Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else could be framing him. It doesn't have to be anyone we've even heard of. There IS someone else involved. Solid alibi means DS was accounted for. Who is the other person?

I was absolutely terrified of my ex. What I don't understand is that if I was walking down to the mailbox and saw my ex-husbands vehicle or him I would have been screaming bloody murder and running back towards the house. This was broad daylight its not like at night and he could conceal himself. No one heard anything? That is what bothers me about this. If she had seen her ex she would have been screaming, yelling, and running if she was as terrified as her parents state. She would have been hyper alert for him. Thats what makes think he didn't abduct her. Whoever did pulled up in front of the mailbox and she walked over to talk them or give them directions and that is when they got her. I don't think the husband was there. It might have been his accomplice or someone he paid but him pulling up would sent her off. JMHO.

I was absolutely terrified of my ex. What I don't understand is that if I was walking down to the mailbox and saw my ex-husbands vehicle or him I would have been screaming bloody murder and running back towards the house. This was broad daylight its not like at night and he could conceal himself. No one heard anything? That is what bothers me about this. If she had seen her ex she would have been screaming, yelling, and running if she was as terrified as her parents state. She would have been hyper alert for him. Thats what makes think he didn't abduct her. Whoever did pulled up in front of the mailbox and she walked over to talk them or give them directions and that is when they got her. I don't think the husband was there. It might have been his accomplice or someone he paid but him pulling up would sent her off. JMHO.

There are signs of a scuffle in the driveway and her slipper footprint on the propane tank. She had also received a phone call the night before from her ex so that he could talk to the children. Venus probably thought he was in Virginia, so wasn't as cautious. Her father has speculated the ex hid behind the wood pile.

The fact that nobody heard a commotion is strange. However, if the abductor was very strong and able to cover her mouth fast enough to muffle her screams, that could explain it.

There is the chance that two men were involved, the one who grabbed her and an accomplice driving the truck.

The abductor could have had a gun or knife and ordered her not to make a sound or he'd kill her.

Is the husband's alibi really air tight?

On their property there are several places that he could easily conceal himself. If he hid by the shed, she would not have seen him until he jumped her, and that would explain the scuffle marks right by the propane tank.

She wasn't abducted at the mailbox. She was abducted in the yard by the propane tank.

Attachments

• driftwooddriveplat.jpg
    driftwooddriveplat.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 17
Please remove the posts in which you quoted my post about Venus's father. I don't want to cause her father any problems. I have removed my original post and hope you will remove the posts which quoted mine. I made a big mistake and thought it was the father when it was someone else another poster was referring to.

Thank you!

The problem with the theory that Venus is framing Doug is that, at some time in the future, she'd have to reappear. Her children are in the custody of her parents for now. They may be "in hiding," but I guarantee you that the police and the courts know where the children are. So, say Venus frames Doug, and Doug goes to prison for abducting/murdering Venus. When does Venus reappear? When does she reclaim her children? How does she go about doing this and not blowing the whole "framing" plan?

For a theory to work, it has to be PLAUSIBLE, and I don't find the theory that Venus framed Doug to be plausible at all.

Venus just won custody of the children one week prior to being abducted (and I say "abducted" because that's what LE says happened). Who's the person that had the most to lose here?

In most cases, the theory that makes the most sense and doesn't rely on outlandish speculation is the theory that's ultimately proved to be true by the facts. I think we'll see that in this case, too.

They should have the video by now. And I don't think that someone who'd majored in biology with a chemistry minor and was a decorated marine could be that stupid.

I am way behind ...I'm not sure how to put this, but some of the smartest people I know have absolutley no common sense, did that make sense ...lol

I do not think Doug pulled up in his truck. The neighbor saw a man crouching behind a truck just kitty corner fron their home. IMO he was hiding and waiting for her in the bushes where he could see the home, he got lucky when she walked out of the house. I think he waited until she was walking back to the home and grabbed her from behind , prob. got her in a chokehold and covered her mouth with his hand. If he had her in a good enough chokehold she would have passed out, I mean he could have broke her neck as it only takes a second if you know what you are doing and he has been in the military. I believe she was carried to the truck that was stashed on the vacant lot where he was seen crouched down this is moo of course....

If she would have seen him I believe she would have been screaming and running...today while I was at work the thought dawned on me that maybe his brother helped ? Does he live in MI and wasn't he the one who held his wife at gunpoint ?

I do not think Doug pulled up in his truck. The neighbor saw a man crouching behind a truck just kitty corner fron their home. IMO he was hiding and waiting for her in the bushes where he could see the home, he got lucky when she walked out of the house. I think he waited until she was walking back to the home and grabbed her from behind , prob. got her in a chokehold and covered her mouth with his hand. If he had her in a good enough chokehold she would have passed out, I mean he could have broke her neck as it only takes a second if you know what you are doing and he has been in the military. I believe she was carried to the truck that was stashed on the vacant lot where he was seen crouched down this is moo of course....

If she would have seen him I believe she would have been screaming and running...today while I was at work the thought dawned on me that maybe his brother helped ? Does he live in MI and wasn't he the one who held his wife at gunpoint ?

bbm

IIRC I think it was his brother-in-law that held his sister at gunpoint.

Someone else could be framing him. It doesn't have to be anyone we've even heard of. There IS someone else involved. Solid alibi means DS was accounted for. Who is the other person?

LE isn't so sure that his alibi is "solid," and there was never a direct quote from a LE officer that his alibi was "solid."

All we've heard is that it "checks out so far," but the most recent reference to the alibi by LE is that they are rechecking his alibi and "leaving no stone unturned."

Mike Risko has said several times that MSP's priority is finding Venus and that they're not really concerned with Doug right now. I think that that has changed. I think that they are scouring his alibi right now, and it's not going to be as solid as some of the reporters have claimed.

I agree 100% with this post. He may not have broken her neck then, but I do think that you're spot on.

He was a former "decorated Marine." He had the training to do exactly what was done to her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Martial_Arts_Program

One thing I've wondered...

I live in a rural area, and if I saw someone crouching beside a truck that shouldn't be in the neighborhood, I'd call the SO immediately. Makes you wonder why the neighbor didn't call the SO. Not blaming her, and I'm sure that in hindsight she feels awful that she didn't call. Just can't see how someone could disregard something so suspicious, even if she had no knowledge of the rancor between Doug and Venus.

If you are stuck in the back of the head or ambushed from behind in a choke-hold- she wouldn't be able to scream only kick.
It's frightening how easy a person taken off-guard can be subdued by a larger man trained in military combat. Marines are tough as nails. If in fact he abducted her.

The fact that nobody heard a commotion is strange. However, if the abductor was very strong and able to cover her mouth fast enough to muffle her screams, that could explain it.

There is the chance that two men were involved, the one who grabbed her and an accomplice driving the truck.

The abductor could have had a gun or knife and ordered her not to make a sound or he'd kill her.

Is the husband's alibi really air tight?

A choke-hold would prevent the victim from uttering a word or broke her neck immediately. Sorry to be blunt and morbid, but he was trained in combat in the Marines.

Please remove the posts in which you quoted my post about Venus's father. I don't want to cause her father any problems. I have removed my original post and hope you will remove the posts which quoted mine. I made a big mistake and thought it was the father when it was someone else another poster was referring to.

Thank you!

Just spent 20min looking for my post that quoted yours - must have been removed by someone else, or earlier when I tried and thought the delete button didn't work, maybe it did. Sorry that it took so long. moo If you find it, please tell me the post #. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500