Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
USMCWife, Welcome to WS and please post!

Thanks everyone! :) I'm at Camp Pendleton, right now, but moving to Japan very soon with our next duty station. I'm originally from Cincinnati, Ohio.

I can probably answer a lot of Marine Corps questions...and if I can't, my husband can. He's been more obsessed with this case than I have. Everyone in his shop is disgusted with (yeah, I've been lurking and I agree, this guy is a - lol). They also think Maria was a troubled girl and her rape timeline and the facts not adding up is bothering them, too.

I'm working on a blog post detailing exactly what I think may have happened. I'll link it for you when I'm done. I'm trying to write it from the perspective of Marine Corps life, knowing how people work and what daily life is like around base. :)

I wouldn't worry about Christina's silence. The MC called her back to active duty...which isn't a bad thing. It just means they now have jurisdiction over her (so to speak) again and if she was guilty, she would have to not only face punishment in a civilian court. She'd be accountable to the Marine Corps, too. I did an interview with a major TV network not long ago and we had to have a media rep present at our house at all times...and they actually censored some of the things I said. They are very strict about what is said to the media.

I would like to know if CL was the one to leave his truck in Morrisville. If not then who. I do not think it could have been Christina. So once again I am going to say I think that a 3rd person was involved. Could CL have had another girlfriend that we are not aware of. Could she have dropped the truck off in Durham and caught a bus to meet him in El Paso? It just seems like CL had some help after he ran and i do not think Christina could have helped once she turned the note over to the LE

I think it was CL to leave the truck There is a witness who one of our poster knows that saw him on that Sat. And he would then hop a plane from the airport

I think it was CL to leave the truck There is a witness who one of our poster knows that saw him on that Sat. And he would then hop a plane from the airport

I do remember someone talking about spotting him or his truck before the truck was found. I wonder if they said they specifically saw him or the truck? I would have thought if he had hopped a plane they would have been able to determine that by now. I real think they have no idea where he went when he 1st left and how he has been able to evade them.

wouldn't worry about Christina's silence. The MC called her back to active duty...which isn't a bad thing. It just means they now have jurisdiction over her (so to speak) again and if she was guilty, she would have to not only face punishment in a civilian court. She'd be accountable to the Marine Corps, too. I did an interview with a major TV network not long ago and we had to have a media rep present at our house at all times...and they actually censored some of the things I said. They are very strict about what is said to the media.

So a lack of information from her or her lack of defending herself in the media would be because Marines have silenced her?

So a lack of information from her or her lack of defending herself in the media would be because Marines have silenced her?

No the lack of Christina saying anything in public is because she has been asked not to talk to the media by the LE and the USMC.She is cooperating with the investigation.

He was also caught on tape buying paint and shovels at a Lowe's store in Jacksonville, N.C.

I wonder on what day this happen. He was saw using he card on the 24th but if she was killed on th 14th surely he would have bought these items before the 24th

Page 3 says Maria was reported as a missing perosn to Onslow Country Sheriff's Office and she failed to report to work on December 14.

She wasn't reported missing on the 14, and all other records say she was at work on the morning of the 14th. :waitasec:

Sheesh, more incorrect dates. the first morning Maria didn't show up for her post was Dec 17. IIRC, her mother reported her missing to the sheriff in their town on Dec 19.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323865,00.html

Surveillance videos obtained by "America's Most Wanted" show the suspected killer of a pregnant Marine using the victim's ATM card and buying paint and shovels believed to have been employed in an effort to conceal the crime, FOX News has learned.

I just can not get over how unbelievably bold he is, did he really think he would get away with this? Well I guess he did for almost a month.

I wonder on what day this happen. He was saw using he card on the 24th but if she was killed on th 14th surely he would have bought these items before the 24th

And exactly how many shovels (yes plural) did he need?

The Lowe's purchase has to have been done earlier, on a different date. Doesn't Fox know we need that info!

Better question why borrow from the neighbor his shovel>

From the FOX report posted by golfmom. Thanx, GM!

"..... As the manhunt for Laurean continued in the United States and Mexico, crime lab investigators were analyzing a weapon that might have been used to bludgeon the young woman to death.

A witness in the murder of Lauterbach turned the instrument over to police, who would not confirm local media reports that it was a crowbar.

'It was a person who had this item in their possession and did not realize its significance," Capt. Rick Sutherland of the Onslow County Sheriff's Office told FOX News on Thursday. "We have no reason to believe that they were involved in the homicide at all. ... We believe this item is consistent with the findings of the medical examiner."

Sutherland declined to say who gave police the item last weekend and what it was. Citing sources close to the investigation, The Jacksonville Daily News in North Carolina reported that the weapon undergoing testing at the lab was a crowbar.

An autopsy determined that Lauterbach died of blunt force trauma to the head. ......"

Makes even more sense the crowbar was purchased at the Laurean's LYS.

Why buy more than one shovel at Lowe's, if he didn't have someone helping him dig the hole and bury Maria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592