MN MN - Christopher Kerze, 17, Eagan, 20 April 1990

The day he left home, he told his mother he wanted to stay home from school because of a bad headache. By 10 p.m., his parents grew extremely concerned when they couldn’t locate him. And it was apparent he had spent some time with the family’s beloved dog, a border collie-spaniel mix that was usually leashed. Christopher withdrew $200 from a bank account, but there was no indication he packed a bag. Officers did three major searches in the area of the abandoned car, and they later learned the teen may have hitchhiked a ride to an unknown destination.

Two unusual items that Christopher may have had with him when he disappeared. The items were a Mossberg 20-gauge bolt-action shotgun with a three-shell clip and a zebra print watch. It’s also believed he was wearing a light blue trench coat, black shirt, jeans and brown leather shoes.

Christopher left a note in his car explaining who was the owner of the vehicle. The car was found in a wooded area near the Continental Divide Wayside Rest on Hwy. 38 in Grand Rapids. Search dogs tracked his scent into the woods along an old logging trail, but the scent eventually disappeared.

http://www.startribune.com/woodbury...find-teen-son-missing-for-26-years/403470736/

Gut feeling? Suicide. I hope I'm wrong and he just wanted to disappear. He was so young and there are so many places to get lost up north.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Was he possibly getting bullied? I'm sure this theory has been pressed already but it's a definite possibility.

Uah

Gut feeling? Suicide. I hope I'm wrong and he just wanted to disappear. He was so young and there are so many places to get lost up north.

But why withdraw money? And if he left a note, a person who's about to take their own life would have most likely mentioned some sort of act that would implicate suicide?

Uah

Was the letter typed or handwritten? If handwritten, were they able to determine if Christopher wrote the letter or not?

I should probably clarify the anonymous letter from 2004.
But, Charley also states they received a note 2 days later about his intention to commit suicide. I wonder if that was verified as being from him.

But why withdraw money? And if he left a note, a person who's about to take their own life would have most likely mentioned some sort of act that would implicate suicide?

Uah
My thoughts....up thread there is an article where it details that he left with a shotgun and no shells. Speaking from experience it probably wouldn't have been that hard to purchase some. Not only that but it's a bit of s haul from home to where the vehicle was found. He'd need money for gas. There is also indication that he did send a suicide note. Again, mentioned up thread.

I really do hope he is alive and well somewhere but I'm not so sure. MOOs.....

Thanks I checked into it more. Yeah those definitely aren't good signs unless you want to draw suspicion. If it's suicide gun, a body should've been recovered. Not many cases of ppl hiding and committing the act. As well as you, I hope for the best too. This story tugged my interest so post more if you come across anything.

Uah

I do have a lot more questions than answers. I'd like to know if the letter received really came from him? Was he abducted? But then why? Could a 17 year old go off grid without a trace and thrive? What was going on in his life we don't know?

For sure. At around age 34 you could easily slip off the grid. Looks like a smart young man

Uah

I agree. Christopher sounds like a smart young man.
It looks like a lot of planning may have gone into his departure. Perhaps his plans went wrong somewhere along the lines and he met his demise. Or, maybe he did what he did (like taking the gun and sending the note from Duluth about a planned suicide) as a red herring, hoping no one would look for him. When that didn't work, maybe he sent the anonymous letter from WA.
Is it possible he took the gun without the ammo because he intended to sell it, not use it?
Could he have joined the military? My friend was able to join the USCG at 16, but I'm not sure if his mother had to give permission or not.
I know suicide likely, and that breaks my heart.

Uah

Maybe just enough money for his last day or two. Meals and gas and whatnot.

My gut says suicide, unfortunately. But anything is possible.

My gut says set up to disappear. Maybe the gun was brought knowing he would be traveling through woods. I use that same gun to deer hunt. Now his clothes....that's what doesn't sit right with me. Odd outfit...perhaps preparing for a few chilly nights ahead? I think it may have started out as a runaway with possible return later on, but realized he started a new life, and it was easy....so he stuck with it. Possibly a slight name change...or all the way paranoid name change. He may still be out there not wanting to ever come forward. Its been too long

Uah

Sadly I feel this is suicide and they never found him for whatever reason. It's very odd that he took out money and said he would be back in the note he left at home. I wonder if maybe he did not leave the house sure of committing suicide but thought about running away first and that is what the money was for? But maybe after he drove around for a bit he became more sure of his decision and sent the suicide letter? It's just tragic because he was so responsible--leaving a note at home and then leaving a note with the van saying it belonged to his parents. He could have been a great, level-headed contributor to society with those kind of thoughtful and responsible values and he was obviously a smart kid. My heart aches that his parents have spent all these years wondering and hoping he was out there alive. I feel like the 2004 letter was a hoax written by a "well-meaning" stranger or maybe even an acquaintance who knew the family briefly and wanted to give them some hope that Chris could be alive. IDK. I hope they find Chris before his parents pass away so the family has some closure.

Could this be Chris? This UP was found in 1995 in WI, possible TOD 1994. He'd be about 1 year outside of the age range and the height is a little off, but I see a resemblance the reconstruction. The isotopes for this JD puts him as being from the region/area.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/4757

Could this be Chris? This UP was found in 1995 in WI, possible TOD 1994. He'd be about 1 year outside of the age range and the height is a little off, but I see a resemblance the reconstruction. The isotopes for this JD puts him as being from the region/area.
Good find. Gonna check it out right now.

Uah

I'd have to say, in my opinion, that I see more similarities between this person, and the updateed pic of Christopher. Since 1995 was the year, I'd have to say no. It's close, but there's no definitive similarities between the two. Just my opinion but again, great find.

Uah

I'd have to say, in my opinion, that I see more similarities between this person, and the updateed pic of Christopher. Since 1995 was the year, I'd have to say no. It's close, but there's no definitive similarities between the two. Just my opinion but again, great find.Uah
The year of discovery or the estimated time of death don't really concern me so much, if Christopher just took off and didn't commit suicide or meet with foul play. He may already be ruled out, though. I think this John Doe has someone with a site looking for him and that person has a ton more names on the list than NamUs.

The year of discovery or the estimated time of death don't really concern me so much, if Christopher just took off and didn't commit suicide or meet with foul play. He may already be ruled out, though. I think this John Doe has someone with a site looking for him and that person has a ton more names on the list than NamUs.
The info matches. I didn't see a C.O.D. Is there one?

Uah

The info matches. I didn't see a C.O.D. Is there one?
Uah
I will have to look that up. It's an interesting case. There were several witnesses that claimed to have seen this young man swimming near where he was found, alive and well, in 1994. I'm thinking exposure, but that's conjecture at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back