Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, okay, thanks! Wonder why they took them then. I should probably go back and read. :blushing:

Spam:
I was thinking the same thing about the tickets. I thought, well, most passes now have bar codes on them and LE would be able to track that.
But, Calliope pointed out to me the park was closed that day. I think it opens on weekdays after Memorial Day.

As far as the going back to read...I know how that is. If you miss a few hours on a case that is moving fast, you miss a lot. Hard to go back and read everything. I hope you don't think I was being snarky about the link being up thread...I was just too lazy to go find it so I pointed out it was here somewhere. Didn't mean to imply you should have read before commenting.
I follow a lot of cases and miss a ton of info. Impossible to read everything.
I get it. :crazy: lol

But it was open on April 25th. The day the items were purchased in Ohio.

Yeah, I get that. But as far as him being able to use the tickets as an alibi for that Monday, that's out. KWIM

Yeah, I get that. But as far as him being able to use the tickets as an alibi for that Monday, that's out. KWIM

Yes, I wouldn't think he would be able to buy tickets for a day that the park is not open, and if he's using them as an alibi, they would have been purchased and dated I'd assume at the park at a certain time instead of some generic tickets that are good anytime...

Spam:
I was thinking the same thing about the tickets. I thought, well, most passes now have bar codes on them and LE would be able to track that.
But, Calliope pointed out to me the park was closed that day. I think it opens on weekdays after Memorial Day.

As far as the going back to read...I know how that is. If you miss a few hours on a case that is moving fast, you miss a lot. Hard to go back and read everything. I hope you don't think I was being snarky about the link being up thread...I was just too lazy to go find it so I pointed out it was here somewhere. Didn't mean to imply you should have read before commenting.
I follow a lot of cases and miss a ton of info. Impossible to read everything.
I get it. :crazy: lol

I think "think" nailed it-I bet the tickets were used on Sunday, when the items were bought in Ohio. I can't see why else they would have any evidentiary value if the park was closed on Mon.
Kim, No worries- I didn't think you were being snarky. It's not on you to have to link me if I'm not doing my homework lol. I probably read it before anyway-I have a healthy case of CRS.

The search warrant decribed them as a "2-year, 2 park" pass. Some sort of season pass?

2-Park, Two Year Pass – Busch Gardens & Water Country USA

If your family is looking for amazing rides and attractions and loves the water and fun in the sun, double your excitement this year with our two park pass and get unlimited admission to BOTH Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA.

Valid two years from date of purchase on regular operating days.

Members also receive 50 percent off the regular admission price to Christmas Town in 2010.

Regular (ages 3 & up) $219.95 Qty
24 EZ Payments of $9.16 Qty

To insert an image into a Websleuths post:

1. Right click on the image
2. Select "Copy image url"
3. Click on the "Insert Image" icon located below the left arrow on the toolbar
4. Paste in the url

Note: If you want to center the image, click on the center icon prior to inserting the image.

Thank you...I'll try in the morning...

Seems like a strange place to bury a person? So close to the road.

Prayers for the family.

It could be a really really old burial. Possibly preceding the road being built, possibly even as far back as early French period American Indian. Don't know how acidic the soil is there, though.

2-Park, Two Year Pass – Busch Gardens & Water Country USA

If your family is looking for amazing rides and attractions and loves the water and fun in the sun, double your excitement this year with our two park pass and get unlimited admission to BOTH Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA.

Valid two years from date of purchase on regular operating days.

Members also receive 50 percent off the regular admission price to Christmas Town in 2010.

Regular (ages 3 & up) $219.95 Qty
24 EZ Payments of $9.16 Qty

As of at least a few years ago (last time I bought passes), companies here in VA offered pretty good discounts on tickets and season passes for BG. You could buy them anytime, ours could be purchased from either the hospital credit union or through HR. I know they're still offered, I haven't looked into the pricing for a few years though. My daughter has the same benefit through her employer. I can't recall the price, but it was a substantial discount over tickets bought at the gate.

I have a feeling it is too. I hope the husband was stupid enough to leave good evidence behind! The only thing that puzzles me is that he bought a shovel so one would think he dug a deep grave. I'm wondering if they found the body through conducting a search or if someone just stumbled across it. I wouldn't think the husband would just leave her body laying in the bushes somewhere!

To me it seems that he would get to Venus, grab her quick, either hit her in the head w/ the shovel and those are his marks in the stones, trying to get ahold of her body and heft her over his shoulder to the truck. Then I can see him either making her beg for her life just to tourture her or just flat out hitting her and instantly killing her then throwing her body out some where like trash. Cause 'getting rid" of her was the mission. He did'nt give a c-rap about her and he had to get on w/ the alibi, so I can totally see him just dumping her. I'd think he might've tried to cover her a little but in the end it would take way to much time to dig a grave. Unless of course he took her body to VA and then she could be anywhere, he gave himself a little time by playing car tag.iykwim? JMO

It irk's me to no end that he just decides to up and come back to MI under the guise of re locating for work and family. BS! And now that I know his lawyer is closer to my side of the state, I can't stop looking for him.. Silly I know, but I cannot stand that snug look on him.. urggg

Praying Venus is found today so that her children and parents can relax knowing he"ll be in jail forever. hopefully. And please let her family be out of state. Far away so that they can watch this from afar.

DS is either the dumbest murderer to walk the face of the planet, or he is being framed. This evidence is TOO perfect in pointing to him. I expect if they do find her body, (and I've seen nothing to indicate she was even injured) they will find his driver's license or something on the scene. I think since they seized his tickets to Busch Gardens, that was his alibi. They have said his alibi is solid, so he did not do this. So lets say he lent a hired hand his truck to do this deed-wouldn't he have looked it over and said, "I need to get rid of this horribly incriminating receipt and wipe off this blood"? The blood in both vehicles IMO is overkill. This has left a funny taste in my mouth since day 1.

A few things that have me thinking along the same lines:

IF a person was to take VS (or even had hid on the property waiting for VS) where are their footprints?

We know that the road has dirt by being told they found prints of a tire tracks.

Why is there only ONE footprint that we see on the news? Is this print close the edge of the driveway? As if she could have slipped getting into the passenger seat of that truck?

I understand her parents are hurting inside. Yet, my mind is telling me there is something missing from this puzzle. Could VS have just walked away without telling her parents of the plan? She seemed to be getting some ducks in a row. As LM told NG "...she had just won temporary custody a week ago and took out a Will 3 weeks ago." And yes, I also wonder if there was a life insurance policy taken out around time of the Will.

They tell us that she was struggling...my mind wonders why there isn't another set of footprints. Perhaps this is why the conflicting reports on VS leaving her children.

If DS really has "transferred" with US Food Service as is being reported, it would seem that his company is going out of it's way to accomodate him, I would think he if had any issues with his employer or if they thought he laid out of work on that Monday to abduct his wife, this would have been an opportune time for them to cut ties with him.

If DS really has "transferred" with US Food Service as is being reported, it would seem that his company is going out of it's way to accomodate him, I would think he if had any issues with his employer or if they thought he laid out of work on that Monday to abduct his wife, this would have been an opportune time for them to cut ties with him.

I would'nt consider it going out of their way as much a following policy and even if he was'nt there monday, some companies might, by policy, write him up but it would'nt be cause for termination. imo

A few things that have me thinking along the same lines:

IF a person was to take VS (or even had hid on the property waiting for VS) where are their footprints?

We know that the road has dirt by being told they found prints of a tire tracks.

Why is there only ONE footprint that we see on the news? Is this print close the edge of the driveway? As if she could have slipped getting into the passenger seat of that truck?

