Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonable......to a certain extent. Personally I'd be creeped out...(open door, cars in the driveway, keys, purses, Stacy's clothes...but only the dog was home)...I would leave vs moving further into the house.

Janelle was nosy. Just guessing here....after June 7th, 1992......she never entered someone's house until they answered the door and was invited in.
:eek:
I’d be all kinds of creeped out if I’d gone there out of concern and saw such odd circumstances.

Yeah, it was Janis.....she felt bad about entering the house.
I wonder who's mother notified Janis. Janis was basically the last person who found out the 3 women were missing. So who threw up the red flag? Just curious.

That's a good question. It would also mean someone possibly told a parent that something wasn't right and that Stacy was missing. That would be someone the police should talk to.

The purses bother me. If they were taken it would have been more believable that the women left voluntarily and maybe not even together. Leaving a car behind just means someone else picked you up, leaving a purse with money and everything else in it means you could only go so far. Even if the perpetrator/s took one purse it would make you police and people question if they should be looking for 3 women or 2 and is one person at a boyfriend's place or did they decide to leave that night or the morning and go out with other friends? Why leave the purses behind and together?

The purses bother me. If they were taken it would have been more believable that the women left voluntarily and maybe not even together. Leaving a car behind just means someone else picked you up, leaving a purse with money and everything else in it means you could only go so far. Even if the perpetrator/s took one purse it would make you police and people question if they should be looking for 3 women or 2 and is one person at a boyfriend's place or did they decide to leave that night or the morning and go out with other friends? Why leave the purses behind and together?

If Sherills car was gone then yes I can say Janelle would of assumed that the girls had gone on ahead without. That still makes no sense though considering the early hour Janelle started calling the home. But giving her the benifit of the doubt here.

But all 3 cars still there would indicate that everybody was still home which is why Janelle went inside thinking they was all home. Why would Sherill of gone to the water park with the girls and she certainly didn’t drive them as her car ea Salah there?!

You then have the issue of Stacey wouldn’t of left her purse behind. Even if she magically left her car behind she wouldn’t gone without that.

That’s why when posters try and justify Janelle’s behavior that day I find it mind boggling.

So even if it was “normal” to let yourself into that house that day then Stacey leaving behind all her clothing and purse doesn’t add up.

I have read somewhere that Janelle looked around that house so she obviously checked Suzie’s room and leading down into that room was the purses lined up. So Janelle can’t play dumb on that she had to have known Stacey had left without her purse. Then add in Janelle knew exactly what Stacey was wearing that night that was on the floor in Suzie’s room.

IMO i think janelle is lying but why is anybody’s guess.

When the police were called out, they simply left a note on the door for the women to call once they returned. Today seeing the purses would be enough to start investigating immediately.

When the police were called out, they simply left a note on the door for the women to call once they returned. Today seeing the purses would be enough to start investigating immediately.

Actually that was jus in case they “did” came back but they asked Janis for Stacey’s dental records straight away. They knew something wasn’t right the same way janis did and took the call out seriously from the get go.

3 women don’t simple walk out of their home without cars, keys, money and in Stacey’s case clothing.

Janelle/Mike were the only seemingly oblivious ones to think everything was ok.

Last edited:
I watched that episode of 48 hours. I think one scene shows cops pulling over a guy possibly drinking a beer, his friend is barely conscious in his truck bed. They were let off with a "drive safe" and with the cop suggesting truck bed guy not get that smashed at his wedding or show up like that lol. The Joplin man's polygraph looked live to me too. A person asks if he feels okay.

Exactly.....let off with a "drive safe" and that's supposed to give us confidence in SPD? sigh Hopefully they've learned a few new procedures since then. And the prosecuting attorney (at that time) was pissed about showing someone being given a polygraph which goes hand and hand with the cop letting off the mobile drunken bachelor party.
....the media let out way too much info (IMO) but as such, it's helped us.
Also, that FACT that 'this' had never happened before or since...supports my opinion.....it began with an 'accident' and snowballed from there. Panic, fear and confusion is a powerful combo.
How it happened is up for grabs but keep in mind 5 high school graduations hence party atmosphere all that weekend.
The reason SPD can't nail down a motive? There wasn't one.....at first.

exactly.....the 3 missing women, IMO, none of them lived a 'risky' lifestyle by any stretch of the imagination...esp if you consider what goes on in today's world.

Please look at the graduation photo below.... IMO not all 3 of the young women were the picture of health. Gaunt and dark circles is not my idea of a healthy life style.

IMO a 'risky' lifestyle does not = (equal) clear pretty eyes, bright smile and glowing complexion.

Attachments

• Story_521306_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    Story_521306_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 36
Leaving the purses there almost seems like someone wanted people to believe they had all made it into the house.

Exactly.....let off with a "drive safe" and that's supposed to give us confidence in SPD? sigh Hopefully they've learned a few new procedures since then. And the prosecuting attorney (at that time) was pissed about showing someone being given a polygraph which goes hand and hand with the cop letting off the mobile drunken bachelor party.
....the media let out way too much info (IMO) but as such, it's helped us.
Also, that FACT that 'this' had never happened before or since...supports my opinion.....it began with an 'accident' and snowballed from there. Panic, fear and confusion is a powerful combo.
How it happened is up for grabs but keep in mind 5 high school graduations hence party atmosphere all that weekend.
The reason SPD can't nail down a motive? There wasn't one.....at first.

This makes the most sense.

MooseMeMuch I agree!! I think their disappearances are a result of a sequence of chaotic events that began with an accident while Suzie and Stacy were out that night.
I've seen no evidence whatsoever to support this hypothesis.

The two most likely scenarios are retribution by one of the grave robbers and abduction by a sexual predator. A paid hit targeting Sherrill isn't too far fetched. Any other scenario is a real long shot.

I've seen no evidence whatsoever to support this hypothesis.

The two most likely scenarios are retribution by one of the grave robbers and abduction by a sexual predator. A paid hit targeting Sherrill isn't too far fetched. Any other scenario is a real long shot.

and you don't think all the other scenarios are not a 'real long shot'? jeez

The one I think is the most far fetched...'a paid hit targeting Sherrill'. Seriously?
IMO that is prejudicial and judgmental concerning an attractive divorce'.
Is there a 'solid' reason as to why anyone would target Sherrill?

Or only 'rumors' and 'conjecture'?
If Sherrill had been a wrinkly old fat woman.....IMO she would never be considered a 'target'.
Prejudicial and judgmental from the git-go.

and you don't think all the other scenarios are not a 'real long shot'? jeez

The one I think is the most far fetched...'a paid hit targeting Sherrill'. Seriously?
IMO that is prejudicial and judgmental concerning an attractive divorce'.
Is there a 'solid' reason as to why anyone would target Sherrill?

Or only 'rumors' and 'conjecture'?
If Sherrill had been a wrinkly old fat woman.....IMO she would never be considered a 'target'.
Prejudicial and judgmental from the git-go.
I don't think many people would describe Sherrill as attractive, so that comment doesn't make much sense.

Recently-divorced women being murdered through contract hits ordered by their ex-husbands is almost a proverb. And she was the only one who was supposed to be at home that night. It's a plausible theory, unlike the idea that an accident led to a triple-abduction and -homicide, which is pure fantasy.

Last edited:
If this was a series of events starting with an accident while the girls were out partying, then why add Sherrill to the mix? That doesn’t add up to me.

Wasn’t Sherrill OCD of sorts? Could she have done that to the purses?

You think Sherrill at gone 3am played with her daughters and her friends purses and then added her purse to the stairs leading down to her daughters room?

That wouldn’t be OCD that would be bat shiit crazy!!!

Can’t recall if I saw it on the disappeared episode or where but Mrs McCall said she was greatly concerned bc Stacy would not have left her meds for migraines and depression behind. Curious about a teen taking meds for depression. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery