MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some times I found from past threads and notes I had saved - you can incorporate those in your timeline (some already match):

boys left home at 8:30 pm
left store 9:02
9:15 abduction time
9:32 merle's 911 call - lasted 8 minutes
9:37 Kevin family heard report on scanner
cops arrived at wetterlings 9:40
wetterlings home by 10
polka fest at Del-Win went from 1 to 10 pm
Charlie Grafft (sheriff) boarded helicopter at 10:30 to help search
11:23 rassier 911 call

Ok, I changed to reflect these times although I don't think we know for sure that 9:15 is abduction time. This is exactly what I was looking for!! A Websleuther taking notes to try to help solve the crime :)

I spent pretty much all day today reviewing 300+ newspaper articles. I've come to the conclusion that it's pretty clear that LE put a fair amount of focus on Paynesville and DAH immediately after Jacob's abduction. The articles don't state his name, but knowing what we know now, I would say it's a fair bet. JMO.

LE has put in 25 years. What do they have to show for all the public $ and time? Not much, except they simply said they think DR may have done this. No reason why was given to the public nor was DR given a reason. Was naming DR a way to get LE off the hook? IT'S BEEN 25 YEARS!

Since 2010 LE has had several of the Rassier's possessions (maybe not even DR's but family possessions), supposedly waiting for technology to catch up. The FBI has the most advanced labs in the world and can't find anything? Truthfully, LE has nothing. There's the old adage, "Either s*** or get off the pot."

LE has put in 25 years. What do they have to show for all the public $ and time? Not much, except they simply said they think DR may have done this. No reason why was given to the public nor was DR given a reason. Was naming DR a way to get LE off the hook? IT'S BEEN 25 YEARS!

Since 2010 LE has had several of the Rassier's possessions (maybe not even DR's but family possessions), supposedly waiting for technology to catch up. The FBI has the most advanced labs in the world and can't find anything? Truthfully, LE has nothing. There's the old adage, "Either s*** or get off the pot."

Oh I think they're looking in the right place, Trino. We don't know yet if DR is guilty of anything, but apparently it is the top place to look.

Can someone please help explain why there's currently only a $5,000 reward for Jacob Wetterling http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3616749.shtml?cat=12196 and $25,000 for someone like Susan Swedell (who I'd never heard of and don't mean to imply her story is undeserving of a reward for information) https://dps.mn.gov/entity/soc/Documents/poster-spotlight-on-crime-susan-swedell-acc.pdf

I don't understand why there's such a drastic difference in the reward amount.

Anyone?

Could it possibly be because Susan is presumed alive and Jacob dead? (Clearly I hope not)

I do not understand. Theorectically in the US, evidence cannot be manufactured. So, this is what LE has.

If they want to provide a suspect, we see on here that there could have tons more that were actually known offenders. I forget. Is there something like 5000 in MN. Lots of choices if LE wants to fake that they did something,

So I guess I will go that they are prudent.

Can someone please help explain why there's currently only a $5,000 reward for Jacob Wetterling http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3616749.shtml?cat=12196 and $25,000 for someone like Susan Swedell (who I'd never heard of and don't mean to imply her story is undeserving of a reward for information) https://dps.mn.gov/entity/soc/Documents/poster-spotlight-on-crime-susan-swedell-acc.pdf

I don't understand why there's such a drastic difference in the reward amount.

Anyone?

Could it possibly be because Susan is presumed alive and Jacob dead? (Clearly I hope not)

Further, there's $50,000 for information on this guy who they know is dead.
https://dps.mn.gov/entity/soc/Documents/poster-spotlight-on-crime-jospeh-scriver-olson-acc.pdf

Someone, enlighten me!

I do not understand. Theorectically in the US, evidence cannot be manufactured. So, this is what LE has.

If they want to provide a suspect, we see on here that there could have tons more that were actually known offenders. I forget. Is there something like 5000 in MN. Lots of choices if LE wants to fake that they did something,

So I guess I will go that they are prudent.

Theoretically. Not saying it's manufactured, but it could simply be a) idea of no car present, b) nearest male with no one else around. There aren't tons more known. If there were tons more known, LE would have DR behind bars. (Not saying DR is guilty. I'm saying LE says he's a POI.)

The Wetterlings must be saints. While it may not help, I would be in the faces of LE every moment I could so so.

Further, there's $50,000 for information on this guy who they know is dead.
https://dps.mn.gov/entity/soc/Documents/poster-spotlight-on-crime-jospeh-scriver-olson-acc.pdf

Someone, enlighten me!

May have answered my own question, in part: https://dps.mn.gov/entity/soc/Pages/spotlight-faqs.aspx

But I'd still love thoughts on why this is and why Jacob's case has not been selected.

The only logical conclusion to me is that LE assumes 1 loner perp acting totally alone. IMO that's their #1 mistake.

What i think happened is the abductor was planning on releasing jacob but something went wrong (would have no idea what) and he decided not to.

This is just one reward by one group, correct? There is a bigger reward by others? Will do some digging...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't a reward also depend on gifts?

I found this interesting quote from the sheriff. A pin head? And, the FBI was unable to find a link between J and DR? If the sheriff is correct, then there probably isn't one.

"Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek used to investigate homicides. He said just a very small amount of bone fragment a pinhead-size bit of blood is enough to find DNA, even 20 years later, even if it's been burned.

"It's very hard to destroy all evidence related to a crime," said Stanek."

Theoretically. Not saying it's manufactured, but it could simply be a) idea of no car present, b) nearest male with no one else around. There aren't tons more known. If there were tons more known, LE would have DR behind bars. (Not saying DR is guilty. I'm saying LE says he's a POI.)

The Wetterlings must be saints. While it may not help, I would be in the faces of LE every moment I could so so.

Can anyone provide documentation fro LE where they specifically state that DR is a POI? News release, Press conference? Because he was interview and they tore up his yard doesn't make him a suspect. In today's day of internet and social media, you may want to tread lightly on any accusations that can be deemed to lower someone in public perception. Just a suggestion, but go ahead and grab straws as you may, just beware the consequences....

Can anyone provide documentation fro LE where they specifically state that DR is a POI? News release, Press conference? Because he was interview and they tore up his yard doesn't make him a suspect. In today's day of internet and social media, you may want to tread lightly on any accusations that can be deemed to lower someone in public perception. Just a suggestion, but go ahead and grab straws as you may, just beware the consequences....

Well documented in MSM that DR was named a POI. See specific links in post #5 here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2-Oct-1989-***MEDIA-THREAD***NO-DISCUSSION***

This news story from the Mpls. tribune states that DR was named a person of interest.

First part of article: http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/2010search1.jpg.html?sort=4&o=33
Second part of article:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/2010search2.jpg.html?sort=4&o=34

It also answers a couple of questions we've had..

Why we can't know what was in the search warrants:
"Judge Vicki Landwehr said their disclosure now "could cause future related searches to be unsuccessful and could create a substantial risk of severely hampering this ongoing investigation."

There were cadaver dogs used at the 2010 search.
"Publicly, the investigation seemed relatively quiet in recent months -- until last Wednesday, when authorities returned to the farm, this time with cadaver dogs, trucks and backhoes."

It was one of DR's relatives (his brother - stated in other articles) who started this story:
"A relative told the Star Tribune in 2004 that the man, said by some investigators to be on a short list of potential suspects, even called authorities that night to report a suspicious car turning around in his driveway."

Why LE was suspicious of DR:
"While the man was questioned in 1989, several investigators have said over the years that his answers always left them "uncomfortable."

I'm sorry I don't see any direct comment/statement made by law enforcement. I see statements made by news stations who sometimes tend to sensationalize things to make a story more than it is. Does anyone have anything that can be quoted directly back to a law enforcement officer???

Ok, I found it. Funny how investigators say they don't really have anything, no smoking gun, a shot in the dark....... Then Sanner says the farmers son is a POI. There's a reason for their silence on this issue and it's not to protect the investigation, THEY HAVE NOTHING! Same old, same old Stearns county investigations and flat out lies to the public. I know first hand how those clowns operate and I can assure you, the evidence in the last search warrants should be questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500