MN MN - St Paul, GRAPHIC, WhtMale 20-40, UP12123, frozen in vacant bldg, layers of clothing, Feb'85

I don't know whether modifying another person's sketch is appropriate or not, but I live a block from the building where this man was found and I can't stop thinking about it. I figure, the more versions of images of this man exist, the more likely he will be identified. Either way, keeping the original sketch signature intact. If not appropriate let me know, and I will remove this post.

Used FaceApp, which was all the rage a few months back for aging and face manipulation in general. The sketch had enough detail for facial features to be identified and manipulated.

The results.

FaceApp_1575837847786.jpg Tight smile

FaceApp_1575837887266.jpg No beard

FaceApp_1575839097127.jpg Moustache

FaceApp_1575837921846.jpg Young

Last edited:
I keep going back to Bernard Ross. There is every reason to believe he was lost to our Maine woods but I keep coming back anyway. Going to throw him up for thoughts.

Bernard Ross Jr. – The Charley Project

Wow, all he needs is a perm. Which in 1985 is entirely possible.

Ross's Namus: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

He's been compared to a number of UIDs all across the country, so I don't think they're limiting where he might have gone.

I need to learn how to do side by sides on my new computer...

Has anyone considered Andrew Viater? His pic might be deceiving, as no beard or curly hair, but the profile says his hair was curly, and he disappeared from the same part of the country.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I'm pretty sure Viater is on the ruleouts. Let me go check...

Yes, he's ruled out. Here's the list The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

MP19371 Craig Alexander 01/28/1985 Chittenden VT
MP2421 Mark Clarke 12/01/1983 Jackson NC
MP11644 Mitchell Hein 02/01/1983 Jefferson CO
MP1890 David Thomson 07/04/1979 Hennepin MN
MP20159 Andrew Viater 01/22/1980 Ashland WI

Last edited:
Hi Lunar, it would be really useful if you could let us know why you think each person is a fit (ie: is it their particular data/dates or look, something else?) Thanks for posting!

In the search on namus, I used the age range 20-40 (1945-65) and missing before 1985. I then just went through pics by looks. I excluded any that had identifying features (tattoos, missing digits, etc), as I would think that would have been noted for john doe. I included some with lighter/straighter hair based solely on face, but most have dark curly hair. His nose is very distinctive, and that was my focus.

I have something with this man

Benard Joseph Hudalla – The Charley Project

No curls, missing from St. Paul, MN 1983...21 yrs...mental problems, 5'9....beardy...
benard_joseph_hudalla_1.jpg
benard_joseph_hudalla_2.jpg

The links we get from Namus no longer include the missing person's name or even case number, which is very annoying. I think I got the right name with the right link.

Angelo Nicola Gatti. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Pete David Campbell. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Michael Lee Pickering. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Paul Joseph Fuchs. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
David Reuben Boniske. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Bruce Neal Walls. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Mark Stephen Weisman. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Samuel Arthur Todd. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I think most of these guys are possibles and should be looked into some more.

I'm totally on board with Samuel Arthur Todd. If you look at the tiny skinny photo of him in the stylish suit, you can see his hair is pretty curly--he's wearing it long and I think pulled back in ponytail, which tends to pull it out, but you can see where it would curl if it was shorter and loose.

Pretty sure Weisman has been suggested before but not ruled out. I don't know whether he was submitted.

The links we get from Namus no longer include the missing person's name or even case number, which is very annoying. I think I got the right name with the right link.

Angelo Nicola Gatti. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Pete David Campbell. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Michael Lee Pickering. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
David Reuben Boniske. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Mark Stephen Weisman. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Samuel Arthur Todd. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I'm totally on board with Samuel Arthur Todd. If you look at the tiny skinny photo of him in the stylish suit, you can see his hair is pretty curly--he's wearing it long and I think pulled back in ponytail, which tends to pull it out, but you can see where it would curl if it was shorter and loose.

Pretty sure Weisman has been suggested before but not ruled out. I don't know whether he was submitted.

I like Weisman....

You amaze me. Thanks Hug!

So, I noticed Samuel Todd's NAMUS says he has two scars on his left cheek, just under his eye.

If you zoom in on the profile of the decedent, there are some pixels that look like scars.

Um. Where can I submit a tip?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I am about to email the head investigator now, and I'll be sure to let you know what she says.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back