

I am SO sad to hear news like this. Why can't people cherish their very dear and wonderful little ones?!

I am curious too. I am sincerely hoping that all I's were dotted and all T's were crossed when they entered the apartment. I canNOT even imagine what would happen if they did not have the jurisdiction or authority to open that freezer. Their bodies - that evidence - would not be admissible.

Calling a legal eagle!! Please tell me that during an eviction, they are allowed to open the freezer.

This case is already making me sick to my stomach!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

^ I wonder how long it's been since the respective fathers saw any of these children?

[h=3]Neighbors: Mother of children found in freezer was 'overprotective'[/h]
...."Neighbors say the mother would always talk about her kids but they were rarely seen.

"I only met Stevey and Stoney, the boy and the girl that passed away - I met them through the door," said Jessica. "They waived at me from the door and that was it."

...."At one point in time her kids were always outside but after awhile they stopped coming outside," Jessica said.

Neighbors described the mother to FOX 2 as an "overprotective parent" and said she would even go on Facebook to talk about how much she loved her children.

http://www.fox4news.com/story/28606...-children-found-in-freezer-was-overprotective

In one of the articles, they are holding her on child abuse because her other two children show signs of abuse. Sounds like she is very controlling. {sigh}

I am SO sad to hear news like this. Why can't people cherish their very dear and wonderful little ones?!

I am curious too. I am sincerely hoping that all I's were dotted and all T's were crossed when they entered the apartment. I canNOT even imagine what would happen if they did not have the jurisdiction or authority to open that freezer. Their bodies - that evidence - would not be admissible.

Calling a legal eagle!! Please tell me that during an eviction, they are allowed to open the freezer.

This case is already making me sick to my stomach!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

OMG! I hope this wasn't an illegal search and seizure. No search warrant. A defense attorney's dream? :eek:

^ I wonder how long it's been since the respective fathers saw any of these children?

Well I was doing some searching on the Wayne County Court Records Web Site. Seems both Fathers have Criminal Records and have spent some time in Jail between 2000 & as recently as 2014.

It also appears that one child from each of the Fathers was Murdered.

AD who is spoken about in the interview would be father to the Little Girl and the Surviving 17 YO.

SB would be the father of the Boy they found and father of the surviving 11 YO.

~

Channel 4 news update at 4:00: Mother has been charged with four counts of first degree child abuse. Murder charges could come pending results of autopsies.

Neighbors, friends have been placing flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, etc. on the front porch of the apartment where the bodies of two children were found yesterday. Grandmother of one of the victims will be interviewed on the 5:00 report.

So the boy was 9 at his death and the girl was probably 13. So sad :(

Just for future reference, just trying to be helpful... the kids were 11 and 14 when they died. They don't continue to age after death. If an age is given, that is the age at death, unless it says something like, 'they would be X years old now.' So yeah, they were that age at death.

Channel 4 news coming up at 5:00. Live stream for anyone not local: http://www.clickondetroit.com/livestream/wdiv-news-livestream/22218202

So far, something new I've learned is that the 17-year-old knew about the two dead children in the freezer, but the 11-year-old did not.

Grandmother interviewed. Years of drama and custody battles. Grandmother says that Mitchelle could be very sweet but that there was something "off" about her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back