MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaylynn, more likely I think that his vehicle was caught on the turnpike toll cams.

Has LE said publicly that they are focusing on a gravel pit or is this heresay? Nearest gravel pit to these areas seems to be St. Joe's Sand and Gravel just west of Holiday City turnpike entrance, in Montpelier.

The gravel pit was mentioned on FOX News at 8am PT. That is all that was said about it, but they did mention the other areas where they are searching. None of those towns/areas are familiar to me.

I thought volunteers were being encouraged to go help and search. Does anyone know when LE said they can't now? Was it after this mornings presser?

Must have been after the presser. Pretty sure I heard him at the presser asking searchers to stop in first so they can keep track of who is searching.

I thought volunteers were being encouraged to go help and search. Does anyone know when LE said they can't now? Was it after this mornings presser?

Maybe they found something and want the general public away so as to not contaminate the area?

I agree with others this is not good! His story was fishy from the start and the failed suicide attempt!! Most people especially males when they attempt suicide are usually successful, seems to me he is trying to act like he is crazy so he can have a good defense. He supposedly called an acquaintance who took him to the hospital?? Why didn't he just finish the job if he wanted to die?? Crazy sad story!

The gravel pit was mentioned on FOX News at 8am PT. That is all that was said about it, but they did mention the other areas where they are searching. None of those towns/areas are familiar to me.

The Detroit Free Press article said these towns near the new search HQ in Pioneer Ohio are areas that LE is concentrating on.

Does anyone know if LE actually HAS the blue Dodge Caravan now?

Where are those poor boys? :(

http://toledoblade.com/article/20101129/NEWS16/11280359/0/SPORTS03

That was how I read this link..........
-------
Earlier Monday morning, an announcement of a new search — with only safety personnel
-------
Those volunteers were asked to stay in the building by safety personnel who said they may be needed later on Monday to search the area.

The whole story about the lady from the internet sounds to me alot like Casey's Zenaida Gonzalez story, a bunch of bs! JMO

Most of the towns on and around HWY 20 are so small if you blink you'll miss them. Pioneer is just north of 20 on 15 is closer to the size of Morenci. and Holiday City is where the toll road is I believe. Lots of semi's on both 20 and the toll road. Someone he knew from driving truck could have seen him in the van also.

Is the blue van the one reportedly towed from the house or was another vehicle towed and this one is missing?

I was afraid it would lead here. Let me recap, just to make sure I am caught up. If i'm wrong, correct me, please.

LE now says that they don't have any proof that JT exists, and that they are sure the father made her up.
LE is now searching a gravel pit, without public assistance.
LE seems to be using GPS or cell phone pings to trace his location on the night the boys went missing, and are also looking for or have possession of a blue van that he might have been driving that night.

Am I caught up?

I have not heard if LE has seized the vehicle in question but I would assume so. THe photos they showed of it on TV look like it was taken in a parking garage of an impound lot but I cannot state that as fact, only speculation.

BTW- Nancy Grace is covering this case tonight on her show on HLN at 8 & 10 p.m. Maybe it will also be on Issues with Jane Valez Mitchell, she often does these same cases as well. Her show is at 7 pm. on HLN too.

I was afraid it would lead here. Let me recap, just to make sure I am caught up. If i'm wrong, correct me, please.

LE now says that they don't have any proof that JT exists, and that they are sure the father made her up.
LE is now searching a gravel pit, without public assistance.
LE seems to be using GPS or cell phone pings to trace his location on the night the boys went missing, and are also looking for or have possession of a blue van that he might have been driving that night.

Am I caught up?

my understanding is they want any witnesses to come forward who may have SEEN that van (or the boys or father) on Thursday or Thursday night/friday, primarily in Williams County, Ohio.

Has anyone posted a link to the fathers FB page? I could not find it when I searched because there are too many people with the same name. I have not yet read through all the pages on the first thread which is closed now (I'm only up to about page 9 out of 22) so forgive me if it's already been posted, but I would like to take a look at his FB page.

After he left with the kids to Florida and she had to have them brought back did she ask for supervised visitation? Or did this just come so out of left field that she didn't think she needed too?

She certainly reported them missing as soon as he missed the drop off time.
Is this another case of the courts not taking one parent's concerns seriously?

the FB has been taken to private, only FB info we has is the screen capture that was linked on the toledo newsite early on in the case.

Most of the towns on and around HWY 20 are so small if you blink you'll miss them. Pioneer is just north of 20 on 15 is closer to the size of Morenci. and Holiday City is where the toll road is I believe. Lots of semi's on both 20 and the toll road. Someone he knew from driving truck could have seen him in the van also.

Yes, route 20 is a heavily traveled highway in this area. It's peppered with small towns and has lots of rural area throughout as well. Tons of woods, but also open farmland mixed in too. This area of Ohio is very flat and low, prone to flooding (that's how the Great Lakes came to be- a giant glacier gouged out this area and melted) We are due for very heavy rain after midnight tonight- I hope it doesnt hamper the search tomorrow-( we may get 1.5- 2+ inches). Flooding could occur and destroy evidence potentially too.

More than 60 law enforcement officers and firefighters and several civilians are searching the Lazy River Campground near Pioneer, Ohio, in connection with the search for the three missing Morenci boys.

Campground owner Doug Rowland told the Free Press that Lenawee County Sheriff Jack Welsh was at the campground at 10:45 a.m. today and a full-scale search began at 11:30 a.m.
The campground covers more than 100 acres at the intersection of U.S. 20 and U.S. 20A, about three miles southwest of Pioneer, Ohio. The campground stretches about halfway from U.S. 20 on the north to the Ohio Turnpike (U.S. 80-90) to the south.

Asked whether the missing boys’ father, Jack Shelton, had ever been to the campground, Rowland said that to the best of his knowledge, “I have no record of him having camped here, at least under that name.”

Rowland emphasized that does not mean Skelton did not camp there under reservations made by someone else.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...2JivJOm36Vz7l1dJV3X8oe0=&template=fullarticle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg