Michelle Young: Pregnant Mom, NC. part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of good investigative work, I don't think they would make an arrest without every warrant having been returned. It was important enough to ask for the warrant - it must be very basic to the case.

Now what the heck is holding up that SUV warrant? It might have been issued late, say after the 15th of Nov. Do we have a date for it? The warrants were not issued on the same date, but staggered. It bugs me this one is not back. Is there a list of each warrant? There might be warrants we have not been privy to. The investigation of any warrant could involve forensics.

What I'm really thinking is the Sheriff was biding a 2 month period of time for some reason, and I think it was staging to make the Defense sweat a bit. With this law firm it could be like playing a game of chess. The prosecution must be waiting for a move from one of the players who might be getting comfortable with no arrest, or talk of it yet. That is what they want, an upper hand. They know something, and are just waiting for it to pop!

PS: It always happens, that the kiiller gets a false sense of security, goes back to the scene to feel the freedom again that the crime has given him. And going back to the scene is a relative statement. In this case it could be a sudden pressure by the killer on the insurance co, or telling his banker off the cuff that he will have an escrow soon on the house and will pay the differential of interest due in closing - not making a payment now! Something like that.

Trying to think of anything that makes sense knowing who the players are here. And in this case we have 3 things. We have:

a} A sheriff who goes right by the book
b} A prosecutor who will not crack under any pressure when her heart tells her it is worth waiting for and standing up to
c} A defending law firm of distinction, founded by old salts and infused by new blood.

I would take every minute I needed to cover every base beforehand. If every duck is lined up it's as easy as 1 2 3. If one duck decides to go partee and ducks out, hold those horses! You might have that duck for dinner, and duck is just awful, anytime!

Scandi

I don't have the patience for CTV, but I saw that someone mentioned a "ping" occurring when you check your voicemail from your cellphone.

I check my voicemail from a landline most of the time, and I'm sure there's no "ping" generated in that case. We don't know for sure that JY was checking his voicemails from a landline, but it's something to have out there.

This fact alone does not add anything to this case, just thought I'd mention it.

Taximom said:
I don't have the patience for CTV, but I saw that someone mentioned a "ping" occurring when you check your voicemail from your cellphone.

I check my voicemail from a landline most of the time, and I'm sure there's no "ping" generated in that case. We don't know for sure that JY was checking his voicemails from a landline, but it's something to have out there.

This fact alone does not add anything to this case, just thought I'd mention it.
Taximom,

Thank you for this nugget of information. I have to tell you, my mind could definitely take off on this as I have recently spoke with a poster who informed me there is lousy cell coverage in Brevard. If one lives in Brevard proper cell reception is pretty good, anywhere south and it is non existent basically.

So of course my little brain is thinking back on those warrants - especially the ones for the retrieval of voice mail from JYs Cingular and Verizon phones which both were noted as containing a good volume of voicemail. When I combine this with my basic belief there was no business meeting in Virgina (may have been one somewhere else) I just have to ask myself if it was possible that JY was in the Brevard area well before he arrived at his folks. Since the sheriff indicated that he and his family started their return to Raleigh that afternoon - Jy may not have had a chance to actually check that voice mail before the SUV was confiscated, unless he did it from a landline at his parents. Just speculating and opining here....whew...;)

Samiya said:
Okes, I'm known to make changes of subject as no notice, lmao...Voice Mails..

<snip>

IMO> If he was checking his voice messages quite a lot, and one of those messages was left. He would've heard it. And if it were me......I'd be ringing back immediately after hearing it. After all....they may have been trying to contact me in regards to an accident involving my wife and child..

Wouldn't you contact them back straight away?
Sami,

I went back and looked at those warrants very closely and the warrants do not say anything about JY checking his voicemail at all. What they say is:

"Affiant Sternberg obtained and executed a search warrant for the voicemail and other content of this device ( Cingular cell phone) There was a considerable volume of voicemail and electronic material inside this device and attached account. While making additional inventory and analysis of evidence recovered from Jason Lynn Young's SUV, Affiant Sternberg noted an additional cell phone from the vehicle (samsung Verizon)..."

so of course I'm thinking being in the mountainous area of NC - JY wasn't checking his voice mail or answering or calling - it may be tough to track him in this area based on the cell phone. However checking the verizon towers - they also route through US cellular - both of which are strong in that area with county wide coverage (Transylvania) so it is not impossible he cold be tracked...it becomes apparent to me that JY boy didn't check his voicemail or he has the habit of not clearing voicemail. In a black area his only option would be a landline to check this - hmmmmm, he could have done this at folks home but I don't think he had time. Study this one out - see what you conclude.

raisincharlie said:
The English are also this way - the media can report a crime but nothing relating to the details of the crime other than the crime itself (murder etc), nothing on suspects etc unless it is a plea for help. They can report the arrest as well and information from the trial, but that is it. We are a tad spoiled aren't we ? I found an article a while back from WRAL, a woman who was killed in October - her autopsy report was just completed late last week. So if this is average the final AR for this case will most likely not come in until after the New Year.

Perhaps you know this Otto, in reviewing what links we have, the Sheriff has indicated there is a private lab also working on samples. Will the Sheriff be required to wait for results from the State Crime lab even if he has results from the private lab (depending of course on what they are analyzing) ? Any idea ?

I heard on the news today that the British media are recording everything the police are doing in their investigation of the prostitute rapist ... and they want it to stop because they are concerned that it will compromise the investigation. Americans are somewhat spoiled with the easy access to information prior to trial, but also compromised. Look what happened to Scott Peterson. The case may have been a very straight forward, inexpensive murder prosecution without the media, but with the media it has been a million dollar circus that increased the possibility that he would walk. OJ, the first sensational talking head case, walked. The media in the Holloway case may have actually seriously impaired the investigation (we'll never know for sure). Liana White's husband was convicted based on evidence even though he protested his innocence and gave a story to explain all the evidence. That case was not discussed anywhere but in the courtroom and from the day the trial opened, I had no doubt that there would be a conviction. With the media speculations going on for months, people set up camps about what they think is true based on rumour, innuendo and talking heads dissecting every piece of evidence prior to trial. It seems that being spoiled with information comes with a high price tag. Cheers!

I think it's fair to assume that lab results take a lot of time and I don't think a couple of months is that unusual. I'm no expert, but my guess is that if a private lab is licensed to do the work and they come up with the results first, then the results would be enough to proceed. The State Crime lab would only be confirming the results if they came in later.

raisincharlie said:
Sami,

I went back and looked at those warrants very closely and the warrants do not say anything about JY checking his voicemail at all. What they say is:

"Affiant Sternberg obtained and executed a search warrant for the voicemail and other content of this device ( Cingular cell phone) There was a considerable volume of voicemail and electronic material inside this device and attached account. While making additional inventory and analysis of evidence recovered from Jason Lynn Young's SUV, Affiant Sternberg noted an additional cell phone from the vehicle (samsung Verizon)..."

so of course I'm thinking being in the mountainous area of NC - JY wasn't checking his voice mail or answering or calling - it may be tough to track him in this area based on the cell phone. However checking the verizon towers - they also route through US cellular - both of which are strong in that area with county wide coverage (Transylvania) so it is not impossible he cold be tracked...it becomes apparent to me that JY boy didn't check his voicemail or he has the habit of not clearing voicemail. In a black area his only option would be a landline to check this - hmmmmm, he could have done this at folks home but I don't think he had time. Study this one out - see what you conclude.
Thanks hon,

I found where I got confused and have to say.......

:bang: :bang: ~~~~~~>Samiya.

lol

. . . . .but Sami, I think you are almost always right, and so appreciated as you must know by now. YaYa

Christmas isn't even here all the waY yet, but I'm getting excited about the new year. 7 is a powerful number I think, and am looking forward to 2007. Organization plus, which you have already mastered. Sometimes you just have to get down to the basics, like in investigating a case.

xoxoxo Scandi

Can somebody help me out with the phones? I am confused as to what I thought was in the warrants and may have got mixed up with the media reports. Was there 2 phones in the house, one in Michele's purse and the other in the office? Was there two phones taken from the SUV because I thought that was just one?

As an aside I do know that it was reported Meredith or LE called Jason's parents because that was the only number Meredith could find. I would conclude that maybe she had his personal cell number but not his business one and that was found at home. (see above)

strach304 said:
Can somebody help me out with the phones? I am confused as to what I thought was in the warrants and may have got mixed up with the media reports. Was there 2 phones in the house, one in Michele's purse and the other in the office? Was there two phones taken from the SUV because I thought that was just one?

As an aside I do know that it was reported Meredith or LE called Jason's parents because that was the only number Meredith could find. I would conclude that maybe she had his personal cell number but not his business one and that was found at home. (see above)
Strach,

A total of 4 phones were confiscated according to the warrants

MY's cell phone - taken from her purse which was in the kitchen
Home landline - it was noted there were messages on the message machine
Cingular Wireless - JY's taken from the SUV when it was impounded
Samsung - Verizon Wireless - also taken from the SUV not identified as JYs phone however.

I do not recall it being reported that MF contacted JY's parents. I recall the article about the parents making the decision not to call him while he was driving. The odd thing about that - LE has an obligation - requirement to inform next of kin so I am confused as to why the parents told him in the first place unless a Transylvania Co Sheriff was also present - if not this was totally done outside normal police procedure, especially under the circumstances of MY's death.

Sami - going back to the 11/21 warrant which does reference the Cingular - I must correct myself - this warrant does indeed indicate that Investigator McCormack reported making analysis of JY's call activity - he also indicated during that analysis that JY made regular, frequent checks of his voicemail. This warrant is for Cingular to release the audio of those voicemails.

I stand corrected as I only looked at the warrant related to the Samsung. Sorry !

raisincharlie said:
The odd thing about that - LE has an obligation - requirement to inform next of kin so I am confused as to why the parents told him in the first place unless a Transylvania Co Sheriff was also present - if not this was totally done outside normal police procedure, especially under the circumstances of MY's death.

Sami - going back to the 11/21 warrant which does reference the Cingular - I must correct myself - this warrant does indeed indicate that Investigator McCormack reported making analysis of JY's call activity - he also indicated during that analysis that JY made regular, frequent checks of his voicemail. This warrant is for Cingular to release the audio of those voicemails.

I stand corrected as I only looked at the warrant related to the Samsung. Sorry !

That's ok RC. I was still pondering it and for a minute I thought I was believeing something from ctv, lol. Anyway, it was the legal requirement by LE in attempting to contacting Jason first that I was talking about. They would've left a message on his voicemail for him to contact them as soon as he got their message, so if he was checking often and heard it...... why didn't he call them back straight away....

Either he heard the message and thought he'd ring when he got to his folks place (coz LE wouldn't know when he got the message) or he thought his parents wouldn't know anything on his arrival and he could be 'rested and prepared' for the call.

If a message was left for him by LE on the cell phone they'd know by now if he heard it before he got to his parents house because there will be records of times he checked voicemails at the phone co.

I can put back my concrete shoes, lol but can't take back my two bullets...oh well off to plastic surgery for me :eek:

Oh BTW< I updated the link in the Becky Holt thread to the new link.

bear hugs
Sami

Samiya said:
That's ok RC. I was still pondering it and for a minute I thought I was believeing something from ctv, lol. Anyway, it was the legal requirement by LE in attempting to contacting Jason first that I was talking about. They would've left a message on his voicemail for him to contact them as soon as he got their message, so if he was checking often and heard it...... why didn't he call them back straight away....

Either he heard the message and thought he'd ring when he got to his folks place (coz LE wouldn't know when he got the message) or he thought his parents wouldn't know anything on his arrival and he could be 'rested and prepared' for the call.

If a message was left for him by LE on the cell phone they'd know by now if he heard it before he got to his parents house because there will be records of times he checked voicemails at the phone co.

I can put back my concrete shoes, lol but can't take back my two bullets...oh well off to plastic surgery for me :eek:

Oh BTW< I updated the link in the Becky Holt thread to the new link.

bear hugs
Sami
We can take a wild guess as to why he didn't ring back if there was VM from LE, at least I can. Yes it seems by now LE would know exactly what the VMs were and what time each of them was checked. My guess - this frequent checking will rule out any claim of being in dead zones and unreachable - dead zones will also block any ability to check VM. One excuse shot to heck.
That whole series of events relating to how JY was told bugs me - I really want to know if an LE rep was there as would be required for a homicide. Going to be a long wait before I get that answer huh?

Good idea to update that link, I know WRAL has redesigned so all the original links do not work.

raisincharlie said:
We can take a wild guess as to why he didn't ring back if there was VM from LE, at least I can. Yes it seems by now LE would know exactly what the VMs were and what time each of them was checked. My guess - this frequent checking will rule out any claim of being in dead zones and unreachable - dead zones will also block any ability to check VM. One excuse shot to heck.
That whole series of events relating to how JY was told bugs me - I really want to know if an LE rep was there as would be required for a homicide. Going to be a long wait before I get that answer huh?

Good idea to update that link, I know WRAL has redesigned so all the original links do not work.
I love wild guessing. It's fun :) But he might not have even heard that message either, so I should've added that in too.

I just had a teary eyed moment. I was making sure I didn't have to move any more comments and found a post from a girl called Julie (who is 7 according to the post). She got her mom to write a comment for her in the condolences blog addressed to Cassidy. Poor little baby :( she says her dad died last Christmas and she wants to give Cassidy hugs and that she has to give her little sister hugs. I bet that was hard for mom to write in :(

Thanks RC, I knew you would know :) The other phone in the house besides Michele's does it state who it belongs to?
For sure (not senile yet) it was reported that Jason's parents house number was the only number that Meredith could find. That was in one of the earliest reports and was a little confusing at first because some speculated that it was Meredith who made the call but I believe it was LE and she just got the number for them. Now it seems to me if he called from his cell phone and left a message that morning for Meredith she'd have that number so I'm thinking they couldn't get in touch with him but tried.

strach304 said:
Thanks RC, I knew you would know :) The other phone in the house besides Michele's does it state who it belongs to?
For sure (not senile yet) it was reported that Jason's parents house number was the only number that Meredith could find. That was in one of the earliest reports and was a little confusing at first because some speculated that it was Meredith who made the call but I believe it was LE and she just got the number for them. Now it seems to me if he called from his cell phone and left a message that morning for Meredith she'd have that number so I'm thinking they couldn't get in touch with him but tried.
The other phone from the house is not specifically defined - it is referenced because Inv. Sternberg noted it contained a message machine with messages indicated - assuming ( I know bad, bad ,bad) it was the landline not a cell.

LE may have gotten the phone number for the parents from an address book in the house as well. I suspect MF gave LE JYs phone number pretty quickly, LE tried to get him and could not, and MF may have advised of the family's phone number from an adress book. I just have trouble however believing LE notified JYs parents - they are not next of kin and LE is under no obligation to advise these people of anything prior to notifying next of kin. Something tells me someone other than LE told JYs parents - JMO.

ETA - someone other than Wake County Sheriff - I should clarify. It is possible WCSO called Transylvania Co Sheriff to alert them and possibly do the notification.

raisincharlie said:
The other phone from the house is not specifically defined - it is referenced because Inv. Sternberg noted it contained a message machine with messages indicated - assuming ( I know bad, bad ,bad) it was the landline not a cell.

LE may have gotten the phone number for the parents from an address book in the house as well. I suspect MF gave LE JYs phone number pretty quickly, LE tried to get him and could not, and MF may have advised of the family's phone number from an adress book. I just have trouble however believing LE notified JYs parents - they are not next of kin and LE is under no obligation to advise these people of anything prior to notifying next of kin. Something tells me someone other than LE told JYs parents - JMO.

ETA - someone other than Wake County Sheriff - I should clarify. It is possible WCSO called Transylvania Co Sheriff to alert them and possibly do the notification.
It may have been Linda Fisher who rang them hon, because after Jason Young, she is Michelle's NOK (next of kin). If the Transylania Co Sheriff was there at the Young-McIntyre house he should've been the one to tell Jason since he is an 'official'. I can't see him being there and saying "ok, you tell him".

Samiya said:
It may have been Linda Fisher who rang them hon, because after Jason Young, she is Michelle's NOK (next of kin). If the Transylania Co Sheriff was there at the Young-McIntyre house he should've been the one to tell Jason since he is an 'official'. I can't see him being there and saying "ok, you tell him".
With the fit pop threw and the general disrespect for LE - I can. :D

raisincharlie said:
With the fit pop threw and the general disrespect for LE - I can. :D
lmao>>maybe he thought to 'out gun' the Sheriff on this one. Or if the sheriff wasn't there, maybe it was Linda who rang and told him.

If Jason arrived in Brevard at around 3pm then enough 'considerable time' had passed without being able to get onto Jason so they may have notified both NOK's, although Linda would've been notified first by either LE or Meredith from the Sheriffs office.

If Meredith rang her mom, it must've been hard for her to tell her mom the news. Linda strikes me in her 'plea' as someone very close to her daughters in more ways than just being their mom.

Samiya said:
lmao>>maybe he thought to 'out gun' the Sheriff on this one. Or if the sheriff wasn't there, maybe it was Linda who rang and told him.

If Jason arrived in Brevard at around 3pm then enough 'considerable time' had passed without being able to get onto Jason so they may have notified both NOK's, although Linda would've been notified first by either LE or Meredith from the Sheriffs office.

If Meredith rang her mom, it must've been hard for her to tell her mom the news. Linda strikes me in her 'plea' as someone very close to her daughters in more ways than just being their mom.
I recall from the Vitale case that LE took Daniel Horowitz out to a squad car and put him in the back and left him with his cell phone and DH did make phone calls to relatives and friends at that time. I remember this because several posters who thought DH was guilty had a total hissy fit over his "special treatment". So it is quite possible the source would have been Meredith as both her and Cassidy would have been removed from the house quite quickly.

raisincharlie said:
I recall from the Vitale case that LE took Daniel Horowitz out to a squad car and put him in the back and left him with his cell phone and DH did make phone calls to relatives and friends at that time. I remember this because several posters who thought DH was guilty had a total hissy fit over his "special treatment". So it is quite possible the source would have been Meredith as both her and Cassidy would have been removed from the house quite quickly.
I'll agree with you ~ and good comparison also.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member