MO MO - Christina Whittaker, 21, Hannibal, 13 Nov 2009

This is a sad story. I don't think this is going to have a good out come, prays for the family.

New article (source: LINK)

Whittaker’s mother praying for a miracle

Hannibal, MO —

“I knew from the first day something was very, very wrong,” said Cindy Young, whose 21-year-old daughter, Christina Whittaker, has been missing from downtown Hannibal since Friday, Nov. 13.

“They found her phone on the ground on South Seventh Street,” a few blocks from the bar where she was last seen, Young said.

“She has a 6-month-old baby,” she added. “I know she did not run off. She has never did it in her life." “She called me constantly during the day - she wouldn’t go half a day without calling me,” Young said. “I cannot remember one day in her lifetime I have not talked to her on the phone or in person. There have been time she’s had two phones, texting on one and talking on the other.”

As news about Whittaker’s disappearance continues to spread - including informing the Nancy Grace show on CNN - Young is asking for prayers from the public, along with tips from anyone with information that might help find her daughter.....

Not sure if this is related or not - but located there is info on CaseNet, involving cases where there were court appearances and hearings on Nov 13th, as well as several earlier dated cases....

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do

As far as the sighting in Creve Coeur, I'm originally from that area and Creve Coeur is somewhat "out of the way". It sounds as if the restaurant where she may have been seen might be the type that is open 24 hours and are busy w/patrons after the area bars closed....

One of Christina's friends has a 'wish' page for her, and there's a good news video there too.

The reporter in the vid says there are 5 investigators assigned to the case & the Chief of Police says he's asked for help from other agencies.

Where is Christina?

http://www.wishuponahero.com/wishes/?id=443023

Thanks, LadyBug. With the restaurant being open 24/7, I wonder if they have security cameras installed?

christina-whittaker-missing-3.png

Missing Hannibal woman may have been spotted in Central Illinois

Hannibal, MO —

Police are investigating a report that a missing Hannibal woman may have been spotted at a restaurant in Central Illinois.

In an exclusive interview with the Courier-Post, a waitress said 21-year-old Christina M. Whittaker came into Raedene’s Country Cafe in Creve Coeur between 4:30 and 5 a.m. Sunday.

“It was definitely her,” said the waitress, Beth Taylor. “I’m 110 percent sure.”
Taylor said Whittaker’s long, red hair had been dyed black or dark brown, but that her facial and physical features matched those in a photo later shown to cafe workers by police.

Taylor said Whittaker came into the cafe alone with no purse or pocketbook and was wearing a pink short-sleeved shirt and black pants.

“She was upset,” Taylor recalled. “She had no coat on. She seemed to be shook up.” Taylor said Whittaker looked over her shoulder several times as if someone was watching her.

source: http://www.hannibal.net/breaking/x4...man-may-have-been-spotted-in-Central-Illinois

Christina may have been in the Peoria Area as recently as 4 am Monday ....... just ran across this...

http://www.pjstar.com/homepage/x2072228331/Police-seek-help-in-finding-woman

Creve Coeur is just across the Illinois River from Peoria.

The person purported to be Christina made a call using the restaurant's phone. The person called later called back to ask who had called and didn't recognize the description of the person. If it was Christina, I wonder if she called a number she knew but didn't realize she was now in a different area code. But, then, if it was Christina, why didn't she just call 911 or ask the restaurant for help???

The person purported to be Christina made a call using the restaurant's phone. The person called later called back to ask who had called and didn't recognize the description of the person. If it was Christina, I wonder if she called a number she knew but didn't realize she was now in a different area code. But, then, if it was Christina, why didn't she just call 911 or ask the restaurant for help???

I don't know, Kip. If it is Christina, maybe she dosen't want to be found or she has amnesia.

I just hope she will be found safe.

phishpan --what do you think of all of this? It sounds to me as tho someone else is in control of her & she's frightened. :(

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. I work at the newspaper here in town and one of our reporters is going to be on Nancy Grace tonight so hopefully that will lead to some more info...

Here's a post on nancy's facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/notes/nancy-grace/urgent-missing-persons-report-issued-for-christina-whittaker/339947990021

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. I work at the newspaper here in town and one of our reporters is going to be on Nancy Grace tonight so hopefully that will lead to some more info...

Here's a post on nancy's facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/notes/nancy-grace/urgent-missing-persons-report-issued-for-christina-whittaker/339947990021

I hope they mention the siting in Illinois.....I'm tweeting a message regarding that siting so hopefully anyone in the area will pay attention & keep an eye out for her.

That vid with her mom got me all choked up. I just don't think Christina left of her own free will. Just a feeling I get -- and reinforced after that siting in Illinois.

Nancy Grace is covering Christina's case tonite....talking to her mom right now.

Before that a reporter from Hannibal talked about the Illinois sighting. I hope this helps find Christina!

Thanks for posting the videos. I've been working on homework all night and hadn't had a chance. Hopefully this will open up some new leads.

Have there been any updates on Christina? I am sure her little baby is missing her mommy.

I wish I had read this thread sooner! Creve Couer is about 45 minutes away from me, near Peoria. If she was spotted in the Peoria area, there's a pretty good chance she may end up in Bloomington eventually, which is where I'm located.

I just checked the archives of our local paper and am discouraged that I could find nothing on Christina. A good friend of mine is one of their main news reporters. I think I'll contact her to see what she can do. We tried to get them to run a blurb on the Rockford runaway but so far, nothing.

It seems the higher ups have little interest in publishing anything "minor" that's so close to Chicago, like Rockford. However they are much more on top of the Peoria area news cause it's considered part of the Bloomington area too. I really hope they run something on this and won't consider it stale news. I'm calling her first thing in the morning. Wish us luck!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back