MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time in a verdict watch thread. The only other case I watched in its entirety was the Casey Anthony trial, and I didn't know about WS then. Group hug to you all :).

Thanks for your perspective! I do think, though, that if they are claiming he was out "creeping around" because he was working that night, they should have had whomever he was contracted with/to as a witness!!! As well as a witness who could maybe speak to why he used a pay phone and not a cell phone (i.e. his phone was broken or he wasn't allowed to have one). It wouldn't have been everything, but it would have been something.
I agree. If those people exist then they should have been called. I don't think they exist.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I think I heard two women were the alternates. I did not watch jury selection. The Judge said the first 12 were the jury.

I think we will get a guilty verdict or hung jury. I do not think there will be a not guilty verdict JMO.

I think I heard two women were the alternates. I did not watch jury selection. The Judge said the first 12 were the jury.

I hope I'm never an alternate juror who is never called! I would HATE not being able to give my opinion.

I absolutely think he is guilty and i think there is enough evidence presented i'd still feel that way if I was on a jury and not know the 'other info' we do. But the friend of KT bothers me, especially since i read he is the foreman. I also feel the judge only presented himself as more unbiased during the trial because he knew he was on tv and being scrutinized.

Please like this post if you think the verdict will be NOT GUILTY.

Sorry I hit the wrong one and can't remove it now... I do not think the verdict will be not guilty I think it will be GUILTY

This is my first time in a verdict watch thread. The only other case I watched in its entirety was the Casey Anthony trial, and I didn't know about WS then. Group hug to you all :).
Thank you! I feel like we are a tight knit group here with some great people who respect each other. I'm so nervous. I need a drink & wish all of us here were together having one while we wait.

IMO

Thank you! I feel like we are a tight knit group here with some great people who respect each other. I'm so nervous. I need a drink & wish all of us here were together having one while we wait.

IMO

Now that would be fun.

I absolutely think he is guilty and i think there is enough evidence presented i'd still feel that way if I was on a jury and not know the 'other info' we do. But the friend of KT bothers me, especially since i read he is the foreman. I also feel the judge only presented himself as more unbiased during the trial because he knew he was on tv and being scrutinized.

Where did you read he's the foreman??

Sorry I hit the wrong one and can't remove it now... I do not think the verdict will be not guilty I think it will be GUILTY

There's a button to remove your thanks :).

IMO

I'm having one, but wish I were with you and a few others for sure! :)

I also read he was the foreman (at CC). I am confident both Sid and Tammy are guilty, not so confident there will be a guilty verdict, however. Hoping, but quite worried.

I want to thank everyone for all the great transcripts and helping us through this. Prayers for Elvis family and her friends and her friends here at WS.

Personally I think he is guilty, but I have spent two years watching this case. What cinched it IMO, was the social media antics by TM & SM. I've never seen anything like it before. Had they remained quiet, I might have had some reasonable doubt ...

Personally I think he is guilty, but I have spent two years watching this case. What cinched it IMO, was the social media antics by TM & SM. I've never seen anything like it before. Had they remained quiet, I might have had some reasonable doubt ...

I agree. I might have, too. Silence is golden.

:grouphug:

Here you go :grouphug::

I would have to vote Guilty too if I was there. Of Kidnapping and that's the key for me. I don't think I could have said guilty of murder at all. Not enough evidence to prove who killed her. But kidnapping yes and here is why. .

-Based on reasonable common sense she was going to meet SM and SM only. Based on his calls to her and her crying to Bri about it.
-SM initiated the call to her and it was to meet up. She then disappears.
-No other common sense explanation for her missing
-Then his/her actions afterwards put icing on the cake. Actions of a guilty party.

So the bottom line is common sense is telling me he took her and did something with her. OR in collusion with her but he was the initiator so he is guilty too. Key thing for me = guilty of kidnapping.

I am almost glad the murder charge was dropped. It made it easier since murder would have been a lot tougher for me to convict him of that. I do think they did that too but it would have been a tougher pill to swallow with the case they put on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member