Found Deceased MN - William 'Harry' Hempy, 21, Rochester, 25 March 2015

Since there is nothing to find on MSM lately, I looked on twitter and found this video news report from Uof Illinois journalism students from April 2. The story is the leading report. His academic adviser is interviewed and there is information regarding the Univ of Ill police talking to him on March 11 and giving him some resources. He was referred to mental health services after some issue with a couple of women.

https://vimeo.com/124029489

This just isn't looking like its going in a positive direction.

Search continues for missing college student
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Authorities continue to search for a missing college student.

21-year-old William “Harry” Harrison Hempy of Rochester was last heard from on March 25. Hempy was home from the University of Illinois on spring break and spoke with his father via cell phone. The Rochester Police Department says cell phone records show Hempy’s phone was last used in the area of 55th Street NW and West River Road.

In that call, Hempy told his father he had gone for a run and would not be home in time for a scheduled outing.

Investigators say they have considered all the possibilities and circumstances surrounding Hempy’s disappearance and have worked closely with his family and University of Illinois police. Rochester Police say that family and friends have described Hempy as someone who recently rediscovered his religious beliefs and was eager to share those beliefs with others.
http://kimt.com/2015/04/15/search-continues-for-missing-college-student/

I wonder if he was sharing his religious beliefs with the women at college and that's why campus police were called.

JMO - sounds like he may have had a jumble of emotions. Stress of keeping up his high grades. Stress of graduating. Even stress on a newly found spirituality/religion. I've seen people be so excited about the Faith they have finally found they cannot stop talking about it. I pray he didn't do anything to himself. I pray no one else did anything to him. I hope he just needed a time out from life and will be back.

my condolences to harry's loved ones :(

:rose: harry......gone to soon
:rose: strength to those that love him

Hi I was one of Will's two best friends if anyone wants anymore information on this case give me a post back. There is alot that was left out of this case that is very integral to this case in all actually.

I'm going to post in tidbits because my post will be to long then.

Anyways I was Will's friend starting in the sophomore year of highschool. He was my tennis doubles partner in JV. When I moved up in rank we didn't play together for year but still hang out on the bus, eat, watch tennis , hang outside of school. We never really good friends over the years and eventually developed into a relationship over time. Here is my precursor story of what happened before Will's dissaperance.

Will my friend and I were a three man best friend group. The other friend and I are still best friends. We had great fun together playing videogames and playing a card game called yugioh over the weekends. We all lived relatively closed to one another in highschool as well.
Will was a person who had a great personality and was intelligent. I remember being in calculus with him and he was better than me in calculus. However we noticed one strange thing about will. He kept his family life totally seperate. Usually during your teenage years you'd complain to your friends about family stuff but Will rarely would ever do this.

Will was into video games very heavily. We'd play videogames on the weekend with each other and hit a few tennis sets together as well. Video games were a very integral part of Will. Keep this in mind for later.

Over college though he observed that I was doing a degree in mathematics and philosophy. Will became very interested what I studied in philosophy. He had general questions about the philosophy of AI , philosophy of religion , and specifically Nietschze. I informed him as much as I could but always warned him that he needed to not believe everything that philosophers tell you to believe. It is okay to disagree. He did this throughout all the time until I last spoke to him.

Will has always had troubles with religion even during his highschool days. He also had a problem with his father in which he ran away for a day or two but he showed back up. Thus this instance is not the first time that Will has gone missing. His parents were Catholic and held jobs. That is all I knew about them really. He really did keep his family life seperate from his social life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back