Michael Douglas Hopes To Beat Cancer

According to People, the duo haven't been photographed together since April 22 and decided to take time away from one other after Michael returned from the Cannes Film Festival in May where he screened Behind the Candelabra.

http://www.eonline.com/news/453135/michael-douglas-and-catherine-zeta-jones-split-report

It's my opinion that he said what he said to hurt her. I hope she stays away from him. And I hope she gets the help she needs.

How utterly vulgar of this man to draw a connection between his disease and the mother of his children. They've been married for more than a decade, so if he got it that way, he got it from her. Ugh.

Yeah but he could have given it to her to begin with and then orally reinfected himself!

The papiloma virus is extremely common. How in the heck does he know he got it from her? He could have gotten it before they met and lord only knows how long it takes to mutate cells into cancer! Unless he had the dna sequence of the virus analyzed and can PROVE the strain that caused his cancer absolutely matches the strain she was infected with I call B-S on the whole thing.

Regardless after this little "disclosure" I have to assume he has no sex drive and is now impotent as his story is the biggest turn off EVER!

I recall that, back in the '60s, there used to be a lot of talk about the connection between STDs and mental illness. Never knew whether or not there was any truth to the notion, but I did chuckle when I read your post. ;)

There is truth to it. Tertiary (late) stage syphilis victims have a variety of problems including blindness and mental disorders. Having said that I don't think there is any link between the papiloma virus and mental disorders unless folks consider being "friendly" a sign of a disorder.

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/tc/syphilis-symptoms?page=2

As he never claimed he got HPV specifically from his wife, I am not sure why people assume he was dissing his wife. Unless he hasn't had sex with anyone else prior to meeting his wife. Which obviously is not the case.
Maybe he was making a kind of a public service announcement rather than trying to diss his wife.

I hate liars and the fact that he lied basically for financial reasons makes me dislike him even more. Personally I could care less what kind of cancer he has or how he got it but if he were trying to actually help others instead of protecting his wallet I would be a little more sympathetic. I think it is ironic that he has tongue cancer since in some cultures they punish liars by cutting off their tongue.

OMG! Catherine Zeta Jones is beautiful and multi talented. She deserves way better than this garbage. I've lost a lot of respect for Micheal Douglas.

He never said anything about his wife being the source of his HPV.
So I don't understand why people claim that.

He never said anything about his wife being the source of his HPV.
So I don't understand why people claim that.

Yeah, you're right .. maybe he cheated .. same diff .. What a guy! The fact that he 'took it back' during the time when they were lining up for a divorce is telling, then seconds later they're back together .. logic would suggest CZJ was not too happy with his 'claims' about either her (who he's been with for over 10 years) or 'someone else' .. :banghead:

He could have gotten it way before he ever met her.
Geez.

It just looked badly IMO that they were going to divorce and then he goes uhh this is what happened. It makes her look bad in that way. Plus, hello. He has kids, why even spread that fake garbage? IMO he wanted to hurt her.

You know, thinking about it, it is almost as if he was bragging. Look at me. I had so much oral sex I got cancer. I am not young and I have never heard anyone, celebrity or not, say they got cancer from oral sex. Not saying it doesn't happen but there is no way I believe he went public with it as a public service. I did get the impression he was talking about his younger, wilder and pre married days. Who knows? Isn't the guy in his 70's? Maybe since he's single now he is advertising his skills in search of more conquests.

They might not say it, but it's true. Cancer could be a consequence of oral sex.

"A 2011 study found that the proportion of oropharyngeal cancers related to HPV increased from 16.3% to 71.7% between 1984 and 2004. Data presented that same year at the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual meeting suggested HPV was overtaking tobacco as the leading cause of oral cancers in Americans under the age of 50."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/03/health/hpv-oral-cancer-explainer/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back