Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, the neighbor with the white-roofed angled house just to the west was not home at the time (a judge who some suspect may have been the intended target, but the abductors goofed on the address).

Which house was the one that the dog appeared at? I would assume it was one to the north (top of photo is north, right?)

What 2 to 3 things do you find most important about this case / investigation based off what is known? For me...

1) Gag orders on the 2 farm investigations / digs
2) Name changes of 2 of the POI’s
3) Grand jury investigation

We got Netflix and binge watched Person Of Interest and The Blacklist.

I'm on the fence about docu-dramas as they tend to be more drama than documentary, like People's show of the Springfield Three. I just want facts and in-depth interviews of the people involved.

I'm disappointed with Netflix, in fact it's time to give HBO Max a try.

I didn’t recall the 10:00 time. Thank you. I thought it was 1:30. Trying to understand why anyone who the dog was not familiar would be let in. My first impression would be to tell a stranger to leave immediately.

Who shows up at anyone’s house at 3 AM? A cop or someone well known to the resident but no one else. Besides, it would have been possible to have talked through the storm door without unlocking it.

I am fairly certain Sherrill was reported to be very concerned about security. I was told by an officer on the case that Suzie did not have a side door key to the carport because of Sherrill’s concerns. So far as I know entry was through the front door.

Please source the officer that told you about security concerns.

What 2 to 3 things do you find most important about this case / investigation based off what is known? For me...

1) Gag orders on the 2 farm investigations / digs
2) Name changes of 2 of the POI’s
3) Grand jury investigation

Aug. 28, 1993:
Law officers with a search warrant spent all day looking for the bodies of the three women on the farm of Francis Robb in Webster County.
Afterwards, officers said they found "some" evidence that they
analyzed but nothing ever came of the search.

July and August, 2002:
Webster County Sheriff Ron Worsham led a search, which included cadaver dogs, men with backhoes, archaeologists and FBI agents, of a property on Highway A in his county. Worshams department received a tip about two men who drove a green van and worked for a concrete company in Greene County. The property was where the concrete company dumped material. The search, which covered parts of two weekends, turned up nothing that led investigators to believe the missing women&bodies were on the property. Worsham was assistant police chief in Springfield when the women disappeared.

April 7-10, 2003:
Searchers dug at a property south of Cassville, following tips that led them to believe the women might be buried there. Nothing was found there that indicated a link to Streeter, Levitt and McCall.

Citations
Significant events in the disappearance of three women
by KY3 News

Story Published October 04, 2007

Aug. 28, 1993:
Law officers with a search warrant spent all day looking for the bodies of the three women on the farm of Francis Robb in Webster County.
Afterwards, officers said they found "some" evidence that they
analyzed but nothing ever came of the search.

July and August, 2002:
Webster County Sheriff Ron Worsham led a search, which included cadaver dogs, men with backhoes, archaeologists and FBI agents, of a property on Highway A in his county. Worshams department received a tip about two men who drove a green van and worked for a concrete company in Greene County. The property was where the concrete company dumped material. The search, which covered parts of two weekends, turned up nothing that led investigators to believe the missing women&bodies were on the property. Worsham was assistant police chief in Springfield when the women disappeared.

April 7-10, 2003:
Searchers dug at a property south of Cassville, following tips that led them to believe the women might be buried there. Nothing was found there that indicated a link to Streeter, Levitt and McCall.

Citations
Significant events in the disappearance of three women
by KY3 News

Story Published October 04, 2007

Thanks Tex. I apologize I missed those.

I guess that takes my 3 down to 2 :)

Please source the officer that told you about security concerns.

“G.D.” It was about the side door key not being on her key chain.

I had called the police station offering my services. My specialty was in investigations and thought I could help. No compensation would have been expected.

Based on my limited personal knowledge, I believe the killer came from the Hanover party. In any event, the police were provided the name (if he was there.)

Last edited:
I would like to hear more of this theory.

Are you intimating that the perp either knew Suzie or was somewhat of an acquaintance to her, or possibly was with people she knew? Michelle Elder said that Stacy and her talked, and Suzie was with "other people".

That would have to mean the perp was in the group who drove back to the Joy party and then followed the girls to Janelle's.
Is there a list of all those who went from the Elder party to the Joy party? Who did Janelle ride back with?

There had to be only a small number of people that went from Joy's to Janelle's at 2 AM, how would the perp have fit in? Did he ride with someone who knew them? Wouldn't that person then be in on it? Wouldn't Janelle have wondered, "Who is this and why is he at my house"?

If he didn't go to Janelle's then how could he have tracked the girls to Suzie's. When they left Joy's, everyone thought the girls would stay at Janelle's.

Ahhh... so many question, twists, and turns...

Last edited:
Here is another strange note:
Dennis Rader ...Wichita serial killer wrote a letter to a television station with a symbol that looks like a shield...In the top quadrant is the letter C....In the bottom..L ...the left middle is another C and right middle "tre" with a missing letter...3? It could be Cheryl with a C and Levitt as L...then see C...3.
He mentions "Cave Land"....Ozarks?
I realize this is way out there..but he was in Springfield that month visiting a cousin.
He has a history of subduing multiple people in one house.
What is known about the cousin? Is he not a person of interest? What sort of vehicle was available to him?

Changing one’s name sounds suspicious but as publicized as this case is I understand why someone would. People watch tv, read newspapers, and employers google potential hires. Hiring a possible murder suspect could be bad for business.

I ve read that the brother of one of the GR s had changed his name. The one that made strange comments the day after the disppearance.

Actually that is a misunderstanding, I believe. He did not change his name as per my understanding. But he evidently used his mother’s name for a period of time perhaps so he wouldn’t be caught up in all the hoopla going on at the time.

The one making “strange comments” was Michael Clay if I understand you correctly.

The one who “changed” his mind was brought back from Illinois. I believe he is there now.

Actually that is a misunderstanding, I believe. He did not change his name as per my understanding. But he evidently used his mother’s name for a period of time perhaps so he wouldn’t be caught up in all the hoopla going on at the time.

The one making “strange comments” was Michael Clay if I understand you correctly.

The one who “changed” his mind was brought back from Illinois. I believe he is there now.

Using a different name for a period of time is like changing his name, right? I don ´t know if we are talking about D. Recla or his brother. It would be understandable if Dustin changed his name. But not J. Recla. Regarding the strange comments, I am just repeating what others have posted here and on the FB page of the missing women. I read it was the brother the one that made those comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500