Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Michigan near the Colon area, and our local news has reported that DS was enroute to Michigan last night WITH his attorney. So, apparently the attorney knows all about him coming to MI and of course LE is keeping tabs on his whereabouts.

So glad to have a local on board! Welcome to WS, MarineMom! Please keep us updated on anything you're hearing.

BBM

Douglas does exactly what is expected from a wife abuser - he drags his wife to another state, isolating her from family and friends - all in the name of driving a food delivery truck as a job. Now that she is gone, he moves back and surrounds himself with family and friends. Unless he gets a new woman to beat down, all he has left to terrorize is his children or Venus' parents. I guess for now, playing games with LE is keeping him out of trouble. moo

He's playing the games he plays best - mind games! moo

ETA: Venus' parents need to be very careful for themselves and the children, moo

I agree 100%. Textbook.

One thing that bothers me. Risko continues to say stuff like "We're not worried about Doug. We're trying to find Venus."

But they more than likely KNOW that he did this and are just waiting for evidence. I hope that he's under 24 hour surveillance. Like you, Eyes, I fear for Venus' parents and children.

Another thing-- about the blood. Results should be back today. Preliminary DNA results came back on Nevaeh Buchanan within two days. I'm wondering if MSP has the results but just aren't releasing the info to the public.

Got to give Mike Risko kudos for the way he's handled this case. He's been a stone-faced spokesman yet he's given us enough info to work with... and he's good to confirm whether rumors are true or not.

One thing that bothers me. Risko continues to say stuff like "We're not worried about Doug. We're trying to find Venus."
I love this! It's a slap in the face for Teh DS. He thought he could make this all about him, and it's really not going to be. Haha. Talk about mind games! :dance:

I love this! It's a slap in the face for Teh DS. He thouut mind games! :dance:

LE are playing it just perfect! They must have brought a psychological profiler in. Gotta love it!

Tried to delete the message but it wouldn't let me. Having trouble quoting and I don't know why.

A West Michigan man is looking for volunteers to help in the search for Venus Stewart.

The man, who has helped in other missing person searches, is calling for volunteers to aid in the search for Venus Stewart, who went missing from in front of her parents home in April.

Volunteers are asked to meet at the park on Colon Road in Colon at 9:00 am on Friday to be assigned areas to search. Volunteers are asked to wear clothes and shoes suitable for walking in woods and heavy brush.

Meanwhile, Michigan State Police say they were out searching for Venus on Wednesday, but they would not confirm where they were searching.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/volunteers-1376411-search-missing.html

I do not understand why LE has not been able to indentify and either dismiss or include the man in the woods/water by now...didn't Venus' dad say he knew who he was, more or less? In this small town, how hard could he be to find and question? A number of people saw him.

Also, am hoping LE is holding back info. Am still not sure if it turns out to be that some blood on vehicles is Venus' that it would be enough for a charge? Considering she may have been in vehicles before and they probably can't tell age of blood? I think it is enough, but not if LE would think so. I guess that is the sort of thing a jury can decide?

Reports say that DS is believed to be staying at his parents house, but when news reporters went to that house, the woman that answered the door said that 'They just want to be left alone!'

...and as already reported, YES, they are asking for many volunteers to help in the search now. They want people to wear shoes and clothing suitable for mud, and thick underbrush.

The news also said that DS still calls VS parents house every night asking to speak to his children. (not sure of the location of the children at this time, but hope they stay in hiding until something breaks - like him being arrested!) JMO

The news also said that DS still calls VS parents house every night asking to speak to his children. (not sure of the location of the children at this time, but hope they stay in hiding until something breaks - like him being arrested!) JMO

That's just plain creepy. He sure has a lot of nerve! No telling what he'll do to those kids if he gets hold of them! If I were the parents, I'd be terrified!

Here in MI we've had LOTS of rain. Yesterday it rained alot, and they are calling for heavy rain and downpours, damaging winds, and hail tonight/tomorrow. Forecast: STORMY!

If there is any evidence outdoors - it may very well be damaged or washed away. :(

Two delivery driver jobs available in Michigan right now, with US Food Service. Which one do you think Doug's gonna apply for? Hmmmm.

deliv.jpg

Reports say that DS is believed to be staying at his parents house, but when news reporters went to that house, the woman that answered the door said that 'They just want to be left alone!'

...and as already reported, YES, they are asking for many volunteers to help in the search now. They want people to wear shoes and clothing suitable for mud, and thick underbrush.

Thanks! I think the Douglas E. Stewart's wife isn't Doug Harrie Stewart's mother. I think his mother and father divorced sometime back and DES remarried.

This is what I think he's going to do:

1) Stay at Dad's (thanks for that info!)
2) Get that delivery driver job in Kalamazoo (really close to Colon, isn't it?)
3) Have the achingly huge cajones to actually go to court to ascertain the location of the girls and petition for custody of the girls.

If he does 1 and 2, that may not spur LE to act... but when he tries to do 3, I hope to god that LE will see that as a potentially dangerous to the children and will arrest him. I REALLY hope that a guardian ad litem has already been brought into the children's custody case and that that GAL sees that the children's best place is with the grandparents for now (and later, forever).

Venus has an older brother who is probably helping with the children--I believe he's also married and has children--so I hope that, in the long run, he and his wife get custody of the girls.

Guess this means there won't be much on NG tonight about the search for Venus, or the case against DS------

Nancy Grace Just Released – nearly 50 pages of graphic text messages prosecutors say were exchanged between accused murder-for-hire bride Dalia Dippolito & her alleged lover! Watch tonight!

Venus' brother Dustin is an ace deer hunter.........as are MANY men here in MI. ;)

You guys remember the rumors about Doug having a girlfriend by the initials LD?

That's his sister. LESD.

More on LD. She just got a divorce from her husband in January because he held her and her daughter at shotgunpoint, just because her daughter wanted to go to a Christmas party. It was huge in the media where they live.

I think domestic violence runs deep in Doug's family, sadly.

ETA: LD herself has had some domestic violence type charges against her, too.

This is what I think he's going to do:

1) Stay at Dad's (thanks for that info!)
2) Get that delivery driver job in Kalamazoo (really close to Colon, isn't it?)

3) Have the achingly huge cajones to actually go to court to ascertain the location of the girls and petition for custody of the girls.

If he does 1 and 2, that may not spur LE to act... but when he tries to do 3, I hope to god that LE will see that as a potentially dangerous to the children and will arrest him. I REALLY hope that a guardian ad litem has already been brought into the children's custody case and that that GAL sees that the children's best place is with the grandparents for now (and later, forever).

Venus has an older brother who is probably helping with the children--I believe he's also married and has children--so I hope that, in the long run, he and his wife get custody of the girls.

BBM

How terrible - Doug moves back to Michigan, lives with his parents, gets a driving job in Kalamazoo - just think of what that does to the spirit of the searchers?

I remember joining the search for Stacy Peterson and was convinced Drew was scoping out our license plates for retribution someday. I ended up borrowing a neighbors car for the searches.

Evening, eyes!

I really really hope that Mr. Stewart is doing the perp walk sometime tonight. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500