MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

Heavy rain in the Twin Cities area right now - messy to dig - hope something is found.

I live in the neighborhood of this house and everyone is waiting patiently for some sort of resolution in this case. There is heavy rain, but the excavation areas were tented as soon as the location was secured perhaps to anticipate inclimate weather.

Never heard of this case prior - but it surely sounds like they have a valid reason for searching...

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

It sounds like the investigators have been working for a long time to get to do another full search on the family's property. It also states that they expect to be there for several days.

Just wondering what kind of equipment would make such loud noise (re: bolded) - any ideas what that could be?

Neighbors said school buses had been notified Friday not to come down Hemlock Lane on Monday; Terlinden did acknowledge authorities had been planning to execute the search warrant "for quite some time." Investigators from Hennepin County and the FBI are assisting in the investigation, Terlinden said.

Nobody has been arrested in connection with the girl's disappearance, he said.

He wouldn't comment on the tactics employed in the search, but on Sunday evening, sounds of heavy equipment could be heard emanating from the scene.

Terlinden wouldn't say whether authorities have searched the home before, but neighbors said there seemed to have been a similar investigative operation at the home a few years ago, although not to the same extent.

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_25788904/maple-grove-police-execute-search-warrant-at-home

Jack hammer to chop up concrete? That would be a loud piece if equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local news reported that it is untrue that they have done any digging. Up to this point, all searching has involved the house.

I didn't hear that. This article published today says LE has been excavating the yard today.

I don't know. I've never liked the seemingly total lack of...anything..on the part of her parents in seeking justice for Amy. I know people react differently to these tragedies, so I'll wait and see.

Also, wth is with the statement about the unicorn drawing? She gave it to LE hoping it could help them?

http://m.twincities.com/twincities/db_39829/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=4oV50IOD

This article was updated at 9:43 pm last night, but this quote might be from earlier in the day. Regardless, if digging hasn't begun yet, I'd say it's a sure bet that it will before the end of the week.
Investigators also revealed that no digging has been done at the Pagnac family home at this point in the search, and said that there are "no identified suspects" in the case; however, they've been at the home for more than 24 hours and have brought in storage units, manpower and processing tents. Even so, beyond what can be seen by cameras, police won't share any clues on what they are looking for.

"Our goal is to bring Amy back," Terlinden said.

According to Terlinden, Maple Grove police are "looking at all options," but police have yet to reveal what prompted them to look at all. The details of the search warrant remain sealed.
Law enforcement at the scene told Fox 9 they are prepared to remain at the scene 24/7 through the end of the week. The Pagnac family will not be allowed to return until they are finished.

Police also taped off the Forestview Pond Park tennis courts.

Attachments

• 3763540_G.jpg
    3763540_G.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 114
  • 3762490_G.jpg
    3762490_G.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 107
Sounds as if LE is on top of things. The story of the way she disappeared reminds me a bit of a woman who said her daughter was abducted from a walmart parking lot while the mom went to put up her cart but then LE found she had killed her child and dumped the body in a creek or somewhere and the child had never arrived in the car with her at the walmart parking lot. It was all just a story made up to account for why her child was no longer with her mom.

Not saying that is for certain what happened in this case but I can see why LE would want to look into such a possibility. They do have to be thorough.
And usually when there has been foul play one or more of those closest to the victim are most often involved in some way so LE has to start there, clear them first (if they can be cleared) and then widen the circle of their investigation a little at a time.

I will say though that it seems likely they have some evidence based reason for searching the home and its surroundings. Can't see them wasting so many resources otherwise.

Yesterday they dropped two huge shipping containers, and they have taken cases of things out of that house for examination. It is a very extensive search. The backyard is heavily "landscaped" which is probably making it difficult to bring large excavating equipment right away. Witnesses have reported seeing hand digging the last 2 days.

I also have not heard the loud sounds that were discussed.

Saw the headlines and it does seem like LE has a fairly good idea that she is on that property somewhere. They must have compelling evidence if the judge sealed the search warrant on a case that old, IMO.

I can't decide if the mom is naive or complicit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back