GUILTY MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3

But who is going to provide the help she needs while she is in prison?
It's horrible what was done to her-she had her teeth removed, she had unnecessary surgeries, she was given medications she didn't need, her head was shaved, she was on feeding tube which is presumably why she is so small (malnourished). All of this combined is as bad as it gets as far as child abuse goes.

It's pretty much what I stated a year or so ago. She's getting weekly therapy sessions. I'm actually surprised they're one on one though. Better than I thought. But far less than she needs.

It's unsurprising that prison feels more free to her than being on the outside, with her absolute horror of a mother:

Actually, that's about the only way she will get real help. A not guilty by reason of insanity verdict would result in involuntary mental health treatment. But if she's simply found guilty, of something, she will not be forced to get any treatment and if she wants any, she would be lucky to get, at the most, possible group therapy sessions by some prison staff member once per week and meds. And that's if she's lucky. She will absolutely get no intensive treatment of any kind if found guilty of a homicide charge.

It it is interesting how many suspects and witnesses, like family members of a suspect, confess or give incriminating info to LE after it is promised that the suspect will get treatment. That never ever ever happens.​

Do you have an Amazon fire stick? If you do download kodi onto it (YouTube it [emoji4]) and that should allow you to watch literally anything! That is how I plan to watch as we do not have hbo either! Hope this helps!

I have Kodi on my phone and just mirror image to my tv .. I'll be sure to watch!

So, After seeing this case featured in the Websleuths header I have just had a read through the threads - Wow! Looking forward to watching the documentary when it is available in the UK. So what is happening with Nicholas Godejoh's trial? Did a quick google search but can't find anything after Jan 31st 2017.

So, After seeing this case featured in the Websleuths header I have just had a read through the threads - Wow! Looking forward to watching the documentary when it is available in the UK. So what is happening with Nicholas Godejoh's trial? Did a quick google search but can't find anything after Jan 31st 2017.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - The murder trial of a man from Wisconsin won't start on Feb. 6 as scheduled. Greene County Circuit Judge Calvin Holden postponed the bench trial of Nicholas Godejohn at a hearing on Thursday morning.

Godejohn, 27, of Big Bend, Wisc., is charged with first-degree murder for the stabbing death of Clauddine “Dee Dee” Blancharde, 48, in June 2015 at her home just north of Springfield. Blancharde’s daughter, Gypsy, 25, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder last July and received a 10-year prison sentence.

At the hearing on Thursday, Holden granted a request by prosecutors to allow them to have a mental health expert examine Godejohn. Prosecutors want to have a second opinion after defense attorneys hired a mental health expert to do an exam. Instead of a bench trial on Feb. 6, the judge scheduled a pretrial conference for that day.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/godejohn-trial-postponed-407918755.html

Does anyone have the link to the Gypsy Rose Blancharde song on the banjo?
This horrible little ditty was not used in the documentary I watched, and I wanted my coworkers to hear it.

Thank you in advance.

Ah dang. I missed yesterday's show on this case. Phugggg

Just watched it on HBO Go. I really liked it. It was the first time I had heard of this case, and it was so interesting. Horrible that the mom did that, horrible that the girl believed the only way out was killing her mom. And so, so sad...

I watched it on Monday with HBO GO, too.

In my opinion, there wasn't enough coverage of the awful things Mom did to Gypsy. I didn't feel the horror come through. Just disbelief.

Also, Gypsy does not look like either parent. Interesting.

I watched it on Monday with HBO GO, too.

In my opinion, there wasn't enough coverage of the awful things Mom did to Gypsy. I didn't feel the horror come through. Just disbelief.

Also, Gypsy does not look like either parent. Interesting.

I think she looks like her mother.

It was a really well done documentary. I think the journalist was spot on with their read on Gypsy, that she only knows the language of manipulation. I found the "first time i'm telling the truth" and some other statements quite "narrative building" and unnecessary. I will also add that nearly every time a woman is interviewed with that high pitch voice they are intending to portray themselves as vulnerable and not capable ... and they can keep it up for a lifetime i.e. Michelle Duggar. I hope with time she finds her real voice and feels free to use it.

That makes it sound like I am negative towards Gypsy, when in fact I think she was fighting for her life and used what power she had. If I had to pick for her between a lifetime of abuse and manipulation from her mother and the murder, I pick the murder. I would like to have known more about the man she escaped with the first time. I think some of that was in the HuffPo article, I'll have to go back and read it again.

Horrible that the mom did that, horrible that the girl believed the only way out was killing her mom.

I got the impression that killing her mom possibly was the only way out. She ran away but was picked up by the police and brought back to her only to be subjected to further abuse. The only medical professional who suspected something said he didn't report it because he assumed no one would believe him. It is unlikely that Gypsy, who was purported to have the mental capacity of a 7 yr. old would have been believed. I also got the impression that Dee Dee Blanchard wouldn't have hesitated to kill Gypsy and was probably planning to eventually.

I thought the HBO documentary Every F---- Day Of My Life, about Wendy Maldonado, the Oregon woman who killed her battering husband, was handled a lot better.

I agree. She tried to run away but wasn't successful because mother brought her back. Doesn't seem like her mother was willing to let her go (ever).
When police were called in after a complaint, they believed Gypsy to be retarded so nothing was done.
I don't think she could see any other way out.

I found Gypsy looked very much like her mom and dad.
As well I love the accents. I was so drawn to dad speaking lol.
Gypsy looks to be happy in prison. I'm glad that her rehabilitation seems to be working. Her skin looks great.

Still not sure how I feel about the whole thing but was nice to see the docu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it deeply upsetting and depressing that after a lifetime of unimaginable torture, Gypsy was prosecuted and imprisoned rather than being allowed to heal at home with what she has left for family.

Where did gypsy get all the wigs and costumes?

I found Gypsy looked very much like her mom and dad.
As well I love the accents. I was so drawn to dad speaking lol.
Gypsy looks to be happy in prison. I'm glad that her rehabilitation seems to be working. Her skin looks great.

Still not sure how I feel about the whole thing but was nice to see the docu.

What kind of accents did they have? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

What kind of accents did they have? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

To me as a Canadian was a southern accent. I heard it mostly from her dad and step mom. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike