Missing cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the 2:38 phone call? I keep seeing references to it, but I don't know anything other than there was a call. Was it made to or from one of the missing cell phones?

Can someone explain the 2:38 phone call? I keep seeing references to it, but I don't know anything other than there was a call. Was it made to or from one of the missing cell phones?

it was iirc from a "source" and was not confirmed by LE (shelby most likely has this in her timeline.. hold up and I will post link to the timeline thread)
eta:-----------
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150977"]Lisa Irwin-Timeline - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

it is on the timeline (friday october 7th at 2pm fox news live... so there was no link)

I could see a perp grabbing phones on the way out so nobody could call for help. I could also see someone not having clue that cell phones can be traced.

And I'm curious if LE has retrieved the pings, but haven't located the phones yet. Maybe that's what they're looking so hard around the house for?

So we don't know if the phones have been recovered. Anything on a cell can be retrieved through the carriers records - so why get rid of them?

The only reason I can come up with for disposing of a cell phone is PICTURES! I don't think pictures can be retrieved from a carrier - those have to be taken right off the phone itself.

Those 3 phones disappearing are very strange. Could be the abductor did see them and took them so no 911 calls could be made - or the phones were disposed of because of evidence. But, again, most everything on a phone can be retrieved by the carrier so disposing of them only delays the inevitable.

Pictures is the only thing I can come up with.

So we don't know if the phones have been recovered. Anything on a cell can be retrieved through the carriers records - so why get rid of them?

The only reason I can come up with for disposing of a cell phone is PICTURES! I don't think pictures can be retrieved from a carrier - those have to be taken right off the phone itself.

Those 3 phones disappearing are very strange. Could be the abductor did see them and took them so no 911 calls could be made - or the phones were disposed of because of evidence. But, again, most everything on a phone can be retrieved by the carrier so disposing of them only delays the inevitable.

I thought of this also. Not just photos, videos too. A different angle..... what if a visitor/guest took the phones because they contained evidence/proof of what happened that night? Something they were not involved in, but could be implicated??

Again- theory and opinion only.

Or if this was staged, someone may have thought that the intruder/kidnapping theory was more plausible if something else was missing (and maybe a window tampered with).

I have to believe that one or both of those working phones was pinging for some time somewhere near the house for LE to have searched about 4 times now for something that a metal detector might pick up. I would think that only a phone with GPS would be that specific though. Any other type would only ping a radius of the nearest cell tower wouldn't it? So is one or both of them a smart phone? And why is this information not being either asked or released?

If the theory is that this intruder left via the front door and the phones are found hidden somewhere in the back of the property or in the forested area, how does that fit in with the direction of travel for said intruder?

If someone took the phones to delay or prevent someone from calling LE, then it would make sense for them to toss the phones into the trees as soon as they left the house so as not to be traced. But if they are found in the back of the property, that would mean that is the direction that the perp took when leaving the house. And there is a couple of dogs out there I understand. If the phones are actually hidden or buried, well I can't see a perp taking the time to do that. :waitasec:

MOO

What type of prepaid were the phones? I know of two type of "prepaid". There's the kind that is completely untraceable, where the phones can be picked up at any party store, and you buy a card to refill them, usually at some outrageous cost for minutes.

And then there's the type of prepaid that my and my bf use, where the phone is technically prepaid, as you have to buy a card and add it the phone at the start of the month. We don't get a bill, but our phones are still far from untraceable, since you can set up an account to refill from your credit card, without having to go to the store and buy a card, and you have to set up an account online with the phone provider to add airtime.

If they were the first kind, then yeah, they are pretty much untraceable, but if they were the second type, they are traceable and still prepaid.

bbm...
what service provider do you have that REQUIRES an online account?

bbm...
what service provider do you have that REQUIRES an online account?

Straight talk...technically, you can call their service center and add airtime, but I don't know anyone that does, because it takes a couple hours that way. Their hold times are insane.

anybody else think that something much more sinister is on those cell phones?
like CP? and that is why the cell phones are all missing.

Maybe they already have the cell phones... Or know the messages on them... or times messages were sent. And those don't jive with the story they're being told.

Possibly, but in no way am I saying this happened, possibly if mom is aware of what happened to the baby the phones being missing were to be the excuse why she didn't call 911 right away. Perhaps there was a plan to say someone just intruded into the home and took the baby and also the phones so they could get away without her calling 911. Then maybe she decided she couldn't look Lisa's daddy in the face and pretend she didn't know so she ran off and pretended to be asleep. This could also account for why the lights were on and doors and windows were unlocked and/or open.

Just speculation.

I read somewhere that they had clocked a text to her just a few minutes before the dumpster fire. Not sure where I saw that to repost... but that would definitely be interesting if that was the case. JMO

Did LE look inside the Toilet Tank of the house? Taped behind, underneath the washer/dryer/refrig?

Did LE look inside the Toilet Tank of the house? Taped behind, underneath the washer/dryer/refrig?

I bet they checked everything. One of the police officers was on FOX news being asked questions this past weekend and he said that if there is anything that you may have wondered about, then it was checked out. He wouldn't comment on details, but said everything was being followed up on and checked out.

Now, it makes sense as to why they would be on the roof with metal detectors. The Police officer would not answer that questions, except to say they were checking for everything. I think they were doing that because if someone had hidden the phones in the attic of the house, underneath that pink insulation that most attics have, then the metal detector on the roof would have picked it up. That's my take on it.

If a family member took the phones must be they feel to hide something.
If it was a stranger seems odd that that was only thing apart from lisa taken, can't
see the trying to delay 911 call as a reason IMO unless it was someone who knew that that was all the phones in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon