MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this new information i have found i feel it is extremely important that we determine with Joy and Jared if the car used was a police package edition or a standard consumer edition.

With this new information i have found i feel it is extremely important that we determine with Joy and Jared if the car used was a police package edition or a standard consumer edition.

The car in Jared's attack had a luggage rack on the roof, so in my mind that rules out the possibility of it being a police car.

The car in Jared's attack had a luggage rack on the roof, so in my mind that rules out the possibility of it being a police car.

Ok, was it added to a police package edition that was sold at an auction? Does Jared remember if the middle console was exclusively designed to fit a scanner into it?

Luggage rack on the roof

Last night I went to the gas station at about 12 15 am. While there I noticed a minivan taxi, and the driver that got out of it had a concealed handgun on his left side clipped to his belt. Is it possible that because Jareds perpetrator said he was late for an appointment at the Red Carpet, that he could be one of the numerous taxi drivers that sit there waiting to haul drunken people home?

I left thinking, remind me not to call that taxi service for a ride.

I think Jared would notice if it was a taxi

I think Jared would notice if it was a taxi

I think once Jacob was abducted and the circumstances were partially similar, that they should have taken Jareds ID of the vehicle and put up a billboard on Highway 23 asking Have You Seen This Vehicle? Its absolutely insane that the communities of Paynesville and Cold spring couldn't identify someone who drove that kind of car.

Believe me , there is so much that has gone on at that abbey that we will never know. And my personal opinion is that there are people in authority who are acutely aware of the potential for possible connections to certain cases.

When you've been able to do bad thing and hide them and get away with it for so long, you get good at it. And you might consort with your cohorts in endeavors that hold particular interest to you. And if you're willing to lie and deceive as a way of life, you most certainly have the potential to do much worse than the occasional assault on a student at the prep school or university. And who is going to confront you about it? No one.

The next problem becomes the evidence. But it's really no problem for someone living within the highly protected walls of the abbey. Not only are there tunnels and a plethora of myriad places in which to hide secret things, there are rural properties and cabins, some known to the public and some not. How easy it could be to get away with murder, so to speak

Interesting! Where is the luggage rack documented?

Believe me , there is so much that has gone on at that abbey that we will never know. And my personal opinion is that there are people in authority who are acutely aware of the potential for possible connections to certain cases.

When you've been able to do bad thing and hide them and get away with it for so long, you get good at it. And you might consort with your cohorts in endeavors that hold particular interest to you. And if you're willing to lie and deceive as a way of life, you most certainly have the potential to do much worse than the occasional assault on a student at the prep school or university. And who is going to confront you about it? No one.

The next problem becomes the evidence. But it's really no problem for someone living within the highly protected walls of the abbey. Not only are there tunnels and a plethora of myriad places in which to hide secret things, there are rural properties and cabins, some known to the public and some not. How easy it could be to get away with murder, so to speak

Definitlely so.

Interesting! Where is the luggage rack documented?

It was part of the car description given by Jared, printed in the Cold Spring Record. It was in the article that was accompanied by that original sketch of Jared's perp.

He points out the police with flashlights at his woodpile, but then never mentions the car in that call or to the deputy when he walked up to the scene.

I always turn my flashlight off when I steal wood from a woodpile that is near a house.

I always turn my flashlight off when I steal wood from a woodpile that is near a house.

Especially if the house is occupied.

I do try to keep my truck close by though because wood is heavy. I don't want to carry it too far.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Surely some bit of evidence must be there!!

When he realized they were police with the 911 operator, did the university grad inform that person of the vehicle that turned around in his driveway? If he forgot to do it then, then did he walk up and tell the responding officers? All in all when did DR first tell someone about the vehicles? Do we have that answer?

When he realized they were police with the 911 operator, did the university grad inform that person of the vehicle that turned around in his driveway? If he forgot to do it then, then did he walk up and tell the responding officers? All in all when did DR first tell someone about the vehicles? Do we have that answer?

This newspaper article from the St. Cloud Times had DR reporting the small car with lights close together in their Oct. 24th, 1989 edition. So he must have told at least a reporter that much on the 23rd. (Because it's in quotes, I think DR told this directly to the reporter.)

Link to Part 1 of article:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/times1.jpg.html?sort=4&o=21

Link to Part 2 of article:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/newarticle.jpg.html?sort=4&o=23

This newspaper article from the St. Cloud Times had DR reporting the small car with lights close together in their Oct. 24th, 1989 edition. So he must have told at least a reporter that much on the 23rd. (Because it's in quotes, I think DR told this directly to the reporter.)

Link to Part 1 of article:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/times1.jpg.html?sort=4&o=21

Link to Part 2 of article:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/newarticle.jpg.html?sort=4&o=23

If the Illinois grad, teacher, did not tell anyone about the vehicle turning around in his driveway before he went to bed that night, then he is guilty, imo.

I am getting very excited for Jacob's show this Saturday. The commercials on TV are starting to air. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500