Miners alive

What mixed feelings that town must have today....two saved...but one they have to bury.

These 2 guys give a whole new meaning to 'the land down under'.

hahahaha true.

Dingo
Yes it must be hard....I had almost forgotten about the guy who died, isnt that awful...my attention for the last two weeks has been on getting the ones left alive out.
I hope Todd and Brant get to go to the funeral.

:dance: I sat and cried when they came out .They are such brave heros .My heart goes out to the widow and family of the miner who didnt make it.

It sure is a day of celebration for Australians!!

Personally, I woke up at 6am this morning, turned on the TV to hear the morning news, and was delighted to catch the moment as it unfolded.

Today will definitely be a day of mixed emotions, as Australians rejoice at the increadible tale of survival of these two men, and then stop to remember the lost miner, as he is laid to rest.

aussiegran said:
:dance: I sat and cried when they came out .They are such brave heros .My heart goes out to the widow and family of the miner who didnt make it.
I cried too Aussiegran..this will go down in history....so sad for Larry Knights family..hard to think of what they would have been feeling..prayers to them....

Nore said:
------------

Hi Dingo,I am so thankful they are out..
Thankyou Nore..my husband is a miner...so this is close to my heart

aussiegran said:
I've seen them come out a million times today lol and I cry every time.
An amazing tale of survival.
It IS a day of celebrations Solidarity, Tasmania will be going off.....I was tuned to the tel as soon as I woke up too and came online and Dingo was already here spreading the good news.
Thanks Dingo for the links and keeping everyone informed on what was going on down there :)

Hip Hip Hoooooooooray , I'm so happy for them and there families. Now get on with the party .......

narlacat said:
I've seen them come out a million times today lol and I cry every time.
An amazing tale of survival.
It IS a day of celebrations Solidarity, Tasmania will be going off.....I was tuned to the tel as soon as I woke up too and came online and Dingo was already here spreading the good news.
Thanks Dingo for the links and keeping everyone informed on what was going on down there :)
Thanks Narla...I think Australia is going off tonight.our house is celebrating atm.. I have a house full of coal miners here atm and we are partying......:p

Australia is and can be held up to the world as a Country that has a very safe mining record.

One of the men said: That he wanted to stop at McD on the way to the hospital. These two men are in good spirits.

But of course, we cannot forget the others miner that died. I think it was very thoughtful of the family not to hold the funeral until the other miners got out safely, so the two miners could attend the services.

Apparently, one country that had a mine problem in which many miners died, is looking to Australia as being "held" up as an example of safety when it comes to mines.

I hope that country learns something that may in the future help save lives.

Even in Canada we had a mine "accident" that was due to shoddy safety, putting profits ahead of people and just plain negligence. If I remember correctly more than twenty miners died. Huge underground explosion.....

Boy I wish I could go to "the land down under" for the nationwide party.......it would be a blast......

Well, I don't drink much, but I had one yesterday.....:) for the boys that got out and for the one that didnt make it.
I can't wait to hear their story of survival.
Todd Russell went down to the pub last night, can you believe it lol.....good for him, everyone wanted to see him and congratulate him.

CyberLaw said:
Australia is and can be held up to the world as a Country that has a very safe mining record.

One of the men said: That he wanted to stop at McD on the way to the hospital. These two men are in good spirits.

But of course, we cannot forget the others miner that died. I think it was very thoughtful of the family not to hold the funeral until the other miners got out safely, so the two miners could attend the services.

Apparently, one country that had a mine problem in which many miners died, is looking to Australia as being "held" up as an example of safety when it comes to mines.

I hope that country learns something that may in the future help save lives.

Even in Canada we had a mine "accident" that was due to shoddy safety, putting profits ahead of people and just plain negligence. If I remember correctly more than twenty miners died. Huge underground explosion.....

Boy I wish I could go to "the land down under" for the nationwide party.......it would be a blast......
Hello Cyberlaw..our country does have a good record in the safety issue.....my husband does mine rescue training once a month..but we have also lost friends to accidents in mines which havent made the headlines....but all in all most of the mining companies in oz are very aware of safety issues

I don't know when it will happen, but apparently the guys have made a deal with Oprah.
Look out for their interview and their amazing story of survival.

narlacat said:
I don't know when it will happen, but apparently the guys have made a deal with Oprah.
Look out for their interview and their amazing story of survival.
I heard that too Narla....as well as being offered millions for book deals ....i dont think they will have to go back to work:eek: .....lets hope they can get the safety issues of the mine sorted out,so the other miners can get back to work.

Good for them, they deserve every penny they get.

Can't wait to see them on Oprah...I Like Oprah:D

narlacat said:
Good for them, they deserve every penny they get.

Can't wait to see them on Oprah...I Like Oprah:D
Shame the shows we get are about two years behind:p

Yeah...that's true!
But we got the couch jumping Cruise interview right about when it happened..
It will be a special on at night.....not when her show normally comes on in the day time.
Wonder how she will handle two burly straight-talking Aussie guys....
I imagine she will do alright.....I think she is pretty down to earth herself in alot of ways.

I hope they show the TV special in the US sometime!

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Two Australian gold miners trapped for 14 days underground have signed a media deal reportedly worth A$2 million (US$1.5 million) to tell their survival story, with a two hour Australian television special to air on Sunday.

The media deal, announced by Australia's Nine television network on Wednesday, is believed to be the highest ever paid to secure news "talent," local newspapers said.

Miners Todd Russell, 34, and Brant Webb, 37, were trapped almost a kilometre underground after a cave-in on April 25 at the Beaconsfield Gold Mine on the southern island state of Tasmania.
(more)
link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060517/tv_nm/australia_miners_dc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey