Found Deceased MI - Tonya Jackson, 42, Ypsilanti Township, 3 May 2014

If she ran into the water at high speed, she may have been able to get a door open or a window down while it was sinking or afterwards. Although she may have almost saved herself, she apparently couldn't make it to the surface in time. That may explain why she wasn't found in the vehicle. Her purse and wallet may have also drifted out of the same door or window over time while submerged, or, she may have had her purse slung over her shoulder when she tried to escape.

This is going to be ruled accidental drowning.

Some car door windows automatically open when submerged I believe. Otherwise the doors would be impossible to open because of the pressure.

but why 2 cars? Perhaps someone wanted to make one car disappear with the body, but tried first a different car to make sure the car would submerge when rolling down the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on WDIV 4:00 News: Silver SUV pulled from lake is most likely the vehicle TJ was reportedly driving when she went missing. No mention of second vehicle or if it's related.

(I didn't mean to kill the conversation :blushing: I'm just confused by the conflicting info)

Bridge Road is not far off. I believe this is just a misinterpretation by the news source. Several reports state she lived at the Lakeshore apartment complex. Not really all that pertinent except for it lends credibility to the "friends" story of her heading home after their meeting.

I eagerly await more information about Tonya, the other vehicles found and if foul play is suspected. I guess if her wallet was found and her accounts have not been used, robbery wouldn't be a motive. (also the vehicle wasn't stolen).

I'm not sure what possible motive exists, except in regards to the cheating. (I suppose both the friend and husband were ruled out as being suspect).

--- just thinking out loud. No facts here to go on.

Police confirm body found in lake was Tonya Jackson

Tonya Jackson disappeared a year ago

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: May 28 2015 08:43:10 AM EDT Updated On: May 29 2015 03:23:46 PM EDT

YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Mich. -
Police have confirmed Friday that the body pulled from a lake in Washtenaw County was Tonya Jackson, a woman who disappeared a year ago.

An investigation is ongoing.

Jackson, an Ypsilanti mother of three, was last seen at a Romulus motel with a co-worker in May 2014...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/body-found-in-lake-may-be-missing-ypsilanti-woman/33261298

Woman who found Tonya Jackson's wallet: 'I'm not a hero'

By Jeremy Allen | jallen42@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter on May 30, 2015 at 5:41 AM, updated May 30, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Before May 26, 2015, Kaleena Brown was a total stranger to Nikeyta Evans and LV Jackson, the sister and husband of missing Ypsilanti Township woman Tonya Jackson.

A twist of fate and two tragedies changed that and brought the three closer than any of them could have imagined.

Brown, an Ypsilanti resident, was trying to cope with the news she received just a couple days earlier about two of her cousins being involved in a serious car crash. One died and the other was badly injured.

"I just had to get out of my house. I had to do something, so I called another one of my cousins to come up from out of town," Brown said.

When the two got together they decided to take a walk around Ford Lake.

Brown wanted to travel a route near her house, one she was familiar with and had walked and jogged regularly in the past.

Her cousin wanted to take a different route — a route that led down Bridge Road near the Ford Lake Dam.

"That's just where she went for some reason. To that spot. And when we were walking I just saw something there open a few feet from the water," Brown said.

Read more: http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/05/woman_who_made_discovery_leadi.html

Tonya Jackson's funeral set for Friday; cause of death still unknown
June 24, 2015 at 2:14 PM

snip
Funeral services for the 43-year-old mother found dead at the bottom of Ford Lake last month will be held Friday, according to her obituary.

The family hour for Tonya Jackson's funeral will begin at 10 a.m. and will be followed by the funeral service at 11 a.m.

The service is being held at Whitehead Memorial Church, 2069 Tyler Road, Ypsilanti.

Burial will take place in Sunset Hills Cemetery in Ypsilanti.

While Jackson's body has been released to the family for burial, officials are still not releasing a cause of death.

Months later, police won't release autopsy results for Tonya Jackson
September 08, 2015 at 5:40 AM

snip:
"Due to this being an ongoing and very complicated investigation we are not releasing the autopsy results at this time," Derrick Jackson of the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office said.

For L.V. Jackson, Tonya Jackson's husband, it's been a frustrating few months with few answers.

He said he has no information on her cause of death and her death certificate is still pending. Without the death certificate, he cannot access money from her life insurance policy to take care of their three children, he said.

I am almost sure that this wasn't an accident. IMO, it is unlikely that the car veered off the road without hitting any poles, buildings, guard rails etc. It probably is murder or suicide. Also, from where she was last seen, she would have taken that road if she were on her way back home.

This doesn't look good for the husband. He now looks suspicious because:
1. He has motive(s): angry with his wife for cheating, life insurance.
2. The body/car(s) were found right next to their house.

One could easily imagine that she came home, there was a fight where she was killed (accidentally), and then there was a cover-up where he place her in the car, then pushed the car down the hill.

But to his defense: He did seem genuine to me in the interviews that a watched some time ago. Also, he has passed a polygraph test. But who else has a motive?

The last update I could find was from May. A cause of death has still not been revealed.

How did Tonya Jackson die?

When asked if the police know her cause of death, Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office Detective Lt. Jim Anuszkiewicz said police don't want to comment yet.

"We're trying to protect the investigation," he said. "We want to release as much information as possible, but we also don't want to jeopardize the integrity of the investigation."

He said not releasing certain information may help them with further interviews or other aspects in the investigation. It's an active, ongoing case, he said.

For now, that's fine with Tonya Jackson's sister, Nikeyta Evans.

"It's not like a TV show where they can solve it in one hour," she said. "I want them to go through it with a fine-tooth comb."

Although police would not comment on how Tonya Jackson died – whether it was homicide, accident or suicide – neither LV Jackson nor Nikeyta Evans believe she died from suicide.

Evans said she believes her sister was murdered.

Timeline of the mysterious death of Tonya Jackson

Four years later, Tonya Jackson's autopsy report raises more questions than answers

Police held up the release of the autopsy report for years, arguing it could compromise an ongoing investigation. They relented recently in hopes generating new developments with the release of the document.

"It's been quite a while since we've had any new information or anything to follow-up on in this," said Derrick Jackson, director of community engagement for the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office. "... At the minimum, we'd like to give her family some answers."

Jackson's family had hoped someone would come forward without the release of the autopsy report, said Nikeyta Evans, Tonya Jackson's sister. She believes her sister was murdered.

Reactions: byo
It has been silent around this case for quite some time. I thought that the silence meant that the case had been wrapped up and that police had concluded that this was an accident or self-inflicted. Perhaps not.

This case is still a mystery.

Reactions: byo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500