GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

Well, let's see, it took five days before the husband decided to report his wife missing, it's now been two more weeks and his wife STILL hasn't returned.................I would say that's probable cause enough to SEARCH WARRANT the house.

What's he worried about? He's had at least three weeks to clean up anything that may have happened there. Is he afraid LE might have equipment that will find something he FORGOT!?

Wonder if he's done any painting or bought any new furniture lately?

When are these guys going to learn? Wives, mothers, don't just DISAPPEAR and leave their children behind.

My bet is something happened UPSTAIRS as that's where he was coming from when the nanny returned that night. Wonder how he got her out of the house without the nanny seeing him? How many days did Tara's body remain in the home before he had a chance to move it? Could have been up to five days, and or, that's how long it took to get rid of the body and clean up the mess.

Sorry sport, the husband is ALWAYS the FIRST person to be looked out.

His attorney looks like a piece of work. Such language to use in the media. Such class! :eek:

JMHO
fran

Mabel said:
Hackel has been Sheriff in these parts just about as long as I can remember. He even arrested my ex a few times. He don't skeer easy.

That is kinda what I was thinking. Your ex probably deserved it as most ex's do. I am not scared of the defense attorney (I'm sure you figured that out) just wanted to call attention to his ludicrous statement. What an azzhat!

concernedperson said:
That is kinda what I was thinking. Your ex probably deserved it as most ex's do. I am not scared of the defense attorney (I'm sure you figured that out) just wanted to call attention to his ludicrous statement. What an azzhat!
I don't think I've ever heard of this crass display from an attorney even a defense attorney. I'm stunned. He's doing his client no favors even though his client is probably just another husband who likely did the deed. He certainly hasn't been ruled out so what's with the no class verbage this early in the game?? sheesh

Hi All

Breaking news right now. Quick summary, while it's on.

1. Torso found in garage of home.
2. Police want to press murder charges.
3. Husband is missing. Last time anyone spoke to him was 5:30 am (assuming the attorney). Attorney stated this morning that he is very concerned about the health and well being of client.

ella's mom said:
Hi All

Breaking news right now. Quick summary, while it's on.

1. Torso found in garage of home.
2. Police want to press murder charges.
3. Husband is missing. Last time anyone spoke to him was 5:30 am (assuming the attorney). Attorney stated this morning that he is very concerned about the health and well being of client.
Here is a link to this morning's Detroit Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070303/NEWS06/703030343

This is pretty gruesome.

Thanks Kadie for the heads up. RC

News stating that another news conference will be on at 10:30am.

Going to do search at 29 and Mound.

Prayers for Tara Grant's family. This must be horrible for them.

ella's mom said:
News stating that another news conference will be on at 10:30am.

Going to do search at 29 and Mound.

Prayers for Tara Grant's family. This must be horrible for them.

Please keep us informed and thank you for the breaking news info. Ths Grant fellow is a horrible beast if he did this and it appears so.

Breaking News here in Michigan; also, that they expect to find her husband's body in a car somewhere. A supposed suicide.

UGH Hackel screwed up another one....I swear this guy has an issue with wanting to do press conferences vs doing his job..(can you tell I do NOT like Mr hackel? lol)

I'll be surprised if they find Mr. Grant right away. He has money, he has friends, they traveled in a well connected "circle", and there is Oakland County Airport not too far away from Washington Township, as well as there being an (small) airport out in that area. He could be well into canada. (maybe a half hour drive depending on traffic)

But - How can they NOT know if something is a torso or not? I mean, isn't that pretty much an is or isn't issue?

As we all well know, even when everything is in black and white pointing to a person's guilt, there are still those that will stick by a person...who knows, I'm in a speculative mood this morning.

*off the soapbox that made no sense*

JinxieJada said:
UGH Hackel screwed up another one....I swear this guy has an issue with wanting to do press conferences vs doing his job..(can you tell I do NOT like Mr hackel? lol)

Snipped for space.
*QUOTE]

Jinxie. I have to respectfully disagree with you on this.

I think were a lot of things going on with this case, but LE's hands were tied. If you look at the case, all they knew is Tara left, nothing else. They needed something to give them probable cause to get a SW for the house. Obviously, something must have happened yesterday that gave them "probable cause" to get a SW.

ella's mom said:
JinxieJada said:

Snipped for space.
*QUOTE]

Jinxie. I have to respectfully disagree with you on this.

I think were a lot of things going on with this case, but LE's hands were tied. If you look at the case, all they knew is Tara left, nothing else. They needed something to give them probable cause to get a SW for the house. Obviously, something must have happened yesterday that gave them "probable cause" to get a SW.
21 days to get a warrant?!?

Meridian said:
21 days to get a warrant?!?

Sorry to say but that can sometimes happen. LE may have had suspicions but it has to show probable cause or no legal legs to stand on and a perp could get away with a crime.

concernedperson said:
Sorry to say but that can sometimes happen. LE may have had suspicions but it has to show probable cause or no legal legs to stand on and a perp could get away with a crime.
TY CP. You are right if LE went in and their reasoning for it wasn't rock solid, they risk the attorney saying it was an illegal search and seizure (sp) and any evidence found could be thrown out.

I was thinking gosh, this is too much time and if there is evidence, it's gone by now. But obviously, that wasn't the case.

ella's mom said:
TY CP. You are right if LE went in and there reasoning for it wasn't rock solid, they risk the attorney saying it was an illegal search and seizure (sp) and any evidence found could be thrown out.

I was thinking gosh, this is too much time and if there is evidence, it's gone by now. But obviously, that wasn't the case.
Ella's Mom

I think this time line report gives a pretty good idea of what the probable cause may have been. One thing that jumps out is S. Grant saying he overheard Tara speaking with someone she was going to meet but records show there were no calls made from land line or cell phone when he says this occurred.

Note:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11095435/detail.html

Seems like lots of reason here to get a warrant.

raisincharlie said:
Ella's Mom

I think this time line report gives a pretty good idea of what the probable cause may have been. One thing that jumps out is S. Grant saying he overheard Tara speaking with someone she was going to meet but records show there were no calls made from land line or cell phone when he says this occurred.

Note:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11095435/detail.html

Seems like lots of reason here to get a warrant.
Don't get me wrong Raisin, I agree. I would have assumed that the phone call story would have been probable cause, along with no use of credit cards, cell, bank, etc. But apparently, that was not enough.

Heck, I wasn't even talking the warrant, I was talking about another one disappearing into thin air under hackel's watch! (We seem to be having all types roam off into thin air lately in Macomb County)...And this isn't the first, second, third or fourth time it's happened under him. There are other issues, but it's more municipal related etc...I'll save it for another day lol

OhMyGosh! Unbelievable!

I saw this on Drudge and couldn't believe it. I come here and see you all are already on it!

I gotta go right now, I'll post more later.

:(

fran

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MISSING_WOMAN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Husband Sought As Woman's Torso Found

By DAVID RUNK
Associated Press Writer

DETROIT (AP) -- Investigators found what is believed to be the torso of a mother of two who disappeared last month and they were seeking her husband as the suspect in her slaying, authorities said Saturday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back