MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a problem with the 2 suspect theory, especially 2 perps who are pedophiles. I think 2 grown men could subdue and control 3 boys and would if this were the case. Taking all 3 boys off the street leaves no witnesses and gives perps more time for whatever their plan was when they took the boys.

I only see 1 perp. A person who has been fantasizing and planning this very situation for many years as he observed these boys coming and going up the street in front of his home for a while in the daytime. 1 perp who is so clever he obliterated most if not all of his own footprints and possibly planted Jacob's print right next to Kevin's tire track to make it look like Jacob was driven away. So cunning he thought nothing of lifting up the crime scene tape and walking over the evidence the morning after the abduction. Gutsy enough to drive past cops with a car full of instrument boxes (was Jacob in there?) and spoke of the fact that cops didn't even check the boxes. So incredibly intelligent that he has done this before but far away from home. Very, very clever in hiding his desires and twisted crimes. Hiding behind a front of social awkwardness and matter-of-fact strange statements.

Just my opinion of course.

This is how rumors and misinformation get started. It has NEVER been established that DR was molested, by anyone, let alone Fr. Gillespie. Careful wording of your statements, please everyone.

Yes, Fr. Gillespie was the priest at DR's church.

Let me clarify, IF the named person of interest, Dan Rassier was the abductor of Jacob Wetterling then we must find out how he came to be a pedophile (why else would a grown man snatch a boy off the street?)

If there is a known pedophile priest that was in DR's life as he grew up, it would be a fair assumption that DR may have been a victim of that pedophile as were other boys. If DR was a victim, it is a very good possibility that his whole sexual self was built upon that predatory relationship. Since that type of relationship (man overpowering young boy) is not socially acceptable and he knows it, he does it in a way or ways that make sure he will not get caught. It is just part of a theory and working of the police department's naming DR as a person of interest. In no way is this a factual statement as all of you, I am speculating given the facts that we already have available.

I have a close relative who used to sell farm machinery and on many occasions Delbert Huber met with him at the business to negotiate or purchase whatever farm equipment and no such stench was detected. Even people who live in squalor have access to water to wash up before they go into town.

Delbert Huber was often seen at the grocery store in Paynesville wearing latex style rubber gloves supposedly because he was a germ-a-phobe. Explain that! IMO he was a paranoid freak and didn't want to leave his finger prints anywhere.

If it's possible DR can fake a low raspy lisp less voice then it's more than possible DH can wash his pits.

Really? You have actually discussed this with people? He may have water but you cannot get rid of the stink of cat urine and chicken poop. It permeates everything, most of all clothing.

You've been doing your homework. Stearns County Sheriff's department has this information, but apparently it didn't lead anywhere. Assuming of course that the information was followed up on.

I joined this forum to discuss the facts and hypotheses surrounding this case based on publicly available information. That is what this forum is for, by definition, because it can’t pretend to be a forum for others “in the know”. Therefore, dismissive comments about other people’s ideas solely because you surmise LE has more hard data than we do does not advance the conversation, nor does it make much sense in this context. All of us, perhaps save a few in the know who inexplicably want to spend their time here, are limited by the amount of information we can access.

~ svh

Let me clarify, IF the named person of interest, Dan Rassier was the abductor of Jacob Wetterling then we must find out how he came to be a pedophile (why else would a grown man snatch a boy off the street?)

If there is a known pedophile priest that was in DR's life as he grew up, it would be a fair assumption that DR may have been a victim of that pedophile as were other boys. If DR was a victim, it is a very good possibility that his whole sexual self was built upon that predatory relationship. Since that type of relationship (man overpowering young boy) is not socially acceptable and he knows it, he does it in a way or ways that make sure he will not get caught. It is just part of a theory and working of the police department's naming DR as a person of interest. In no way is this a factual statement as all of you, I am speculating given the facts that we already have available.

There is no evidence that DR was ever sexually assaulted. Please read previous posts.

Should we remember that the FBI was involved in this case for several months, not just the local LE. While the local LE may have not done a thorough investigation, one would think the FBI would have investigated many leads. It would be interesting to see their records, especially if it is considered by posters that J may have been taken to Utah. That's crossing state lines, of course.

The FBI profile initially described the abductor as a white man, 25-35 years old, employed in a low-skilled job with a low self-image probably stemming from a physical deformity such as acne or scars. After the Cold Spring abduction, the description was changed to 45-50 years old and possibly military.

Further, according to the FBI, after the Cold Spring abduction, the drawing of the prime suspect resembled an earlier sketch of a man wanted for questioning for following or otherwise bothering youngsters in the area.

If this last FBI statement is correct, certainly DR would have been recognized.

Should we remember that the FBI was involved in this case for several months, not just the local LE. While the local LE may have not done a thorough investigation, one would think the FBI would have investigated many leads. It would be interesting to see their records, especially if it is considered by posters that J may have been taken to Utah. That's crossing state lines, of course.

The FBI profile describes the abductor as a white man, 25-35 years old, employed in a low-skilled job with a low self-image probably stemming from a physical deformity such as acne or scars

What we really need to remember is that the FBI / LE tried to get DR to confess to the crime. They don't do that with just anyone without a decent amount of evidence...even if circumstantial...to back it up.

What we really need to remember is that the FBI / LE tried to get DR to confess to the crime. They don't do that with just anyone without a decent amount of evidence...even if circumstantial...to back it up.

I don't know the FBI tried to get DR to confess. LE did.

There is no evidence that DR was ever sexually assaulted. Please read previous posts.

I know there is no evidence, we are here speculating about what happened to Jacob Wetterling and how it could have happened. Many if not all of us are speculating with the facts that are known.

DR is the only named person of interest
FR Gillespie worked at DR's church
FR Gillespie is a known pedophile

Did Gillespie abuse DR when he was a young boy?

I would like to throw something out there. It may be far fetched but I am wondering if the abductor used a chemical to make jacob subdued and unconscious. If you take note DR worked at St Boniface Hospital in Cold Spring for awhile and LH worked at Utah hospital. Both would have knowledge about chemicals. Or could be a household chemical. Easier to carry JEW. I don't know I see him being carried and in a drugged state of mind.

I joined this forum to discuss the facts and hypotheses surrounding this case based on publicly available information. That is what this forum is for, by definition, because it can’t pretend to be a forum for others “in the know”. Therefore, dismissive comments about other people’s ideas solely because you surmise LE has more hard data than we do does not advance the conversation, nor does it make much sense in this context. All of us, perhaps save a few in the know who inexplicably want to spend their time here, are limited by the amount of information we can access.

~ svh

I should have stated it more clearly in my remarks, but I was actually complementing you for your research. There ate interesting connections there, especially given reported Jacob sightings. I'm glad you made them independently.

I included the bit about Stearns County so that you knew the information had been reported.

After the Cold Spring abduction, the description was changed to 45-50 years old and possibly military.

Further, according to the FBI, after the Cold Spring abduction, the drawing of the prime suspect resembled an earlier sketch of a man wanted for questioning for following or otherwise bothering youngsters in the area.

If this last FBI statement is correct, certainly DR would have been recognized.

That would only apply if the two cases were done by the same perp and I seriously don't think they were. I believe all the suspect sketches / misc info from Jared's case are part of what damaged Jacob's case from the beginning. Everyone trying to find Jacob was looking for the person(s) in those famous sketches and Jacob's abductor wore a black nylon mask and his abductors voice has NEVER been described as being deep or raspy. It was described as sounding like he had a cold.

I would like to throw something out there. It may be far fetched but I am wondering if the abductor used a chemical to make jacob subdued and unconscious. If you take note DR worked at St Boniface Hospital in Cold Spring for awhile and LH worked at Utah hospital. Both would have knowledge about chemicals. Or could be a household chemical. Easier to carry JEW. I don't know I see him being carried and in a drugged state of mind.

Chloroform would be easy?

~ svh

I know there is no evidence, we are here speculating about what happened to Jacob Wetterling and how it could have happened. Many if not all of us are speculating with the facts that are known.

DR is the only named person of interest
FR Gillespie worked at DR's church
FR Gillespie is a known pedophile

Did Gillespie abuse DR as a boy?

Very good points. Not DR, but an R very close by.

This is where I’m at so far, I’ll go through each and explain/support in follow up posts:

The eyewitness details provided by Aaron and Trevor were accurate.

The image shown below can be matched to the original composite for the Jared assault case, which we can now see was extraordinarily accurate.

On 23 November 1988 S1 was placed on administrative leave from his job as a band teacher at Palo Verde High School, NV, then finally let go on 16 December 1988. He was reported to have been a “long time” band director there.

On 22 October 1989 JEW was abducted at S2’s house. S1 was present and was the person who confronted the three boys during the abduction.

September, 1990, a sexual assault victim of S1 first told his parents that S1 had molested him. The victim also informed the Douglas County, NV authorities.

On 15 April, 1991, the State of NV filed a criminal complaint against S1 and issued a warrant for his arrest.

On 29 May 1991 S1 was a resident of Utah, and lived in the larger Salt Lake City, Ogden area.

On 11 February, 1992 S1 was sentenced to serve 10 years in the Arizona State Prison system (later, the NVSC overturned his conviction on appeal on the grounds of an invalid tolling of the statute of limitations).

From 1994 to 2010 S1 was released from prison in NV and lived in the Salt Lake City area of Utah.

During that same time from 1994 to 2010 S1 worked at the University of Utah Hospital.

In 2013 S1's FB page was discovered and the entire account was closed within 48 hours, the only apparent reason being that this discovery exposed the FB page as being associated with the Jacob Wetterling case.

For reasons I’ll explain, I suspect JEW survived for a considerable time after his abduction. Thus far I suspect that JEW was in the Salt Lake City area of Utah from about 25 October 1989 to about 1 January 1991, at least. Temporary residence may have occurred in IL as well.

The details provided are only that which is most likely so far. I’ll attempt to strengthen each claim as I go.

~ svh

Please note, the face on the right is age progressed 22 years and is likely the same man at greater weight.

I happen to agree with with you. I think you are spot on and am looking forward to hearing the rest.

You have gone entirely where the facts/evidence has led. Just because the FBI and/or sheriff has been involved does not mean that this man is innocent because they have never arrested him. They are not always thorough.

I should have stated it more clearly in my remarks, but I was actually complementing you for your research. There ate interesting connections there, especially given reported Jacob sightings. I'm glad you made them independently.

I included the bit about Stearns County so that you knew the information had been reported.

Thank you. Government agencies are like information black holes, imo, so it is invariably true they will have more information at their disposal. My only hope is that they have wise and experienced people putting that information together; putting 2 and 2 together.

~ svh

You're welcome. Government agencies are like information black holes, imo, so it is invariably true they will have more information at their disposal. My only hope is that they have wise and experienced people putting that information together; putting 2 and 2 together.

~ svh

I am surprised that no one is asking you more questions about your deduction. Instead it appears that everyone is suggesting that you are wrong.

All investigative timelines in this case show hardly any activity since 2004. In fact nothing happened from 2004 until the dig in 2009. Kevin coming forward broke the case, and now we wait more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle