MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope DR remembers Kevin at Christmas and birthdays. Without the tire tracks, this case would have been closed.

I hope DR remembers Kevin at Christmas and birthdays. Without the tire tracks, this case would have been closed.

It held for 15 years. Long enough for DR to hide this very well. How can we prosecute before Jacob is ever found? Is LE actually sitting on a written confession from DR.

It held for 15 years. Long enough for DR to hide this very well. How can we prosecute before Jacob is ever found? Is LE actually sitting on a written confession from DR.
I love you Joy for the attention you've brought but believe you could be the new unwitting Kevin--deflecting attention.

Sas, why would they sit upon confession and when would it have happened?

The body must have been meticulously hidden, books detailing how to destroy bodies are tracked by le. But, he had a lot of time. If I remember, he was not followed after crime.

Anyone got any ideas of why the news conference on Tuesday? Is it because of the 25th anniversary? Recent new info? Release of info they have been hanging on to? Is an arrest coming? political? What are the locals hearing ?

Anyone got any ideas of why the news conference on Tuesday? Is it because of the 25th anniversary? Recent new info? Release of info they have been hanging on to? Is an arrest coming? political? What are the locals hearing ?

There are plenty of articles locally, but I haven't heard anyone talking about it yet. I'm sure more people will be talking about Jacob once the press kits are handed out with photos, and the billboards go up. Which is probably what they're hoping for.

Some local articles:

http://www.voiceofalexandria.com/ne...cle_d96beb68-1dda-54f1-a030-0af98eecb131.html

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/10/11/new-effort-to-be-launched-to-find-jacob-wetterling/

http://wjon.com/jacob-wetterling-search-continues-25-years-later/

http://knsiradio.com/news/local/new-effort-find-jacob-wetterling/

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...-campaign-announced-25-years-after?source=rss

Another article form The Visitor (which is a St. Cloud Diocese Catholic newspaper) talks about the impact 25 years later:
http://visitor.stcdio.org/25-years-later-impact-abduction-still-lingers/?preview=true

"Narcissists do not consider the pain they inflict on others; nor do they give any credence to others' perceptions," says Dr. Les Carter in the book Enough of You, Let's Talk About Me (p. 9). "They simply do not care about thoughts and feelings that conflict with their own." Do not expect them to listen, validate, understand, or support you.

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/s...k-empathy-the-most-telling-narcissistic-trait

Trying to understand the POI's personality, imo.

"Narcissists do not consider the pain they inflict on others; nor do they give any credence to others' perceptions," says Dr. Les Carter in the book Enough of You, Let's Talk About Me (p. 9). "They simply do not care about thoughts and feelings that conflict with their own." Do not expect them to listen, validate, understand, or support you.

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/s...k-empathy-the-most-telling-narcissistic-trait

Trying to understand the POI's personality, imo.

A few things come to mind with regard to the above. First, DR has been able to maintain his employment within education, with increasing security, background checks and physiological screenings, even with being named the only POI in this case. Wonder why that is?

Second, I would think a narcissistic personality would have been obvious to one or more people within the education system and raised red flags at some point since 1989. Curious how you feel he has been able to maintain a status quo life since Jacob went missing? Perhaps it has and is being ignored by a complicit culture.

Third, if the above is true about DR, I cannot accept that Jacob would have been his only victim. Perhaps that is what LE is hung up on...there are indicators of more victims, but a lack of hard evidence.

Is it possible that the greater St Paul region is a statistical anomaly with a concentrated and ingrained pedophile population? The articles seem to point to this possibility, but then we may be concentrating on St Paul because of this case and other metropolitan areas may be as bad or worse.

When LE has a person brought to court, they are not saying, " Here is an innocent person. Find him/her guilty."

LE brings the person to court with evidence to show the person is guilty.

The COURT presumes innocence. The State must prove its case.

Being a narcissist does not get one fired from a job.

Who knows about his social life.

Does he have buddies?

I have no idea.

He didn't appear to have much on his FB, but that means nothing.

Charlton Heston seemed like a huge narcissist. The amount of posters and pictures he had of himself was almost comical. Yet he was very popular. So who knows.

