MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought this morning after reading a thread for another missing person... Could he have given them to the Unification Church? They are also called "Moonies"... He could have forgotten (or chose to forget) the exact name... JMOO

oh yi yi- finding stuff about the Underground railroad...not sure if how those references of sanctuaries might apply here- many hiding places were used- different religious denominations involved
can't find any northwest Ohio caves

Although someone may prove me wrong, I lived in that area of NW Ohio for 40 years, and I am unaware of any caves in that area. The nearest caves I am aware of are east of Toledo, eg.. Seneca Caverns. Northwest Ohio is seriously flat farmland.

As to the "underground railroad" although there were some literally underground hiding places, the term "underground railroad" was more about an series of safe houses and trails/routes to take north through Michigan and into Canada. That being said, there are some homes in NW Ohio that were part of the "underground railroad" safe house system, that may have had root cellars or storm cellars used as hiding places.

RTH

I have thought and thought about this case while I have been busy with RL these past several days. I just don't know what to think any more. I so much wanted the boys to be hidden away with someone.
All I can think of now is that JS HAS hidden them away, and in his own twisted mind, he can't even rationally grasp what he has done...and is making up all these wackadoodle claims. Maybe there is truth in his lies, but I just can't wrap my mind around it any more. I don't think LE has released all that they have related to the case. I still can't figure out phone stuff/areas where he may have been pinging.

Maybe come spring, someone will be out walking trails or out & about on their property, and will stumble across where the boys are....I sadly think they are buried.

Little guys, you may be gone, but you are not forgotten.

Michigan father of mssing boys hearing delayed
A second delay was approved Tuesday for a pretrial hearing in the John Skelton parental kidnapping case. The hearing was moved from Wednesday, Feb. 23, to Wednesday, March 9. The Lenawee County Prosecutor’s office and public defender John Glaser submitted an order in Lenawee County Circuit Court agreeing to the adjournment on Tuesday afternoon.
More...

Are these delays normal? I'm frustrated by them, I can only imagine what TS and her family must be feeling.

Life prison charges added in Skelton missing boys prosecution
Prosecutors are wielding a bigger stick in the criminal case against a Morenci father charged in the Thanksgiving disappearance of his three sons.
Kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment counts have been added to the parental kidnapping counts filed against 39-year-old John Skelton in December. Skelton now faces a maximum of three life prison terms if convicted instead of a one-year sentence.
More...

Are these delays normal? I'm frustrated by them, I can only imagine what TS and her family must be feeling.

It is frustrating I know but its pretty normal, the courts want to make sure everyone is prepared for trial, both the defendent and the prosecution.

Ima

The delays are frustrating. But for every day that is one more chance for the boys bodies to be found before his trial.

The delays are frustrating. But for every day that is one more chance for the boys bodies to be found before his trial.

Yes true, but is anyone even searching??? LE never gave out any specific info as to the cell phone and any pings...just that it did ping ....Affidavits were never released to my knowledge as far as what was seized in the home/vehicle search, nor any info as to pings/towers, which could help pinpoint a location JS was in. We only found out about the computer searches on modes of killing a good bit after the fact, among other info.
They did want tips as to if the van had been seen during certain hours.And I never saw anything specific as to what search areas were specifically ruled out and marked searched.
:banghead:
but I still think of theses little guys 'bout every day.

The investigators could just be being tight-lipped for whatever reason. Just because we're not hearing about it doesn't mean nothing is going on.

I can't believe these boys haven't been found. This guy is a few steps below scum.

bumping this up for the little guys....have not forgotten them:(
I believe JS goes back to court March 9th.I hope that people will be on the lookout for them with spring looming.

3 Michigan Boys Missing Since Thanksgiving
POSTED: 5:04 am EST March 9, 2011

<snip>

Thirty-nine-year-old John Skelton is to appear in an Adrian courtroom on Wednesday. The 39-year-old Morenci (mor-EN'-see) resident has said he doesn't know the whereabouts of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner, who last were seen with him.

a little more here

http://www.wnem.com/news/27129699/detail.html

Although someone may prove me wrong, I lived in that area of NW Ohio for 40 years, and I am unaware of any caves in that area. The nearest caves I am aware of are east of Toledo, eg.. Seneca Caverns. Northwest Ohio is seriously flat farmland.

As to the "underground railroad" although there were some literally underground hiding places, the term "underground railroad" was more about an series of safe houses and trails/routes to take north through Michigan and into Canada. That being said, there are some homes in NW Ohio that were part of the "underground railroad" safe house system, that may have had root cellars or storm cellars used as hiding places.

RTH

RBBM

Seeing how he uses this term "UNDERGROUND RAILROAD" is there any railroads that go through underground tunnels around that area?

Just a thought...

RBBM

Seeing how he uses this term "UNDERGROUND RAILROAD" is there any railroads that go through underground tunnels around that area?

Just a thought...

Actually, I think he used the name "Underground Sanctuary" (one of the names he threw out there for the "organization" he CLAIMS to have given the children to.)

That whole area of NW Ohio is well known to me. There are railroad viaducts...where the rail goes over the highway (or visa versa) but nothing that you would call a "tunnel"....there are simply NO hills or mountains to tunnel under in NW Ohio....we are talking Flatlands.

All good thinking though CN2Souls.....we all need to keep asking questions.

If these boys aren't found or returned soon I think I will take a road trip and go check out the places that have been "tugging" at me since this case began.

I so want these boys to be alive.......

RTH

From the article:

"On Feb. 17, Lenawee County Prosecutor Jonathan Poer filed added charges of kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment to the custodial kidnapping charges filed in December. He now faces a potential life prison term rather than a maximum one year in prison."

:woohoo:

I'm glad he's not getting off easy on this one! Here's hoping the boys are found soon and justice is served! This case is what brought me to WS. I have been lurking here since November, and finally got the guts to join and post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member