Found Deceased MN - William 'Harry' Hempy, 21, Rochester, 25 March 2015

I spoke to will while we were at seperate colleges over the years and always hang out on big breaks. Will didn't have very many friends at UoIUC while he was in college. Just one he said. I forget this friend's name else I would have contacted him. If he somehow sees this post I would really like for him to contact me.
He moved to a new place his final year of college outside of the campus. Will said He lived with a guy who dealt drugs. He got free internet. However by him living there I saw his hair being unkept. His face having bad acne breakouts and a look of despair on his face. However he went to the gym religiously and showed me his six pack.

He confided in me and we developed an actual relationship over the years. With his questions in philosophy he questions got stranger and stranger into him looking into weird cults. I have never heard or seen him doing cult stuff but he just looked at cult websites. It was brought up because I'm interested in Cicada puzzles.

Anyways we grew on each other and started to form a relationship. He came back home in January. I went over to his place and cuddled with him on the couch while we watched a movie. After a few days or so I was messaged from him "I'm sorry I can't be friends with you anymore" . I asked him why. I was given no response.

Three days before his dissaperance he left some white packages on my parents doorsteps giving them to my step mom. All my step mom said to me was that some guy with blonde hair dropped packages off for me. I never thought itd be will because of our relationship being severed.

I was given as call by Will's mother about if I knew where will was. I asked Dr why. She repeated her question. I said I didn't and she immediately hung up.

A lightbulb goes off in me and I immediately tell my dad to open the packages . They are all of Will's video games and video game systems. No note was in any of the games or attached to any of the game systems.

My dad is the one who brought my into video games and he knows how integral they can be to people. I had my dad call Will's parents because I was having classes at that time. Will's parents said that Will was letting go of video gaming and wanted to give it away to someone in need. I was not in need at all though. Was this a cry out? I don't know. I assume it was. At this point after my dad calls me and relays information I take the next two days off from classes in order to call friends to see if they know anything. Suprisingly nobody except the other best friend one time spoke to Will after Will broke things off with me. But nothing was suspicious of that conversation. They'd usually talk computer science stuff that I know nothing about. Thus I worried for Will for about 6 weeks wondering where he is and taking in the constant updates from my family members.

When Will turned up we had no idea why he died there in that specific place. there is no significance to that place as much as we know of. No autopsy reports have been shared outside of the family member circle that I know of. I do not suspect this was an accident. I believe the family writes this death off as an accident instead of a suicide because of their religion. (Think about it, does any Catholic family want their son's death to be a suicide?) I believe one of the reasons why Will ran off was because of my acceptance in regards to his parents. I knew Will atleast liked me and I liked him back more than a friend. I can tell this is one of the reasons why because his parents tried to disregard me fully at his funeral.

The funeral was surreal to me because the Will I spoke to over the years of time . They portrayed him as a Catholic guy who really loved God. When I went into the funeral his parents didn't even acknowledge my existence. His sister did though and talked to both the best friend and I. While the parents talked to the Best friend only. I was frustrated by the funeral but I let the funeral go off because it's the parents and families time to grieve and that is their image of Will.

The best friend and I were standing and his mom was talking to the best friend completely ignoring me. He said that I was the one that Will talked to and connected to the most and didn't really consider himself to be the best friend of Will, rather me.

I told my friend after the funeral that what will was presented as and what will presented to us about himself were two entirely different things. He agreed. We both went to go get swords to commemorate his death.

I would love in the future to sit down with his parents to have a discussion about this to close this case fully. However, this has not happened.

I've been through phases where I didn't do philosophy for about a month crying and blaming myself in my advisors office because me having thoughts of me telling him philosophy stuff leading him to think certain things. Even though I've earned him about not believing everything he hears in philosophy. I've been in really depressive phases where I didn't know if I could ever date after this instance. I've been through counseling for this as well.

I have given all my information I had to the police for the search of will though and tried my best to be the best person for him. I miss him tons and there is not one day where I cannot think about him.

I told my friend after the funeral that what will was presented as and what will presented to us about himself were two entirely different things. He agreed. We both went to go get swords to commemorate his death.

I would love in the future to sit down with his parents to have a discussion about this to close this case fully. However, this has not happened.

I've been through phases where I didn't do philosophy for about a month crying and blaming myself in my advisors office because me having thoughts of me telling him philosophy stuff leading him to think certain things. Even though I've earned him about not believing everything he hears in philosophy. I've been in really depressive phases where I didn't know if I could ever date after this instance. I've been through counseling for this as well.

I have given all my information I had to the police for the search of will though and tried my best to be the best person for him. I miss him tons and there is not one day where I cannot think about him.
Thank you for sharing. You've probably heard this over and over... But don't blame yourself. If you hadn't spoken to Will about philosophy he would have found out some other way. I can't help but think that his putting a halt to your relationship was his way of hoping you wouldn't be hurt by his future actions. He cared. The gift of his beloved gaming system says it all. He trusted you, I think. I'm no expert. I'm glad Will had you on his life!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing. You've probably heard this over and over... But don't blame yourself. If you hadn't spoken to Will about philosophy he would have found out some other way. I can't help but think that his putting a halt to your relationship was his way of hoping you wouldn't be hurt by his future actions. He cared. The gift of his beloved gaming system says it all. He trusted you, I think. I'm no expert. I'm glad Will had you on his life!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was about to respond, but this is such a sweet response and summed it up well.

Thinking of you brando. Heal well. You were a good friend to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back