Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 5 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they believe the blood in his vehicle(s) is from her then that's very strong evidence she is not still with us.
Hi Chili!
According to VS's mom, the blood in the truck is Doug's. There would have to be an awful lot of NEW blood in the Mercury for them to think she's deceased. If there is VS blood in there, it could be from a long time ago. I don't know how the Mercury fits in yet, except that there's blood in it and it was seen in their old neighborhood. I still can't wrap my brain around someone being so stupid to use and contaminate two vehicles for this when one would have sufficed.

Oh! And BTW, PickieChickie... GOOD JOB on the email!

Not easy to carry around 150 lbs of dead anything. Roll up three 50 lb bags of potatoes in a tarp and see how far you can go. If someone buried her, I bet it's within fifteen yards of a car access.

Great deconstruction, puf. I think that sums it up nicely.

During this investigation we felt it would not benefit the investigation to post Venus on the Missing Person page, due to the amount of information investigators already have regarding the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

The only logical conclusion I can draw for this explanation is that law enforcement has enough evidence to determine Venus is dead!

I'm afraid you're right, Pickie. :(

Thank you for taking the time to get this info, and for sharing it with us.

Personally, I would keep her picture out there in as many formats as possible

I agree, spam. Unless and until LE tells us officially there is no longer reason to believe a missing person is deceased, we should not turn our backs on them, but keep looking, keep trying to figure out what happened, keep sending in those tips and leads, and keep posting and giving out their picture.

Something else I've been wanting to mention. Doug has access to a front end loader on his father's tractor.

So, just thinking out loud...

Tarp bed of truck to contain bodily fluids, fibers, etc.
Grab Venus.
Subdue and kill Venus (bag over head, suffocation, break hyoid).
Throw her in the bed of the truck.
Haul *advertiser censored* to dad's house (four or five minute drive with no traffic)
Take Venus out of truck bed. Secure her in the tarp.
Throw her in the front-end loader of dad's trusty J. Deere.
Go to burial site, dump Venus, dig grave with front end loader (can be done quickly--ten minutes tops).
Push Venus into the grave with the front end loader, then cover her up. Whole burial takes 20 minutes at the longest.

Maybe Doug had an accomplice--one who lives straight up Fulton Road from the McCombs' house. Maybe his accomplice was the person who was seen squatting by the truck as Doug was behind the shed, hiding, and then abducting Venus. Accomplice drives the truck; Doug in bed of truck with Venus--doing the dirty work.

Anyways... I'm just throwing it out there.

From one of Doug's videos:

Attachments

• front end loader DES.JPG
    front end loader DES.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 14
I too have been guilty of suspecting DS in this 'abduction', BUT - what if some of this really is coincidental evidence that we are all reading too much into?

For example:

"What if" VS was outside talking on the phone 'for privacy' and happened to stand next to the gas tank and prop her foot against it at some point previous to the disappearance - like the day or 2 before? Hence - the footprint?

And.....

"What if" the tarp rapper is just that - a tarp wrapper? And it blew into their yard overnight from another neighbor or like someone else mentioned - a garbage truck? I know her dad said it wasn't his and there was 'no wind' that morning, but what about the night before? It was, after all early morning that someone discovered it? I have seen HUNDREDS of places that have tarps on sale right now, they are quite common.

And.....

The scuffle in the gravel? That could be where one of the girls just ran thru the day before, or maybe rode a bike thru and skidded. That was not a HUGE scuffle mark in the gravel like a big struggle took place - so it really could mean nothing.

I wish they'd find VS as much as anyone, but do you think that 'possibly' we read too much into minuscule pieces of 'possible' evidence?

I agree that the Wal-Mart receipt makes me VERY VERY curious as to his involvement, but so far it is quite strange to me that LE hasn't 'pressed the issue' too much with DS as of now. I'm sure they are watching his every move, but maybe they are just waiting on more conclusive evidence to come back. This seemed to be a cut and dried case at first - but the more it goes on, the more it becomes complicated. JMO of course....:blushing:

There are lots of things that are possible. What we need to do in these cases is to pay attention to what LE is telling us, because they have far more information than we do. Then we need to collect and study the known facts of the case, and study them using logic and reason, to determine what is probable.

It is possible that missing persons have been sucked up into UFOs by extra-terrestrials, but it is not probable, and not helpful to the victim. While time is wasted on theories based on fantasy, fabrication, and political agendas, a victim awaits rescue and/or justice.

I'm a fact-and-probability-luvin' kinda gal, whose #1 goal is always to find out what happened to a victim, and try to tell their story.

Do the police want any help looking for Venus. I'm ready to help.

Hi blackdog. Welcome to Websleuths! Great to have you here.

How very kind of you to want to search for Venus. You can call MSP White Pigeon Post at 269-483-7611 or the State Police Regional Dispatch Center in Rockford at 616-866-6666 and ask if they need any volunteers.

There's also a gentleman who's been conducting searches. His name is escaping me at the moment (I have crap short term memory). I think it may be Dennis Olsen(?) I'll look it up for you and his contact info in just a moment.

Please let me know if there's anything I can assist you with.

Thanks -
BeanE

ETA: It's Denny Olsen, and you can contact him at his email, which is at the end of this article:
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/organizer_of_search_friday_for.html

I wrote a similar post last night. The receipt in the truck just seemed so obvious. " I did it come and get me". Up until that finding I was sure he did it, or hired someone. Now I am sitting on the fence, not sure which way to go.

Do you think the state police and other agencies working on this case are incompetent?

No, apparently they don't. But that's nice of you to want to help.

SBM
"The State Police don’t want us out here, but they need us out here,” Olson told the crowd of searchers who had gathered at Colon Community Park to get instructions for the sweep. The event was unofficial, since no law enforcement agency had sanctioned a search.
http://www.threeriversnews.com/articles/2010/05/15/news/local_news/doc4bedd193db528663825450.txt

But don't you think that that is because people are quite clumsy, and could disturb evidence or make it unusable if they do something wrong and touch it or move it or whatever? I think the police would prefer to keep people away for the sake of the investigation...but in reality they don't have the manpower to do ALL the searching in ALL the areas that need checked out.

It's kinda like............"we don't want you messing things up - BUT thank you if you find Venus or any strong evidence!"

Something else I've been wanting to mention. Doug has access to a front end loader on his father's tractor.

So, just thinking out loud...

Tarp bed of truck to contain bodily fluids, fibers, etc.
Grab Venus.
Subdue and kill Venus (bag over head, suffocation, break hyoid).
Throw her in the bed of the truck.
Haul *advertiser censored* to dad's house (four or five minute drive with no traffic)
Take Venus out of truck bed. Secure her in the tarp.
Throw her in the front-end loader of dad's trusty J. Deere.
Go to burial site, dump Venus, dig grave with front end loader (can be done quickly--ten minutes tops).
Push Venus into the grave with the front end loader, then cover her up. Whole burial takes 20 minutes at the longest.

Maybe Doug had an accomplice--one who lives straight up Fulton Road from the McCombs' house. Maybe his accomplice was the person who was seen squatting by the truck as Doug was behind the shed, hiding, and then abducting Venus. Accomplice drives the truck; Doug in bed of truck with Venus--doing the dirty work.

Anyways... I'm just throwing it out there.

From one of Doug's videos:

Maybe they need to search his Dad's farm?

Maybe they need to search his Dad's farm?

Remember last week, they searched a location that they would not divulge to the media.

I wonder....

But don't you think that that is because people are quite clumsy, and could disturb evidence or make it unusable if they do something wrong and touch it or move it or whatever? I think the police would prefer to keep people away for the sake of the investigation...but in reality they don't have the manpower to do ALL the searching in ALL the areas that need checked out.

It's kinda like............"we don't want you messing things up - BUT thank you if you find Venus or any strong evidence!"

I don't know. If LE told me to stay out, I would stay out and not try to second guess their intentions.
A good thing would be to have TES out there, then that wouldn't be a problem. What I saw wasn't like the grid searches I've seen in other cases, so I think the area would have to be searched again to be cleared by LE. It's a nice gesture though, don't get me wrong. I am grateful for all those people out there taking the time to try and get the family closure.

You hunters are an untapped resource, in my opinion. I totally agree with you that hunters know the land better than anyone, and they also would be able to think of good places to conceal a body. All Michigan would have to do is open deer season for a special five days, and a hunter would find the grave, if she's buried in MI.[/QUOTE)]

NOT FUNNY....BUT probably very true! ;)

(And I know you were not making a joke, I was just meaning that if they did that, you're right - they'd probably come across the body IF she is buried here in MI.

I don't know. If LE told me to stay out, I would stay out and not try to second guess their intentions.
A good thing would be to have TES out there, then that wouldn't be a problem. What I saw wasn't like the grid searches I've seen in other cases, so I think the area would have to be searched again to be cleared by LE. It's a nice gesture though, don't get me wrong. I am grateful for all those people out there taking the time to try and get the family closure.

THIS!

Like.

I would like to see Denny and Tim get together and work it out. Bet they could find her.

pufnstuf said:
You hunters are an untapped resource, in my opinion. I totally agree with you that hunters know the land better than anyone, and they also would be able to think of good places to conceal a body. All Michigan would have to do is open deer season for a special five days, and a hunter would find the grave, if she's buried in MI.

NOT FUNNY....BUT probably very true! ;)

(And I know you were not making a joke, I was just meaning that if they did that, you're right - they'd probably come across the body IF she is buried here in MI.

I was kinda making a joke--about the five-day deer season. I know deer hunters around my area. They'll chase a white tail through brush, bramble, up a 90 degree angle cliff, through a creek in the middle of winter. They know the layout of the land. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea