Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though presenting the letter to the media probably won't help get Venus found any faster, I don't think it's necessarily a suspicious move. They're probably scared that if there's no more evidence found, he'll get the kids. And he could easily make it so the grandparents never see them again.

I see the letter thing as a desperate move to keep the kids in their hands.

As for the Granddad giving the letters to the media, I have to try and put myself in his shoes. He, and his wife, have stated from the beginning that they know who is behind Venus's disappearance, they believe it is Doug. They believe it so much that the children are in hiding. If I was the parent of Venus, I might just show those letters to the media too out of anger, and a need for the truth to come out. I feel that LE has had those letters for awhile now.

The police have said that Doug is a POI in this case, they have not recanted yet.
That's what I feel too ~ he's probably angry that the allegations couldn't be proven and believes they are true, so he turns to the media. I feel so sorry for Venus' parents trying to live through this nightmare. :( MOO

That's what I feel too ~ he's probably angry that the allegations couldn't be proven and believes they are true, so he turns to the media. I feel so sorry for Venus' parents trying to live through this nightmare. :( MOO
I do too Panthera, and those children who are now without their mother. Venus's mom said on NG that one of the children wanted to know if her mom was with her dad. She said the daughter was worried about that. I just have an awful feeling about this one.

I do too Panthera, and those children who are now without their mother. Venus's mom said on NG that one of the children wanted to know if her mom was with her dad. She said the daughter was worried about that. I just have an awful feeling about this one.
I do too and how sad for the children if their dad is responsible. :(

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Dad-finds-handwritten-letter-from-Venus

If Schoolcraft police investigated this it had to be when they were all living in Schoolcraft.

Furthermore, if Schoolcraft police investigated Venus Stewart's alledged allegations and found they were baseless (which appears to be the case since Doug Stewart wasn't charged with anything) than this is just the parents trying to stir up sentiment against DS. Besides that, it would appear the first "allegation of abuse" was apparently made by DS against Venus' father if part of the subsequent investigation (for which these notes were made up) was to investigate whether or not an allegation against the father was false. What was the allegation against the grandfather?

Anybody following me here? Was the grandfather investigated by Schoolcraft Police? What is his criminal background if any? Wasn't he technically the last adult alone with her in the home?

This is not an accusation at all, just asking questions that seem relevant.

I don't know. This whole thing gives me a headache. I'm beginning to believe they're ALL nuts.

I can't imagine that her own father could be involved, but stranger things have happened before...is the father claiming no knowledge of these notes until now? Where were they? Why give them to the TV station if they have already been investigated and deemed "insufficient" by police? What would be the motive?

Well, going back to Natal's possible scenarios if DS is ruled out....

But you also have to consider that maybe either mom or parents or all have said things to the girls about their father. It's a horrible thing to do, but we all know it's done and frankly I don't think any of these people really give a damn about the emotional and psychological effects all this high drama (apparently going on for years) has on these little ones. That is really starting to tick me off...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Dad-finds-handwritten-letter-from-Venus

If Schoolcraft police investigated this it had to be when they were all living in Schoolcraft.

Furthermore, if Schoolcraft police investigated Venus Stewart's alledged allegations and found they were baseless (which appears to be the case since Doug Stewart wasn't charged with anything) than this is just the parents trying to stir up sentiment against DS. Besides that, it would appear the first "allegation of abuse" was apparently made by DS against Venus' father if part of the subsequent investigation (for which these notes were made up) was to investigate whether or not an allegation against the father was false. What was the allegation against the grandfather?

Anybody following me here? Was the grandfather investigated by Schoolcraft Police? What is his criminal background if any? Wasn't he technically the last adult alone with her in the home?

There is a difference between accusations being 'baseless' and there being 'insufficient evidence'. 'Insufficient evidence' means that there is not enough evidence to charge and/or win a conviction. 'Baseless' would mean that there was no evidence to base a charge on. Its a fine line, but a definite line nonetheless, IMHO.

I really, really dislike these cases. All the adults are nuts and the kids are suffering the consequences in the middle. And will for eternity. Sad, sad, sad.

So far 3 people saw a "stranger". All saw a white male.

An unnamed neighbor saw a man crouched next to a truck similar to Doug's. The truck sped off. Tire imprints were taken. That was in a vacant lot/field across/kittycorner from the home on Driftwood Drive.

Mark Thomason saw a drenched man coming out of the woods at Adams Lake with leaves/brush in his hair. Adams Lake area was searched on foot and with K-9s and helicopter.

Leona Powell saw a man who came up behind her and asked "do you know where I am?" Adams Lake itself was searched with sonar on a dive boat.

sketchpng-9bc13f63cce225c5_small.png

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/police_release_sketch_of_man_t.html

So three people saw this guy. I'm still surprised if he had anything to do with it, why draw attention to himself ?

sketchpng-9bc13f63cce225c5_small.png

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/police_release_sketch_of_man_t.html

So three people saw this guy. I'm still surprised if he had anything to do with it, why draw attention to himself ?

I completely agree with you. No one, after kidnapping, killing, and dumping a woman, would approach someone in the area asking, "Where am I?" It's absurd. If he has the gonads to carry out such a crime, I think he'd be able to get himself "unlost" by himself easily enough.

It does seem weird that he would ask a question like that if he was on the run; could have just nodded and said hello, and went on his way.

I just hope Venus' parents have not hurt any later case vs. the ex by releasing docs to media...defense could make something of that I suppose. I am not sure why they felt it was necessary at this point as LE does not seem to be looking away from him as far as I can tell. They probably should have just given any such docs to a lawyer to hold in event of a custody battle, although I gather that issue (the alleged abuse) has already been determined. I don't see how it can be brought up against him again, as they could not have new evidence. I am sure they are frustrated and scared...but I think if the ex is the one, he will pay for the crime. He's being given a very hard look.

But you also have to consider that maybe either mom or parents or all have said things to the girls about their father. It's a horrible thing to do, but we all know it's done and frankly I don't think any of these people really give a damn about the emotional and psychological effects all this high drama (apparently going on for years) has on these little ones. That is really starting to tick me off...

BBM. Me, too.

BBM. Those are the issues good investigators would be pursuing right about now. Everyone here seems to be focused on the estranged husband (for good reason really), but good investigators would get answers to your very questions. If it were the husband who was sleeping soundly in bed while the wife was abducted, we, and police, would be all over him. Since it was the father, not so much it seems. When investigating a crime like this, it is a terrible mistake to make assumptions based on relationships. The last known person identified to be with the victim is ALWAYS the first suspect that needs to be ruled out. You have to start from ground zero and work out from there. I'm not accusing the parents of anything, but the people at ground zero (living companions, neighbors, friends, coworkers) have to be ruled out.

Automatically dismissing someone as a suspect because he/she is the victim's parent, brother, sister, cousin, neighbor, uncle or best friend is a terrible mistake. And that is exactly what is happening here. What has this victim been doing the past few months? Where does she work? Who are her friends? Where does she shop? Does she belong to gym? Where does she get her hair and nails done? What is her routine? What is her relationship like with her parents, the neighbors, coworkers? Solving a crime starts with the victim, and we have heard nothing about her life over the last few months, other than what her parents tell us.

Who are the people who have been closest to this victim the past few months and what have those people been doing? That's what I'd be asking.

Also I would think that in a small town, lots of people knew she was back...there could be someone from her prior life who had a grudge or a crush...

re the father, I too thought I had read that he was a stepfather.......I have reread a few of the posts but cant find it......it may have been in one of the comments....I thought I might have been mixing it up with another case.......but this is the only one I have been reading these last couple of days......

if anyone could clarify this it would be great.....

I have so many questions now. What led up to the girl saying she was molested? Was the girl taken to a doctor for an examination? If so and the allegations are true, why weren't charges filed against the dad? If the charges are true how come he's calling them every evening for "phone visitation"? I mean, she's allegedly molested but wants to talk with her dad every night? :waitasec: MOO

my years of being a foster parnet, no matter what the parent has done to the child. 90 percent of the time the child will still want to talk to the parent and say they want to go home.

I really hope they have checked phone reacords for venus... landine and cell phone and computer messages and contact everybody she has talked to for the last few weeks

Larry McComb is Venus' father.

I believe that Therese had a son by another man before she married Larry, because Venus has an older brother by the last name of Jasper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner