Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Schoolcraft police investigated this it had to be when they were all living in Schoolcraft.

Furthermore, if Schoolcraft police investigated Venus Stewart's alledged allegations and found they were baseless (which appears to be the case since Doug Stewart wasn't charged with anything) than this is just the parents trying to stir up sentiment against DS. Besides that, it would appear the first "allegation of abuse" was apparently made by DS against Venus' father if part of the subsequent investigation (for which these notes were made up) was to investigate whether or not an allegation against the father was false. What was the allegation against the grandfather?

Anybody following me here? Was the grandfather investigated by Schoolcraft Police? What is his criminal background if any? Wasn't he technically the last adult alone with her in the home?

This is not an accusation at all, just asking questions that seem relevant.
Yes, if it was against the Grandfather then SchoolCraft Police would be investing the allegations.

The Grandfather (LM) was the the last, known, adult alone with VS at the time of her disappearance. VS's Mother had left earlier for work.

Yes, if it was against the Grandfather then SchoolCraft Police would be investing the allegations.

The Grandfather (LM) was the the last, known, adult alone with VS at the time of her disappearance. VS's Mother had left earlier for work.

I can't imagine that her own father could be involved, but stranger things have happened before...is the father claiming no knowledge of these notes until now? Where were they? Why give them to the TV station if they have already been investigated and deemed "insufficient" by police? What would be the motive?

another case of an ugly divorce, custody battle where the "adults" have continually crossed the line...........allegations of abuse by both parents, ppo's and threats against each other......... ending in what will probably be dad taking out mum......

These poor kids..........these adults get so vindictive against each other and dont care about the kids caught in the middle......I am sure most of us have seen or heard of ugly custody/divorce battles....or been involved in one personally....

this is an ugly case .......but i suppose we can be thankful the children are still alive.....how many cases have their been when dad (and sometimes mum) have killed the kids and then killed themselves to get back at the other person.....

just to add my theory....I reckon this guy is probably a friend/acquaintance of his that he has paid to get rid of her....but lent him his vehicle to get there..........

I can't imagine that her own father could be involved, but stranger things have happened before...is the father claiming no knowledge of these notes until now? Where were they? Why give them to the TV station if they have already been investigated and deemed "insufficient" by police? What would be the motive?

Oh I can't either. I find it strange how the "letter" just came up. At first I thought maybe that was WHAT was sent in the mail. Since we have not heard what VS was mailing out that morning.

I found this link while doing a search online... http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Dad-finds-handwritten-letter-from-Venus

I thought I read he was a stepfather but I could be wrong about that.

Is the crouching man the same description as the one above?

No.

The sketch is, I believe, of the guy that Leona Powell claimed walked up behind her and asked her where he was.

Not possible.

"According to the letter, her daughter told Venus about the incident in February 2010"

Something doesn't add up here...

ETA: neither set of grandparents live in Schoolcraft, so the county would have jurisdiction. This is strange. When did they move to VA ?

Doug and Venus still own a house in Schoolcraft. Maybe this happened when he came to Colon to visit the kids, and took them to the house that they own. He's got family in the area. It very certainly could have happened in Schoolcraft. Indeed, Venus may have had suspicions about it in Virginia which possibly could have been confirmed after she moved back to Michigan.

Which brings about another point....

With Venus gone, Doug won't have to split the profit from the sale of the house in Schoolcraft. Wonder if he had a life insurance policy on her, too.

So far 3 people saw a "stranger". All saw a white male.

An unnamed neighbor saw a man crouched next to a truck similar to Doug's. The truck sped off. Tire imprints were taken. That was in a vacant lot/field across/kittycorner from the home on Driftwood Drive.

Mark Thomason saw a drenched man coming out of the woods at Adams Lake with leaves/brush in his hair. Adams Lake area was searched on foot and with K-9s and helicopter.

Leona Powell saw a man who came up behind her and asked "do you know where I am?" Adams Lake itself was searched with sonar on a dive boat.

Again, I do not want to say something incorrect...i thought I had seen there was a stepfather but I might be totally wrong, so I apologize...

Thanks. I guess that's it then; something happened prior to 2009. They're 5 and 3. I don't know... I really hope for the children's sake that this came from them and pray pray pray that they weren't coached in any manner. God, those poor girls. Either way --- whether father molested them or mother coached to get back at father --- they've been victimized.
I have so many questions now. What led up to the girl saying she was molested? Was the girl taken to a doctor for an examination? If so and the allegations are true, why weren't charges filed against the dad? If the charges are true how come he's calling them every evening for "phone visitation"? I mean, she's allegedly molested but wants to talk with her dad every night? :waitasec: MOO

I have so many questions now. What led up to the girl saying she was molested? Was the girl taken to a doctor for an examination? If so and the allegations are true, why weren't charges filed against the dad? If the charges are true how come he's calling them every evening for "phone visitation"? I mean, she's allegedly molested but wants to talk with her dad every night? :waitasec: MOO

The molestation occured when they were in Michigan (I believe), but wasn't reported by the mother until they left VA in February. I don't know if that is when the mother found out or what. With that sort of time lapse, I doubt if there was any physical findings for a physician to report on. There may have been no physical findings period, if the molestation didn't involve intercourse.

I believe he was only allowed to call them after he was cleared of these allegations (IIRC) and may have insisted on talking to his daughters...IDK. If the court gives him permission to talk to his daughters (and I think this is how it worked) would his daughters have to talk to him ? I am trying to make sense of this, but until we get more answers it's hard to do.

The molestation occured when they were in Michigan (I believe), but wasn't reported by the mother until they left VA in February. I don't know if that is when the mother found out or what. With that sort of time lapse, I doubt if there was any physical findings for a physician to report on. There may have been no physical findings period, if the molestation didn't involve intercourse.

I believe he was only allowed to call them after he was cleared of these allegations (IIRC) and may have insisted on talking to his daughters...IDK. If the court gives him permission to talk to his daughters (and I think this is how it worked) would his daughters have to talk to him ? I am trying to make sense of this, but until we get more answers it's hard to do.
Thanks for clarifying! I'm just trying to figure out if the allegations could be true, or if it was something to try to use against him. MOO

Allegations were investigated. Insufficient evidence.

Why did dad have custody? Was Venus given temp. custody because of the accusations?

Gramps giving the letter to the media sets off my hinky meter...BIG TIME!!

hmmmmm.....when was Venus last seen by anyone besides mom?

Allegations were investigated. Insufficient evidence.

Why did dad have custody? Was Venus given temp. custody because of the accusations?

Gramps giving the letter to the media sets off my hinky meter...BIG TIME!!
Obviously he wants everyone to know about it, and LE probably wouldn't have released the information especially if the allegations have already been investigated and nothing came from it. He might believe this proves the ex-husband was involved in Venus' disappearance. MOO

As for the Granddad giving the letters to the media, I have to try and put myself in his shoes. He, and his wife, have stated from the beginning that they know who is behind Venus's disappearance, they believe it is Doug. They believe it so much that the children are in hiding. If I was the parent of Venus, I might just show those letters to the media too out of anger, and a need for the truth to come out. I feel that LE has had those letters for awhile now.

The police have said that Doug is a POI in this case, they have not recanted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner