Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witnesses in the different composites, being only human won't remember every single detail, the closeness of the POI sketches in different cases and Hilton is astounding..

I'm thinking maybe the atm uses in these cases was more the crime of opportunity - he is a killer - but i don't think money was the motive - how could you depend on a "hiker" to have much money? so i think money was an added incentive for him.....

I'm thinking maybe the atm uses in these cases was more the crime of opportunity - he is a killer - but i don't think money was the motive - how could you depend on a "hiker" to have much money? so i think money was an added incentive for him.....

I agree But wanted to point out..some of these people that hike the trails are going through the trail..meaning lots of area/miles and from what I've been reading sometimes multiple states..Not surprising that they WOULD have an atm/debit/cc on them to fund their restocks, in case of Emergencies, in case of equip repairs etc.

Maybe not "Big" funds...But I'm sure there are those. I mean, how many really think to make a seperate "vacation" fund to keep just a set amount of money in when on the road?

Not nitpicking your post, please don't think that...just another avenue why he may have "targeted" them so to speak!

did anyone else notice on Nancy Grace that when she was ever so eloquently discussing the motive for decapitation, that she never once mentioned that perhaps he did this so she couldn't be identified quickly?

I mean, obviously decapitation is a horrendous thing to do, whether a person is alive or dead, but the fact that he did it to her when she was dead suggests that either Nancy was right and he gets some sick pleasure out of that, or that he was trying to conceal her identity. Either way its still horrible, but I think she missed a valid point.

Not that it matters exactly WHY he did it, but it could be a clue as to what type of murders we are looking for.

This dashcam video of Hilton when an officer was on him for camping with out the permit is very import, imo.

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/15006358/index.html

He looks much younger in it and at first i didn't recognize him due to his dark hair. In fact his hair was so dark i believe he dyed it to change his hair color at that point. The video was only a couple years back, correct? The way he rambles on to the officer, you can hear the nervousness in his voice, he has something to hide, it's obvious, even then. What was he hiding then, is the question?

I think the link through the dogs is the way he meets his victims -walking his dog. I don't think it necessarily has to do with how trained the dogs are. It's just how he meets his victims. Maybe walks his dog, sees them with theirs, then stalks them.

The video is from October: :waitasec:

In October, Hilton drew attention from a Cherokee County sheriff's deputy answering a trespassing call. Hunters had called authorities to report that a man, identified as Hilton, was camping on private property used for hunting off Upper Sweetwater Trail, sheriff's Sgt. Jay Baker said.

The deputy videotaped the exchange, speaking for 20 minutes to Hilton, who admitted having a baton with him. The deputy told Hilton to leave the property after confirming he didn't have any outstanding warrants.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/08/emerson_0109.html

Video is smarmy – he is just so persecuted :boohoo:

that is true too jinx - just putting my thoughts out there - i was just thinking if he was involved w/say the levi case - he surely didn't have an atm card......so that couldn't have been the motive
was meredith's whole body found there? sorry to be graphic they really didn't say just that she was decapitated...

If he either sees them before at a convenience store or with their vehicle...he would get a good idea if they have money in the bank. I still think they need to check if Meredith was seen at a store making purchases before she went hiking and check out the cams there.

I believe it is his motive. He lives off the grid and it is easy money to him. He gets the thrill of the kill AND makes it a "payday" of sorts. He gets just enough cash to last him awhile and doesn't clean out their accounts, but only because it would draw more attention and further the risk of being caught, imo.

Death penalty NOT off the table according to the prosecutor from Hall and Dawson Counties. He said he wasn't part of the deal that Union County made and she was murdered in Dawson County. He said he hasn't made a decision yet. Pretty clever of the DA's if I must say so myself.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...merson_0109.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Hate to be happy that someone's life may be ended, but if anyone ever deserved it, this creep does. Way to go DAs...that's why they're lawyers and Hilton was sleeping in a van.

Hopefully in the future, his history will be reported.
Where he was born, grew up, parents and the like.
What makes a monster do stuff like this, is beyond me.

that is true too jinx - just putting my thoughts out there - i was just thinking if he was involved w/say the levi case - he surely didn't have an atm card......so that couldn't have been the motive
was meredith's whole body found there? sorry to be graphic they really didn't say just that she was decapitated...
Yes, she was first killed with a blow to the head...then decapitated post mortem. I believe they have found all of her.

The only thing I can think of about Levi would be the kid saw something he wasn't supposed to. No, money would not have been a motive in his case...so there had to be another reason. They have not mentioned anything sexual in these killings so I think we can rule that out, too.

If he either sees them before at a convenience store or with their vehicle...he would get a good idea if they have money in the bank. I still think they need to check if Meredith was seen at a store making purchases before she went hiking and check out the cams there.

I believe it is his motive. He lives off the grid and it is easy money to him. He gets the thrill of the kill AND makes it a "payday" of sorts. He gets just enough cash to last him awhile and doesn't clean out their accounts, but only because it would draw more attention and further the risk of being caught, imo.

That's a very good point, they should check security cameras at nearby stores to see if Meredith stopped in before her hike and who was around at that time.
Hilton is a thrill killer who makes a profit off of it when needed.

I just finally watched the interview with the woman who spotted Hilton at the gas station. What a brave woman! She seems to have been very level-headed about trying to make sure police got there quickly and she had all the information they needed. She is responsible for saving the lives of his future victims and should be applauded.

did anyone else notice on Nancy Grace that when she was ever so eloquently discussing the motive for decapitation, that she never once mentioned that perhaps he did this so she couldn't be identified quickly?

I mean, obviously decapitation is a horrendous thing to do, whether a person is alive or dead, but the fact that he did it to her when she was dead suggests that either Nancy was right and he gets some sick pleasure out of that, or that he was trying to conceal her identity. Either way its still horrible, but I think she missed a valid point.

Not that it matters exactly WHY he did it, but it could be a clue as to what type of murders we are looking for.

I think he does it so they decompose quicker.

Originally Posted by MeoW333
This dashcam video of Hilton when an officer was on him for camping with out the permit is very import, imo.

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/15006358/index.html

He looks much younger in it and at first i didn't recognize him due to his dark hair. In fact his hair was so dark i believe he dyed it to change his hair color at that point. The video was only a couple years back, correct? The way he rambles on to the officer, you can hear the nervousness in his voice, he has something to hide, it's obvious, even then. What was he hiding then, is the question?

I think the link through the dogs is the way he meets his victims -walking his dog. I don't think it necessarily has to do with how trained the dogs are. It's just how he meets his victims. Maybe walks his dog, sees them with theirs, then stalks them.

The video was taken a week after John Bryant went missing and his wife was found murdered (or Bryant's ATM card was used). I would say he might have plenty to hide at that point. This is why I suggest they keep looking in the area for John.

I don't think his hair was colored, but we are just seeing the stocking cap.

I agree the dog is used as a ploy and obviously...an effective one.

I think he does it so they decompose quicker.
I don't think it makes them decompose any faster, but I will check it out. Chico?!

I think this time it indicates uncontrollable rage. I believe she tried to free herself by attacking him and it made him angry. If he is responsible for the other killings, this one is only different because of the decapitation so it doesn't support the theory of him doing it so they decompose faster to me.

I agree we're seeing his stocking cap not his hair. I feel the body mutilation is part of his rage.
To meredith's family- You are in all our prayers. We discuss crimes on this site. At times the details of these crimes are depraved. We care about your daughter and all other victims of senseless crimes. I am a Christian and know that Meredith's soul had already departed and she is with God now. She had already departed when many of these events occured.
Find the strength to go on and know that there are many who care about you. Hug Ella from us.
I do hope someone will adopt Dandy so there won't be another victim of this heinous man. If we can help the shelter take care of him please forward an address. I would hate if Dandy to be put down!!!!
Go with God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member