Found Deceased MN - Gloria Rieken, 18, Minneapolis, 16 Nov 1970

I was at the U of M at that very same time.

There were 50,000 students there at the time.

How things have changed because of the internet. I never heard that there was a missing girl.

Those were very volatile times then. I imagine the police figured she ran off with someone. Sad

How do you mean volatile? What was going on locally?
Its very sad, she disappeared 5 days before her birthday.....

I’m not sure a suspect necessarily but he was definitely questioned. I don’t think the local police ever really cared about her at all.
How do I get them to actually take the time to revive the case?

A little off subject but I saw Netflix was/is rebooting the old show “unsolved mysteries” or whatever it was... I was thinking I could find a way to get her info into them??
Since you are a family member of Gloria you can request that the investigation into Gloria’s disappearance becomes an active case. Unless the case is closed then you can request the case to be reopened. A TV show would probably be the best way to raise awareness about her case. You should also contact local Minnesota news reporters about the case. You can also start a Facebook page for Gloria.

Does anyone know what high school Gloria attended or if she lived in another state before 1970?

Actually I just answered my own question. Gloria was born in Dodge, Minnesota according to Family search. If you want to access the link, it is on Gloria’s Doe network page.

It was a time of Vietnam War protests. Civil tights. Women’s rights.

You would hacpve to have been there. It was a time filled with tremendous energy.

Students and police were not friends

That is so sad. I’m sorry for your loss:( I noticed that it says she vanished in 1971. Is her mother still alive and searching?
Whoever wrote it could have been mistaken, I thought maybe it would help she’d some light on their location and what not..

the more I read about Timothy Crosby the more I feel she could have been one of his first victims

the more I read about Timothy Crosby the more I feel she could have been one of his first victims
Belinda VanLith and Gloria Share a striking resemblance. I mean they were both blonde and they both vanished in Minnesota in the 1970s. Timothy was likely responsible for the disappearances of these two and it’s just heartbreaking:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back