Is there school in the St. Cloud area today? St. Joe, Rocori?

“He’s the only man who’s been, who you guys know about, who’s been named as a person of interest. He’s not the only person that they’ve looked at, and there are, there continue to be other people that they’re investigating.”

- Patty Wetterling on Dan Rassier, May 2013 (@3:44 – 3:55)

Broaden your vision or <modsnip>

Prov. 11:14

By all means....please feel free to step up and provide the info needed to prove his innocence...<modsnip>. Twenty-five years is a long time to convince your mind of being innocent so it's going to be pretty hard at this point. <modsnip>

What do you guys think of the upcoming news conference tomorrow? I'm curious to see if they will just be putting billboards up, or if perhaps they will share any new information. Maybe something gained from recent tips from this summer as well as The Hunt show.

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but will putting billboards up in the area of St Joes (where everyone already knows about this case) bring out any new information??!! Are there other things they could do that might yield better results?

A few things come to mind with regard to the above. First, DR has been able to maintain his employment within education, with increasing security, background checks and physiological screenings, even with being named the only POI in this case. Wonder why that is?

Second, I would think a narcissistic personality would have been obvious to one or more people within the education system and raised red flags at some point since 1989. Curious how you feel he has been able to maintain a status quo life since Jacob went missing? Perhaps it has and is being ignored by a complicit culture.

Third, if the above is true about DR, I cannot accept that Jacob would have been his only victim. Perhaps that is what LE is hung up on...there are indicators of more victims, but a lack of hard evidence.

Is it possible that the greater St Paul region is a statistical anomaly with a concentrated and ingrained pedophile population? The articles seem to point to this possibility, but then we may be concentrating on St Paul because of this case and other metropolitan areas may be as bad or worse.

This article is from 2012, we are very much still learning about narcissists and psychopaths. For instance, we know today that your own boss could be a psychopath and you wouldn't even know it.

"Don’t Get Taken in by the Flattery"

"Remember the process of splitting? After the narcissist adores you, he hates you. The narcissist will flatter the heck out of you in the beginning, projecting his fantasies of perfection onto you. If you have something that is valuable to him, he will think that you are wonderful. If you accept the flattery, you will have opened the door to a relationship. When the narcissist inevitably finds out that you are only human, he will become disappointed and then will totally devalue you, and you will be persona non grata. So, don’t be deceived by the flattery in the first place."

Does DR still help Joy?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...narcissistic-coworkers-some-unique-strategies

Involved in other crimes?

Joshua Guimond vanished without a trace 13 years after Jacob and only six miles from the farm. I'm still not ruling DR out on this one. There is info of a witness seeing a person out running around midnight that night.

What do you guys think of the upcoming news conference tomorrow? I'm curious to see if they will just be putting billboards up, or if perhaps they will share any new information. Maybe something gained from recent tips from this summer as well as The Hunt show.

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but will putting billboards up in the area of St Joes (where everyone already knows about this case) bring out any new information??!! Are there other things they could do that might yield better results?

It will be interesting to see what they have to say at that news conference. It could be just to revive interest in advance of the 25th anniversary date of the abduction, or perhaps they will give out new info they have received from tips. St. Joe is right on a major highway, so big billboards with Jacob's pictures (older pic and age advanced pic) may yield some info as they will be seen by a lot of people traveling through. It does seem to me that this is something that should have been done years ago - but I guess anything is worth a try.

It will be interesting to see what they have to say at that news conference. It could be just to revive interest in advance of the 25th anniversary date of the abduction, or perhaps they will give out new info they have received from tips. St. Joe is right on a major highway, so big billboards with Jacob's pictures (older pic and age advanced pic) may yield some info as they will be seen by a lot of people traveling through. It does seem to me that this is something that should have been done years ago - but I guess anything is worth a try.

Glad this is being done, but IMO at this stage a major reward needs to be offered.

By all means....please feel free to step up and provide the info needed to prove his innocence...<modsnip>. Twenty-five years is a long time to convince your mind of being innocent so it's going to be pretty hard at this point. <modsnip>

Innocence does not need to be proven, guilt does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge