GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #2

Sources: Pierre Collins to Plead 'Guilty' to Son's Death

(Sent from KSTP)
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3868536.shtml?cat=1

"Sources told KSTP's Beth McDonough that talks began Saturday night between Collins and Hennepin County prosecutors. Sources said there was enough concern about getting a guilty verdict at trial that prosecutors pressured Collins to own up to Barway's death."

That story does not accurately reflect what would have occurred. Pierre Collin's own attorneys would have told him loud & clear of ALL of the evidence the government has against him, and it is A LOT.

IMO when Pierre Collins murdered his son as he did, PCollins TRULY thought he was going to get away with it and cash in on the $50K in life insurance proceeds. PCollins must have been having a heck of a good time NOT working & lying to his wife that he WAS working, and then he'd go out and hang with a few buddy ****s all day 'til he decided to go back home. I wonder WHO THE HECK PCollins would hang around with all day-every day when his wife thought he was 'at work' ???

So, once this is over, we, the public, will get access to the full autopsy report - that will include some duct-taping, we know, and 'blow/s to the innocent little child's head'.

Can people please email Beth McDonough (the reporter), and how about Mike Freeman (the head Hennepin County Attorney) and ask that we, the public, get to have a day where ALL of the evidence is spread out on tables to be filmed, so we can see it all? And, of course, we will all want to view ALL (each and every one) of the other evidence - we know there is Aldi & Cub grocery store videos, video of PCollins en route & perhaps right at the the Mississippi Park, and audio of PCollins' phone calls trying to buy 'more' insurance on the child 2 days prior to the horrific murder AND then either a 2nd call, or included in that same call, details of PCollins buying a new, 2nd $20K life ins. policy on the child (again, just 2 days prior to the slaughter/torture?), and his bank records, contents of his computers, all the gps data gotten from his cell phone, etc., etc.

I wonder, too, if his present wife had 'come around' and would testify the truth of all she knew at the trial, too (remember, we've been told, PCollins threatened to 'rape' the younger, 2-3 y old son - apparently that was one of his 'power ploys' to get his way with his wife).

And then there would be testimony of the prior Wisc. wife.

And Little Edwin's/Barway's bio' mom from Liberia would testify.

And all the police interviews!!! Of PCollins, present wife !! We want to view ALL of that !!

It's hard to wrap my own mind around how PCollins thought he was easily going to get away with all of this ---- but, think of it, in his small 'universe' (of which PCollins was King), he pushed his present wife around - lied to her, would threaten to rape their 2-3 y old to 'get his way', skip off whenever he wanted, had money in his pockets all the time WITHOUT having to hold down any job !, was out messing around with I am guessing a little select group of male Liberian cronies all day. I wish we knew who PCollins hung around with all day, what he did all day long when he was supposedly 'at work' (9,10,12,14 hrs???). I recall one report of a former 'croney' saying that some of the time PCollins would spend spying on his present wife, suspecting her of having an affair...

Well, one thing: It was a big shift for PCollins to take the guilty plea. Doing so gets him no 'better outcome' --- PCollins will now avoid having all those witnesses and evidence presented one by one, day by day, in court. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when PCollins was talking with his 2 defense attorneys: WHAT IN THE WORLD would PCollins have suggested to them would make for a solid 'defense' of PCollins?????????? I can think of UTTERLY NOTHING EXCEPT -------------------------------------------

the PASTOR taking the stand to be (PCollins') 'character witness'----- I can see 'Pastor' bringing those deep wicker 'collection money' baskets along to the trial & taking up a collection out in the courtroom halls.... no joking actually... .:seeya:

Sources: Pierre Collins to Plead 'Guilty' to Son's Death

(Sent from KSTP)
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3868536.shtml?cat=1

"Sources told KSTP's Beth McDonough that talks began Saturday night between Collins and Hennepin County prosecutors. Sources said there was enough concern about getting a guilty verdict at trial that prosecutors pressured Collins to own up to Barway's death."

Thank you for this update. I'm pleased there will be no trial. I admit I'm surprised that Collins is pleading guilty - it is somewhat satisfying to know he finally realized the world didn't believe his lies.

RIP Edwin (Barway).

I had no idea of this hearing until 10 minutes ago when I turned on the local news! PC in court right now. I don't suppose it will take more than a few minutes.

Rest In Peace Edwin.

A hearing got underway at 10:30 Monday during which Collins was to enter his plea, according to prosecutors. A news conference will be held shortly afterward by County Attorney Mike Freeman, Crystal Police Chief Stephanie Revering, a representative of the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office and others involved in the case.

Among those packing the hearing were Barway’s stepmother, Yamah Collins; Louise Karluah, his birth mother, who traveled from Liberia after his death, and Pierre Collins’ former wife, Jennifer Beaver, the mother of four of his children.

Beaver and Karluah embraced before the hearing, with Beaver telling Karluah, “I’m so sorry. I hope he goes to prison for the rest of his life.”

http://www.startribune.com/pierre-c...rder-of-his-10-year-old-son-barway/320476792/

I was glad but surprised to read that he intends to plead guilty. I did not expect that of him. I expected arrogance to prevent him. The state had really strong evidence. It would seem his attorney was able to convey to him how very strong the case was against him.

I had no idea of this hearing until 10 minutes ago when I turned on the local news! PC in court right now. I don't suppose it will take more than a few minutes.

Rest In Peace Edwin.

YES - REST IN PEACE, YOU POOR DEAR, INNOCENT PRECIOUS LITTLE CHILD !

PCollins will have to make a statement aloud in court - PCollins (Defendant) has to state the 'fact' in enough detail so that he states he committed Murder One (according to the wording of the MN Statute).

In the most recent prior 'very public' case here in Mpls./Hennepin Cty. area (it was here on WSleuths), a ex-BF gay lover murdered his ex-BF in a very, very public manner (at a local Holiday/SuperAmerica gas station, at say, 7am, plenty of witnesses as he shot the guy once as he started to try to run & then PLEADED for his life, shot again, again. The family of the murder victim in that case, at the 'guilty plea' hearing all came out afterward and said, 'He's still lying'.

WOW. Such an horrific crime this was.

imo OF COURSE he is going to prison for the rest of his life (sentencing will be a little later) - - NO WAY will he ever get put up for parole ! omg NO !

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/08/03/father-of-murdered-10-year-old-boy-in-court-monday/

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Twin Cities man has pleaded guilty to intentional murder in the second-degree in the death of his 10-year-old son, whose body was found back in March in the Mississippi River.
Pierre Collins, 33, entered his plea Monday morning in Hennepin County. He had been accused in April of killing his son, Barway Collins, and charged with second-degree murder. Sentencing is scheduled for later Monday morning.
“I killed my son,” he said in court Monday morning.

OMG !!!!!!! WHAT A LIAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE (imo) !!!!!!!!!!!!! AND (imo) THIS IS NOT JUSTICE FOR BARWAY !!!!!

"Pierre Collins entered a guilty plea to second-degree murder in the death of his 10-year-old son, Barway Collins. The Crystal, Minn. father was indicted on a charge of first-degree murder in June, but accepted a plea deal on the lesser charge that carries a sentence of 40 years in prison. "I am guilty because I killed my son," Collins told the judge.Collins said that on March 18 he was disciplining his son after school, then accidentally struck him too hard. Realizing Barway was dead, the cover-up and dumping of the body ensued."

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...-plea-in-murder-of-10-year-old-barway-collins

Liar, liar, pants on (eternal) fire!

I'm not interested in details of his death. I doubt the whole truth will ever be revealed - PC will have to live with that. Karma's a *****. I wish for everyone who loved Edwin to find peace.

I loved Darmana's post: Tells me to quit the way I was thinking. Focus on prayer for all. Thx !

I really liked how the Hennepin County Attorney, Mr. Mike Freeman, had this case get all wrapped up and finished super-quick (I've not seen plea & sentencing happen ..boom...boom...booom...DONE like this b4). I admire Mr. Freeman - think he's quite brilliant, so very caring and kind and compassionate - he is just full of love and goodness; this county is so fortunate to have him leading us. I imagine Mr. Freeman is a deeply prayerful person himself - he must be to do his job so well. WOW.

And there are more details....

"We wanted to spare Louise and other family members the grief and the agony of re-living this tragedy," Pastor Harding Smith said.
Pastor Harding Smith was asked if he plans to still support Pierre Collins despite being lied to so many times. He responded by saying yes because Pierre needs a minister in his life."

More at http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3870429.shtml

Pierre Collins must have been taken quickly up to St. Cloud, MN, which has the 'intake' prison for all prisoners. He'll spend the 1st 30 days in isolation, except for showers & I don't know this, but maybe a little time alone outside?? (I really have no idea on that...) Here's his new mugshotmug.jpg:

Remembering Barway Collins one year later

http://pressnews.com/2016/03/25/remembering-barway-collins-one-year-later/

Dozens of people gathered March 18 to somberly remember Barway Collins, the 10-year-old Crystal resident whose disappearance and death were continual front-page news at this time last year.

“Lord, we haven’t forgotten,” said Seyon Nyanwleh, who organized the memorials and has come to be the leader of “Team Barway,” some members of which wore shirts with Collins’ picture across the chest. “He left for us a smile.”

“Let us remember that Barway brought tears in the eyes of so many people who didn’t know him,” said Mamadee Sesay, Executive Director of Organization of Liberians in Minnesota, as Louise Kerkulah, Collins’ biological mother who flew back from Liberia after his disappearance, sobbed quietly behind him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back