Michelle Young. Murdered Pregnant Mom, NC Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
talked to my oldest son earlier.....(he thinks i'm crazy)... when i mentioned that "i'm on the internet looking at the AR of Michelle Young, the pregnant girl that was beaten to death in NC" he's like :waitasec:
but he 'gets into it' when we talk about it.....we discussed the lacerations on the back of MY's head...he said the murder weapon could have been anything, but flashlight was the first 'weapon' he mentioned.....

close_enough said:
talked to my oldest son earlier.....(he thinks i'm crazy)... when i mentioned that "i'm on the internet looking at the AR of Michelle Young, the pregnant girl that was beaten to death in NC" he's like :waitasec:
but he 'gets into it' when we talk about it.....we discussed the lacerations on the back of MY's head...he said the murder weapon could have been anything, but flashlight was the first 'weapon' he mentioned.....
My whole family thinks I am crazy, too. My son aggravated me to death all day yesterday wanting me to find a cabin in western NC for him and his girlfriend to go for a weekend. He kept saying "what else do you have to do that you can't do it?" I finally told him I was studying a 13 page autopsy report and just didn't have time to surf for his cabin. I don't guess he has gotten over the fact that I was late picking him up at the airport because they were announcing the verdict in SP's trial at the exact same time I had to be there. I didn't know they had it on in the lounge at the airport or I would have made it on time. I think I embarass them being so obsessed with this stuff. And maybe I DO have too much time on my hands...?

eta...I just thought of something - he is wanting to go over there where all the outfitters are, very close to Brevard...how could I use this to my advantage??? There's gotta be something he could do for me!

scandi said:
It did Close. I read yesterday at CTV that the 2005 date was an error and the accident was in May of 2006. She got pregnant in June with her second baby boy who was about 4 mos along when she was murdered.
That's what I thought we heard back in the beginning that the accident was just before she became pregnant again. Maybe the confusion started with the change from 2006 to 2007 and now it is 'last year'. ;)

happy2bn10ec said:
My whole family thinks I am crazy, too. My son aggravated me to death all day yesterday wanting me to find a cabin in western NC for him and his girlfriend to go for a weekend. He kept saying "what else do you have to do that you can't do it?" I finally told him I was studying a 13 page autopsy report and just didn't have time to surf for his cabin. I don't guess he has gotten over the fact that I was late picking him up at the airport because they were announcing the verdict in SP's trial at the exact same time I had to be there. I didn't know they had it on in the lounge at the airport or I would have made it on time. I think I embarass them being so obsessed with this stuff. And maybe I DO have too much time on my hands...?

eta...I just thought of something - he is wanting to go over there where all the outfitters are, very close to Brevard...how could I use this to my advantage??? There's gotta be something he could do for me!

lol..Sam asked..."is this all you do?".... :eek:

happy2bn10ec said:

That is hilarious Happy about being late for the airport. I think everyone here would have done what you did!! It reminds me when the OJ verdict came down, I was in an OR waiting for eye surgery. I was waiting and waiting and all of a sudden I heard these groans & moans. Yes - the entire staff was huddled around a TV in an adjoining room watching the verdict! I think the whole world stopped on that day! hehe.

ETA PS. I printed out the AR & have it hidden under a pile of papers on my desk so that no one in my family sees! :dance:

happy2bn10ec said:

My dear, you need to get the 'sleuth of the year' award for this post! I don't think it's cause we have too much time on our hands but that we care for justice for these poor victims.

jilly said:
That is hilarious Happy about being late for the airport. I think everyone here would have done what you did!! It reminds me when the OJ verdict came down, I was in an OR waiting for eye surgery. I was waiting and waiting and all of a sudden I heard these groans & moans. Yes - the entire staff was huddled around a TV in an adjoining room watching the verdict! I think the whole world stopped on that day! hehe.

ETA PS. I printed out the AR & have it hidden under a pile of papers on my desk so that no one in my family sees! :dance:
It's just that we had waited for months and months and more months and I had LIVED that case from the first day she disappeared. I just COULDN'T stand not to be there to see it! And I was counting on the fact that most flights are usually late...only they weren't that day. Oh well, it's not like I've never waited on HIM!

panthera said:
My dear, you need to get the 'sleuth of the year' award for this post! I don't think it's cause we have too much time on our hands but that we care for justice for these poor victims.
And the ones that get to me so bad are these pregnant women cases or anything about a little kid. I just can't get them off my mind.

jilly said:
What did you say? :D
When mine asks me "Is that all you do?" I just said "Yep."

Like - what about it? I have raised my kids (except for one still home) and I baby-sit my grandkids on a regular basis. I think I can do about anything I want to with my free time and it's really none of their business.

jilly said:

When I saw on the news that the two Missouri boys had been discovered I gave the family dinner and said I'd eat later, and left them all together! lol I imagine they had quite a conversation about me that evening.

Yesterday I saw the article about the autopsy for MY and heard it was going to be posted, but had to do family stuff the rest of the day. Most of the time I spent wondering about that darn autopsy report and its findings. When I heard Baden talk about it I got excited about the "clump of hair". By the time I got back to WS last night you had already had 5 pages of comments about the autopsy! (and no clump of hair, rats)

I can't explain to my family why certain cases interest me. :shrugs: They have their interests and I have mine. :p

I have told my oldest daughter that if anyone goes through my pc when I'm dead and gone that they need to disregard most of the bookmarks and google search terms from true-crime related cases.... :D

Oops, I'm off-topic. :truce:

happy2bn10ec said:
And the ones that get to me so bad are these pregnant women cases or anything about a little kid. I just can't get them off my mind.
Any woman assaulted and murdered in her own home is what hits me, and yes especially if they're pregnant and killed by their husband. And of course crimes against children.

happy2bn10ec said:

LMAO!

My son has a cartoon he did about me on his computer.

It is of investigators standing around checking the crime scene in my house and one is standing with the ME. The caption has the ME looking at my office bookshelf and saying.........................

"can't we just use one of those autopsy reports? It'd save me heaps of time"

Sami

close_enough said:
lmao...i said "NOOO!!!...the AR just came in yesterday" :rolleyes:

:eek: :p
I printed the A/R out so I didn't have to hop between open windows here and my DH comes home and wonders what's on the desk ~ even though this isn't something new to him! :D

:laugh:
Taximom said:
When I saw on the news that the two Missouri boys had been discovered I gave the family dinner and said I'd eat later, and left them all together! lol I imagine they had quite a conversation about me that evening.

I'm still laughing!

Yes....it was quite a day yesterday. When I got home from work there were I don't know how many pages here and 50+ at CTV. I almost had a panic attack wondering how I'd ever catch up!lol

panthera said:
Any woman assaulted and murdered in her own home is what hits me, and yes especially if they're pregnant and killed by their husband. And of course crimes against children.

Same here although I didn't really follow the Dyleski case. I really didn't want that kid to be guilty.

jilly said:
:laugh:

I'm still laughing!

Yes....it was quite a day yesterday. When I got home from work there were I don't know how many pages here and 50+ at CTV. I almost had a panic attack wondering how I'd ever catch up!lol
On a day like yesterday with a lot of news I was glad to just have this forum to keep up with ~ don't know how people manage two or more! :cool:

jilly said:
Same here although I didn't really follow the Dyleski case. I really didn't want that kid to be guilty.
I didn't either, but he is. And extremely sad to see two lives wasted. :(

panthera said:
I didn't either, but he is. And extremely sad to see two lives wasted. :(

I agree. By the way, someone at CTV said Fox is advertising that Greta will cover the Young case again tonite in case you hadn't seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member