Mike Tyson's 4 yo Daughter Found Hanging From Cord

I've been thinking about this little girl all day. What a terrible tragedy. Little children are so precious. I hope she'll be okay.

So, who is the mother? News stories just use the term "child's mother." Was MT living with them?

According to MT's bio, he has 6 children, yet the mother(s) of two of them are not mentioned. Was the 7 yr old brother MT's child, too?

Mikey Lorna (1990)
Rayna (1996) wife Monica Turner
Amir (1997) wife Monica Turner
Miguel Leon (2002)
Exodus (?)
(?)

The article stated her name was Exodus and:

Tyson lives in the house with his girlfriend and their two children, MyFOXPhoenix.com reported

So whoever the new girlfriend is would be the mother.

No matter who she is I feel for her and the whole family. This is so sad.

We had a treadmill that had the main control cable(connecting the panel to machine part) hang in a loop underneath the panel. It was a thick cable. I wonder if this is what she got stuck in. Thinking about that cable I could see the little girl playing and putting her head through it. So sad.

It's possible that it was this sort of cable. I've never seen a treadmill with this kind of cable. It does sound like a safety hazard for little children.

The article stated her name was Exodus and:

Tyson lives in the house with his girlfriend and their two children, MyFOXPhoenix.com reported

So whoever the new girlfriend is would be the mother.

No matter who she is I feel for her and the whole family. This is so sad.

We had a treadmill that had the main control cable(connecting the panel to machine part) hang in a loop underneath the panel. It was a thick cable. I wonder if this is what she got stuck in. Thinking about that cable I could see the little girl playing and putting her head through it. So sad.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/3tvextra-index.html?nvid=365109

Update. This report states MT shares custody with an ex-girlfriend who lives in Phoenix. It also states the girl was brain dead upon entering the hospital. Still no info on the mother, only that she was a 34 very attentive parent.

Last part of the video below describes more about the treadmill.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/3tvextra-index.html?nvid=365163

Good grief, I was hoping this could turn out okay, because she's so young and little ones seem to recover better than us. oh my goodness.

It's possible that it was this sort of cable. I've never seen a treadmill with this kind of cable. It does sound like a safety hazard for little children.

I believe this is more along the lines of what happened. I read in a blurb that she was hanging by the "power cord".

1187603408.CR.Mother_Goose-tears_and_tissues_final.gif
This is horrible news to hear that a child is suffering and that her brother found her. Prayers going out for Exodus and the Mike Tyson family. I hope that her family will remain strong. Just tragic and thinking about her little brother is heartbreaking.

I think like some posters have mentioned it is the safety cord which was what she got stuck in. You can see the safety cord in the below picture.

Tyson's daughter, 4, dies day after accident

PHOENIX (AP) - Police say the 4-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson has died a day after her neck accidentally was caught in a treadmill cord while she was playing at home.

Phoenix police spokesman Andy Hill said Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead in a hospital just before noon on Tuesday. Police have said an investigation showed it was a "tragic accident."

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/sto...ughter,-4,-dies-day-after-accident/?GT1=39002

Rest in peace baby girl, Exodus Tyson.

Thanks for the pic on the treadmill. I'm still trying to figure out how she got caught. This may take a while for me.

Tyson's daughter, 4, dies day after accident

PHOENIX (AP) - Police say the 4-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson has died a day after her neck accidentally was caught in a treadmill cord while she was playing at home.

Phoenix police spokesman Andy Hill said Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead in a hospital just before noon on Tuesday. Police have said an investigation showed it was a "tragic accident."

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/sto...ughter,-4,-dies-day-after-accident/?GT1=39002

Rest in peace baby girl, Exodus Tyson.

Was so hoping this would not be the case. RIP dear child.

We had a treadmill near identical to the one in arielilane's post #30. There were numerous warnings about children and do believe one was of the cord. But (and I mean no disrespect to folks who speak a language other than english) the booklet was multiple languages and very small print so it be easy to not take notice of every cautionary detail. Especially a caution on an aspect of product that is in place for safety reasons.

Sorry to ramble on....sometimes the pain we feel here for others feels too real.

This is just beyond sad. Someone cleaning, like anyone one of us could have been doing...sending the big brother to see what the baby is doing and finding that.

FWIW, I was putting my older child to bed one night when I heard an odd sound from the baby's room-it was a single odd sound, but it didn't set right. I went in "just to check" and found her hanging by her neck from the crib rail inside of the crib-she had put her leg through the slats because she was thin and caught the railing under her chin, perfectly compressing her airway. She got that one weird gasp out. Her knee was caught in the slats and was rebound swelling so I had to break the slat to get her out, because she was tightly jammed under the neck and her leg was caught. I did not know I had so much strength-as she lay cooing at me after I freed her I rocked her thinking what would have happened if I had ignored the sound, and just put my other child to bed reading her a story etc....I am blessed. My baby suffered a bruise on her knee that quickly disappeared. (She never spent another night in a crib either, just as a follow up.)

I have a NordicTrak treadmill at home with one of those safety clips, but it doesn't have a loop-- just a clip you attach to your clothing. The other end is a flat plastic 'key" that fits into a slot in front. I can't imagine a child strangling herself on it as I believe the clip would pull out if enough force is used.

When my stepdaughter lived with us, she and her friends were attracted to the treadmill like moths to a flame. My husband and I would not let her play on it and I took the "key" and hid it where she would not ever be able to find it.

What happened to this little girl is so unfortunate, and her mother will undoubtedly live the minutes before the accident over and over again, wishing she could turn back time. When my beloved puppy was accidently strangled by my other dog (his teeth got caught in her collar), I kept wishing I could have replayed that day over and over again and called them into the house sooner to maybe avoid the tragic accident.

I don't mean to compare a dog's death to a child's, but I do know that this little girl's mother will feel regret for what happened for the rest of her own life. My prayers are with the entire family.

Praying for the family. Can't imagine their pain and sorrow over the loss of beautiful little Exodus. Saw her picture today with the other children on HLN. Just adorable. RIP sweetie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back