GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

I had to read the article twice to figure out where this was occurring. Seems like I have read way too many of these cases that are so durn similar.

It does seem that the sheriff has an idea of where to search....probably known areas by being in LE.....but still I hope they find her.

yep mine is going wild a 19 year old in that house with the way he talked about marriage? Waiting a week to report it had more than enough time to make arrangements. Also the police can look at Taras and His phone records and find out if she was involved with anyone who and where. Just recently there was a husband who everyone thought was guilty because he got an attorney( but I would immediately get an attorney ) And he was proven innocent. But this guy smells IMO

sleuthin4fun said:
Is anyone elses hinky meter going crazy!!!!

Going overboard crazy!! Another Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, Jeffrey McDonald, Vince Doan, the list is endless.
The au pair is just as hinky as the husband, IMO.....What is wrong with these dumb*ss spouses who think that they can commit the perfect crime, instead of having to buck up like the rest of us and fix the marriage or get a divorce, neither option is easy, and both can be painful, but good grief, the mother of your children?
sorry, I know the husband isn't charged with anything, YET. This is all just my opinion, and IMO, Tara isn't coming back and her husband (and maybe the au pair) knows exactly where she is.
UGH!

TKS2003 said:
Going overboard crazy!! Another Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, Jeffrey McDonald, Vince Doan, the list is endless.
The au pair is just as hinky as the husband, IMO.....What is wrong with these dumb*ss spouses who think that they can commit the perfect crime, instead of having to buck up like the rest of us and fix the marriage or get a divorce, neither option is easy, and both can be painful, but good grief, the mother of your children?
sorry, I know the husband isn't charged with anything, YET. This is all just my opinion, and IMO, Tara isn't coming back and her husband (and maybe the au pair) knows exactly where she is.
UGH!

I got to agree with you. She isn't coming back and her husband has some splainin to do. But, first they need to find Tara's body if possible. This will provide forensic data....possibly implicating her perp. Without the body it is still doable but I am sure her family wants resolve.

I am reading this book called "Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It is about the murder of a child. It is great BTW. Anyway, it talks about a place where the crime occurred and then the discarding place. A sink hole that many used for discarding old refrigerators and such.The perp used it to discard an old safe holding the remains of the little girl. People paid the owners of the property for disposal. It was usual and normal and not likely to raise suspicion. I am bringing this up for all the missing and possibilities for recovery.

If he's found out to have involvement, it will come out later that it was about money. Washington Twshp is a "monied" area. It was reported today that they searched their cabin which has (IIRC) 40 ish acres, was used for maple sugaring and hunting. Nothing was found, snow was on the ground but neighbors reported that it had snowed in the past week. LE also noted that there would be lower keyed searched that probably won't be made public knowledge, so it definetly sounds like Hackel knows where he's going with this one for once.

concernedperson said:
I am reading this book called "Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It is about the murder of a child. It is great BTW. Anyway, it talks about a place where the crime occurred and then the discarding place. A sink hole that many used for discarding old refrigerators and such.The perp used it to discard an old safe holding the remains of the little girl. People paid the owners of the property for disposal. It was usual and normal and not likely to raise suspicion. I am bringing this up for all the missing and possibilities for recovery.

One of my favorite books.. sooooo moving and truthful

After reading that article, I dunno. Is the au pair truthful? Was SHE having an affair with the husband?

It just seems convenient the husband starts contacting an 'old gf' just weeks before his wife disappears, accuses her of having affairs with multiple co-workers who deny it, there's no phone records that she talked to anyone.

Let's see how this plays out. Will the au pair return? Even in a year or two?

Of course, he could have also been role playing when the au pair returned, he could have seen her return from a window upstairs and said what he did when she came in to 'stage' the wife's disappearance.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
After reading that article, I dunno. Is the au pair truthful? Was SHE having an affair with the husband?

It just seems convenient the husband starts contacting an 'old gf' just weeks before his wife disappears, accuses her of having affairs with multiple co-workers who deny it, there's no phone records that she talked to anyone.

Let's see how this plays out. Will the au pair return? Even in a year or two?

Of course, he could have also been role playing when the au pair returned, he could have seen her return from a window upstairs and said what he did when she came in to 'stage' the wife's disappearance.

JMHO
fran
Fran, all I can say is DITTO.

I'm glad he's been arrested at least. His mugshot freaked me out! I imagine he looked like that a lot.

sleuthin4fun said:
Is anyone elses hinky meter going crazy!!!!
Heck yeah. When I saw that article my first thought was that she went back home/was dismissed a week after Tara went missing, at a time in which most people would imagine the au pair would be needed even more so than before.

It all just seems mighty convenient to have these statements now. I hope Tara is found and soon, the truth will come out when that happens. The sooner the better. I really feel for her family and what they are going through, not to mention how her children must be feeling. I can imagine they are pretty scared that their mommy is missing :(

Stephen Grant, husband of missing mother Tara Grant, was placed in the back of a squad car Friday afternoon, witnesses told Local 4.

Stephen Grant was pulled over by police at 28 Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue Friday afternoon.

After sitting in the squad car for about 20 minutes, Stephen Grant was allowed to get out the squad car and get into his jeep. Officers followed Grant to his home. Officers retrieved a search warrant to search Grant's home, and that search is actively under way, Local 4 reported.

Tara Grant has been missing since Feb. 9.

Police have been investigating and searching for clues in the case.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11158608/detail.html?treets=det&tml=det_break&ts=T&tmi=det_break_1_05150103022007

Thanks for the article, Mabel. Seems like LE has a bunch of questions and would like some answers. Hope they get what they are looking for and Tara is found.

Thanks Mabel!

From the link:

Hackel announced a news conference will be held at 7:30 p.m. to discuss the latest developments to this breaking news story.

Stephen Grant's attorney, David Griem, talked to Local 4 after the news conference.

"There was no answer given whatsoever as to why, for two weeks, has Stephen Grant not been a suspect?" Griem said. "Why, for two weeks, has there not been probable cause and what has changed?"

Griem said he did not believe there was probable cause for a search.

"When all is said and done, I'm going to shove that search warrant where the sun doesn't shine," Griem said.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11158608/detail.html?treets=det&tml=det_break&ts=T&tmi=det_break_1_05150103022007

Video: Sky 4 Flies Over Grant Home While Investigators Search

:eek: OMG!

chicoliving said:
Stephen Grant's attorney, David Griem, talked to Local 4 after the news conference.

"There was no answer given whatsoever as to why, for two weeks, has Stephen Grant not been a suspect?" Griem said. "Why, for two weeks, has there not been probable cause and what has changed?"

Griem said he did not believe there was probable cause for a search.

"When all is said and done, I'm going to shove that search warrant where the sun doesn't shine," Griem said.

Video: Sky 4 Flies Over Grant Home While Investigators Search

:eek: OMG!

Doncha just love these defense attornies grandstanding early on? LOL! Griem is so tough...I am skeered of him...ya think LE is?

concernedperson said:
Doncha just love these defense attornies grandstanding early on? LOL! Griem is so tough...I am skeered of him...ya think LE is?

Hackel has been Sheriff in these parts just about as long as I can remember. He even arrested my ex a few times. He don't skeer easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back