I understand her parents are hurting inside. Yet, my mind is telling me there is something missing from this puzzle. Could VS have just walked away without telling her parents of the plan? She seemed to be getting some ducks in a row. As LM told NG "...she had just won temporary custody a week ago and took out a Will 3 weeks ago." And yes, I also wonder if there was a life insurance policy taken out around time of the Will.

They tell us that she was struggling...my mind wonders why there isn't another set of footprints. Perhaps this is why the conflicting reports on VS leaving her children.

IIRC early on they said DS had both vehicles in VA to begin with, before this happened.
Even if VS had a set of keys to the truck, how would she have gotten to VA to take it if she had coffee with her mother early Monday morning.

Also, you have a neighbor that said she saw a man bent down behind a truck that looked like DS's truck that morning and tire tracks that are similar.

IMO the getting the custody, writing a will, and taking out a policy (if she did) shows a woman who was scared to death of her estranged husband. She wanted to get the kids away from him, and she did. If she thought he would try to kill her, she would want a will and insurance for her girls' benefit.

Wasn't the one footprint on the tank? The driveway is gravel and they said it was disturbed like a struggle may have taken place, but there would be no footprints in gravel.

I just don't think VS did this to herself. I think she is deceased and DS did it or hired someone to do it. I think he thought an alibi would stop all speculation of him and it would be over.

Maybe he did hire someone to do it, and he let the guy use his truck and the guy just didn't care enough to get rid of everything like he should have. By the time the truck made it back, it was too late to clean it out because DS was being investigated.

There is a reason he has not been cleared, even with his "alibi". And as we all know, alibies fall apart.

Organizer of search Friday for Venus Stewart seeks volunteers
May 13, 2010, 12:04AM

A Vicksburg man is organizing volunteers to search Friday for Venus Rose Stewart, the 32-year-old Colon Township woman who has been missing for more than two weeks.

Denny Olson, a former leader in Michigan for the citizen-safety organization Guardian Angels, said the search will begin at 9 a.m. at a park on West Colon Road near Sturgeon Lake.

Volunteers will search from Colon north to Leonidas and Fulton and as far east as Interstate 69, he said.

“Anyone’s invited to take part,” Olson said. “You’ve got to dress accordingly.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/organizer_of_search_friday_for.html

Organizer of search Friday for Venus Stewart seeks volunteers
May 13, 2010, 12:04AM

A Vicksburg man is organizing volunteers to search Friday for Venus Rose Stewart, the 32-year-old Colon Township woman who has been missing for more than two weeks.

Denny Olson, a former leader in Michigan for the citizen-safety organization Guardian Angels, said the search will begin at 9 a.m. at a park on West Colon Road near Sturgeon Lake.

Volunteers will search from Colon north to Leonidas and Fulton and as far east as Interstate 69, he said.

“Anyone’s invited to take part,” Olson said. “You’ve got to dress accordingly.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/organizer_of_search_friday_for.html

As always, I'll be saying a prayer for the searchers to be guided. Also, for their safety. Thank God there are people in this world that sacrifice their time and energy for the sake of others.

Venus needs to be found.

SBM
Maybe he did hire someone to do it, and he let the guy use his truck and the guy just didn't care enough to get rid of everything like he should have. By the time the truck made it back, it was too late to clean it out because DS was being investigated.

I would so get my money back from such an incompetent hit man. I would give him a bad reference to boot. I'd be really steamed knowing he contaminated both vehicles, too. It's so hard to find good hired help these days.

SBM

I would so get my money back from such an incompetent hit man. I would give him a bad reference to boot. I'd be really steamed knowing he contaminated both vehicles, too. It's so hard to find good hired help these days.

LOL.......I would get my money back to.....

SBM

There are only a few possibities here. Either DS did it himself and was a complete idiot (in which case I'd think he would have been arrested by now), or...DS was in VA and had someone else do it for him, or much less likely, but no less crazy to consider, is that DS is being framed big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500