Missing cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Text messages are usually purged from the carrier within 48 hours of the transmission due to the sheer volume of texts that are sent and received. If there was in fact a text sent at 2:30 in the morning, the message would be long gone by now.

I would also think that these phones would be long dead and no longer pinging.

I think one phone contains evidence (a call or text) and the other two phones were disposed of to make it look like a theft.

Maybe the cell phones are a red herring of sorts. Something to make LE believe they were taken by a kidnapper. Then again I've read many weird true crime cases, so who knows?
Hopefully LE.

imo

Straight talk...technically, you can call their service center and add airtime, but I don't know anyone that does, because it takes a couple hours that way. Their hold times are insane.

you can add airtime on straight talk by purchasing a straight talk card at walmart using cash. no credit card or online account required.

I do think that if the woman left a bunch of cell phones charging on the counter that a smart abductor would snatch them up. Perhaps they didn't realize her husband was not home at the time. So the perp thought that he would get all the phones.

However, it seems more likely that if there was some tragic accident that the mother felt would be blamed on her as a murder, and she had reason to think they would try to pin it on her, ex she was cheating on hubby, then she'd want the phones removed. Smashing the phones would eliminate the possibility of using them to get evidence.

It's odd to me that the mother has 3 cell phones out on the counter to supposedly re-program phone numbers the night before her child goes missing, and then lo and behold, the "kidnapper" nabs all 3 phones. I think she was trying to get stuff off the phones even before the child went missing.

JMO

Wondering if there was secret texts (fight between parents? odd remarks? some sexting? another relationship?) something that had to go so LE would not find out.
JMOO

With an ill child (if so) and a husband gone for the first night turn shift, I would have my phone next to me in case I needed it in a hurry.......like to call 911. KWIM?

There is so much speculation flying around.

Do we know for sure that these were pre-paid phones and not with a normal provider like ATT or Verizon?

If they were with a main carrier you bet your buttons the first thing they did was get a warrant for those logs.

What is with the 2:30 call text? Do we know for sure that there was one? Need to find a source on this.

Do we even know what TYPE of phones they were?
It makes a big difference if there were 2 iphones sitting there compared to an old galoppy flip from from 5 years ago.

Have we heard whether or not the chargers were taken along with the phones?

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blo ... z1aUQvjeMo

Continuous updates on the search for Lisa Irwin

House where the search for baby Lisa was conducted on Tuesday has been demolished. Not exactly sure why.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 3:16 PM
Wait,.......................

Is this the house with the well that they were all just at this afternoon? Huh?

:waitasec:

It takes some moving and shaking to take a house down THAT QUICK.

No, this can't be the same house. Can it?

Same house.

There is so much speculation flying around.

Do we know for sure that these were pre-paid phones and not with a normal provider like ATT or Verizon?

If they were with a main carrier you bet your buttons the first thing they did was get a warrant for those logs.

What is with the 2:30 call text? Do we know for sure that there was one? Need to find a source on this.

Do we even know what TYPE of phones they were?
It makes a big difference if there were 2 iphones sitting there compared to an old galoppy flip from from 5 years ago.

I haven't seen information on who the service providers were. If the cell phones were post paid or pre paid makes no difference when the owner gets the records from the provider and allows le to see them.

( wow----that was a quick demolition.)

The search for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin took members of the Kansas City police and fire departments and the FBI to a vacant house about a half-mile away from her home. The house was later demolished.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/#ixzz1aVwxaCZ5

( wow----that was a quick demolition.)

The search for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin took members of the Kansas City police and fire departments and the FBI to a vacant house about a half-mile away from her home. The house was later demolished.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/#ixzz1aVwxaCZ5

FYI, GrandmaJ made a separate thread for talking about the demolition. :seeya:

It's odd to me that the mother has 3 cell phones out on the counter to supposedly re-program phone numbers the night before her child goes missing, and then lo and behold, the "kidnapper" nabs all 3 phones. I think she was trying to get stuff off the phones even before the child went missing.

JMO

What does "re-program the phones" even mean? Why would you need to have three cell phones on a counter to reprogram them? If you just want to reset them back to the factory settings that takes about a minute.

Reprogram though? Who reprograms their own phones at home? I'm a tech, and I wouldn't even do that.

What does "re-program the phones" even mean? Why would you need to have three cell phones on a counter to reprogram them? If you just want to reset them back to the factory settings that takes about a minute.

Reprogram though? Who reprograms their own phones at home? I'm a tech, and I wouldn't even do that.

I am thinking it really just meant putting numbers and addresses in the phones.

Does anyone know how quickly the parents discovered the cell phones missing? If my baby was missing, I think I would be so hysterical I wouldnt notice the cell phones missing right away.
and WTH, did the perp have a purse?? how is he/she carrying a kidnapped baby and 3 cell phones? Its kind of ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox