GUILTY MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #11

Next witness: Tiffany M.

Describes the defendant.

Married to her sister, Venus.

Was there a period of time when Venus lived with you?
Yes one month in Michigan. Both Venus and daughters, Brooke and Rachel.

Relationship with children?
They were her life.

After they lived with her, they moved to her moms house.

No questions. Witness can step down.

Venus' grandpa has emotional testimony
Venus' husband on trial for her murder
Updated: Friday, 25 Feb 2011, 11:26 AM EST
Published : Friday, 25 Feb 2011, 7:35 AM EST By Dani Carlson

Some developments from court on Friday --
-- The prosecution decided to call Venus' grandfather, Aerrol Jasper, to the witness stand. He got emotional at one point during questioning and had to pause to gather his thoughts before continuing. Jasper described a phone call from May 2010 he had with a woman who said she was Venus, but he doesn't think it was her.

-- Venus' sister, Tiffany Morris, testified earlier in the morning and said Venus' kids were her life. The defense did not ask TIffany any questions.

==========
Richard Spencer , the Delaware man who allegedly was Doug Stewart's accomplice in the murder is expected to testify later Friday.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Doug-Stewart-murder-trial-Feb-25-2011

WOOD TV8:
The stream is currently interrupted so our reporter can be on 24 Hour News 8 at Noon. We will resume the live coverage of the trial as soon as possible.

Back up now.

DaniCarlsonTV8:
Alleged Doug Stewart accomplice Ricky Spencer's mom Donna says her son "would never hurt anyone" [via Twitter]

Both of Ricky Spencer's parents agree he is "very impressionable" [via Twitter]

Defense asks Donna Spencer if her son meant to kill Venus Stewart [via Twitter]

Back up now.

DaniCarlsonTV8:
Alleged Doug Stewart accomplice Ricky Spencer's mom Donna says her son "would never hurt anyone" [via Twitter]

Both of Ricky Spencer's parents agree he is "very impressionable" [via Twitter]

Actually it sounded to me like his mother said he wasn't impressionable. She was doing all she could to defend her son. She also said that Ricky had told her he had talked to Venus directly on the Xbox.

Thank you to everyone posting notes on all the testimony. I've been hopping in and out and listening/watching when I can. I really appreciate the updates for when I can't be here.

Thank you to everyone posting notes on all the testimony. I've been hopping in and out and listening/watching when I can. I really appreciate the updates for when I can't be here.

Ditto on the thanks! It's been a rough week in the trucking industry and I'm praying I get to watch more next week!!

:praying: for justice for Venus, her daughters, and all those who love and miss her!!!

Spencer about to testify. Has been granted immunity for testimony only in Michigan, not in other states. This immunity does not exempt him from perjury charges if he lies on the stand. The judge is making sure that he understands that he could be charged by a state other than Michigan for something he testifies about.

Plea offer for Spencer is manslaughter, 1 year in jail. Will not be charged with conspiracy to commit first degree murder.

Spencer says he understands he could be charged in other states.

My opinion is that Spencer is taking a huge risk by testifying and putting himself at risk of being charged with serious crimes in Maryland, Delaware or Virginia, but obviously I'm glad that he is.

Audio is off because they are discussing issues with the judge, but the camera is showing Doug Stewart and he looks very worried.

Court is adjourned until Monday morning at 8:30. Holdup is exactly what the defense can say to the jury about Spencer's plea bargain. Obviously the defense wants to use his plea bargain to impugn his testimony. I'm sure they want to imply that Spencer is stretching the truth to get a sweet deal from the prosecutor.

Thanks for all the updates y'all! It's been a crazy day at work.

My computermouse stopped working and I couldn't report anymore. But I did hear everything.

Venus' grandfather's testimony was very hard for me to watch. An old and still strong man sitting and weeping like that... it was so touching and I'll think about him for a long time. He came across as sincere and it was clear that he loved Venus very, very much.

My computermouse stopped working and I couldn't report anymore. But I did hear everything.

Venus' grandfather's testimony was very hard for me to watch. An old and still strong man sitting and weeping like that... it was so touching and I'll think about him for a long time. He came across as sincere and it was clear that he loved Venus very, very much.

Thanks Norwegian! Your updates were great. I couldn't watch today.

Seems everybody loved Venus except for the one who stood before God and vowed to love her, honor her, protect her, keep her....

Sad.

Just thought the new thread could use a picture of Venus.

venusstewart_%282%29.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back