MO MO - Earl Joggerst, 15, Arnold, 4 Aug 1972

That was a good try, but the Garnett John Doe profile says Earl Joggerst has been ruled out.

Yeah, I saw that. I tried. :(

I found quite a few possible people that could be that John Doe, but I'm interested in both the John Doe and Earl's case. It's definitely interesting.

Yeah, I saw that. I tried. :(

I found quite a few possible people that could be that John Doe, but I'm interested in both the John Doe and Earl's case. It's definitely interesting.

Good on you for trying!

I'm impressed, too, that the MSP is staying on top of Jay's case. They've compared his DNA to quite a few others.

This is a bit of a wild guess, but according to this site, Geraldine Hurst died in 2009 and was 52 at the time, meaning that she was born in 1957, just like Jay. That wasn't the important part to me. The important part to me was the vehicles listed under her name and their years. One was a 1990 Geo Storm, another was a 1994 Nissan Hardbody, and the last was a 2002 Mazda 626. It's pretty crazy, but we have no details on Geraldine or when she was found, so I'd guess it was around the 1990's because of these reports. (Of course there is a possibility that this is the wrong Geraldine, but my guess is also kind of valid.)

Geraldine Hurst (H), 52 - Saint Louis, MO Has Court Records at MyLife.com™

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP43261Earl Anthony Joggerst, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactAugust 4, 1972
Missing FromArnold, Missouri

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number1327423
Demographics
Missing Age15 Years
Current Age61 Years
First NameEarl
Middle NameAnthony
Last NameJoggerst
Nickname/AliasJay

SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Height5' 7" - 5' 9" (67 - 69 Inches)
Weight140 lbs
Circumstances
Date of Last ContactAugust 4, 1972
NamUs Case CreatedApril 29, 2018
Last Known Location Map
LocationArnold, Missouri 63010
CountyJefferson County
Circumstances of DisappearanceLeft home with 30 year old male, name unknown and highschool friend, Geraldine Hearst. Geraldine was found alive in California
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionShoulder length, wavy
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Other distinctive physical characteristic
Hypo pigmented triangle overlying sternum (looks like an arrowhead)

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered
Additional Case Info

Transportation
--

StyleConvertible
ColorRed

Missing Person Case
This might be a stretch, but i just saw a photo of a John Doe who was found on june 3rd 1978 in long beach, CA that looks very similar. The body was found a few years after Joggerst went missing, however its possible he stayed in California on his own terms and assumed a new identity. Maybe Geraldine knew he wanted to stay and thats why we don’t have a lot of info from her? Who knows, just a thought. I attached the file with an image of the John Doe and more info.

Attachments

• 2E9691E9-774F-4860-9115-8E696A80CD40.jpeg
    2E9691E9-774F-4860-9115-8E696A80CD40.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 40
Earl Anthony Joggerst
joggerst_earl.jpg
joggerst_earl2.jpg
joggerst_earl_ap.jpg

Earl, circa 1972; Age-progression to age 61 (circa 2018)
  • Missing Since 08/04/1972
  • Missing From Arnold, Missouri
  • Classification Endangered Runaway
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/17/1957 (64)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'9, 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Earl has a triangular patch of pale skin, like an arrowhead, on the center of his chest. His hair was shoulder-length at the time of his disappearance. His nickname is Jay.
Details of Disappearance

Earl was last seen in Arnold, Missouri on August 4, 1972. He ran away from home with Geraldine Hearst, a friend from his school, and a thirty-year-old male. They were driving a red convertible vehicle. Geraldine was found alive in California, but Earl has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
  • Missouri State Highway Patrol 636-300-2800
Source Information

I find so odd the lack of info...
We know nothing about Geraldine Hearst, her potential statement after she was located, the circumstances that surrounded her finding...
We know nothing official about Earl's family, no interview... we don't even know who informed LE about his disappearance.
And, finally, we don't have any clue about the 30 year-old male who, I supposed, owned the red convertible. I wonder if someone remembered him, if he was a local, someone must recall a car like that.
All this silence makes me wonder if these two teenagers fell victims of a prostitution ring. I mean, if Geraldine was a victim of sex trafficking, she would have prefered to keep it a secret; even today it's sadly common to blame the victim, so in the 1970s that could have been a nightmare. And if that was the case, her statement may have provided no useful information, because they may have end up in different areas or even cities, not knowing the other's whereabouts. Not to mention the fear to talk...
I'm just theorizing, of course... I do not have any evidence.:(

I'm having trouble logging into FB this morning for some reason. Any hints about what is at the link?

ETA: Nevermind, I got logged in. It's nice to see that information being shared on social media.

As for Joggerst Farm, Inc., it was probably owned by Jay's father or other relative. It was incorporated in 1970, when Jay would have still been in school.

Last edited:
Thanks! There sure is a resemblance to the young man in that horrible photo.

If that were Jay, I wonder how he would have met up with Dean Corll. I thought most of the victims came from the community around the candy factory. Were there other victims that Corll found elsewhere? It's been many years since I read the book and I don't exactly look forward to reading it again. :eek:
I’m hooked now. I can’t let go. I met my husband in Arnold, Mo in 1974. I went to visit my aunt who lived there for vacation and fell in love. We married and lived in Arnold until 1981. I’m still a little focused on the lake music festivals going on in 1972. I was a genuine flower carrying hippie. Our hippie van traveled all over following lake music. My cousin played his guitar at so many campfires. Anyway, hitchhiking was big back then. I wish I knew if he and his girlfriend were into music. They could have hitchhiked from festival to festival all the way to California where girlfriend was found. My cousin was also a “Jesus Freak” so we met lots of them traveling and hitchhiking the music journeys.

*eta: Coril was born Dec 1939, so in 1972 he could have passed as around 30 years old.

Last edited:
Organizers and founders of the Clark County Bluegrass Festival, Delbert and Erma Spray, son John Spray and daughter Patricia Davidson are native Clark County residents. John Spray reminisced that during the fall of 1971, his family attended a Bluegrass Festival in Mountain View, Mo. "During the drive home we discussed having a festival in Kahoka. We were going to try it for one year. We held our first festival in August 1972," he said. "The festivals have continued to be an annual event now for 28 years."
Appetite for Bluegrass has grown into a Clark County tradition

The late Delbert Spray and his wife Erma started the Kahoka Festival in 1972 and it remains as one of the oldest festivals in Missouri.
37th Kahoka bluegrass festival to feature Larry Stephenson Band

@Betty P I was just reading through the thread and saw you lived here too. Hi neighbor. What do ya think about this one?
upload_2022-1-17_19-24-40.jpegupload_2022-1-17_19-25-30.jpegupload_2022-1-17_19-28-38.png
The skeletonized remains of a small build, white male was located in the inner-city of St. Louis, MO in a burned out vacant business building. The victim’s hair is described as being blonde/brown, short to medium length, and somewhat straight. He had crooked teeth on the right upper side and had four fillings. He was possibly left handed.
The victim was wearing a black rain coat, a pink shirt, blue jeans, white socks, and striped Fruit of the Loom boxers (size 30-32). He had a shoe insole of size 8 1⁄2 to size 9. A white t-shirt with a Myrtle Beach logo was in his possession.
https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/upphotos/A1001001A18C23B01430E444261.pdf

Have you seen this child? JOHN DOE1992

He is currently undergoing testing by the DNA Doe Project.
St. Louis John Doe (1992)

St Louis John Doe 1992 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Last edited:
@Betty P I was just reading through the thread and saw you lived here too. Hi neighbor. What do ya think about this one?
View attachment 330336View attachment 330337View attachment 330338
The skeletonized remains of a small build, white male was located in the inner-city of St. Louis, MO in a burned out vacant business building. The victim’s hair is described as being blonde/brown, short to medium length, and somewhat straight. He had crooked teeth on the right upper side and had four fillings. He was possibly left handed.
The victim was wearing a black rain coat, a pink shirt, blue jeans, white socks, and striped Fruit of the Loom boxers (size 30-32). He had a shoe insole of size 8 1⁄2 to size 9. A white t-shirt with a Myrtle Beach logo was in his possession.
https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/upphotos/A1001001A18C23B01430E444261.pdf

Have you seen this child? JOHN DOE1992

He is currently undergoing testing by the DNA Doe Project.
St. Louis John Doe (1992)

St Louis John Doe 1992 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Hi! Amazing that you met your husband in Arnold! In 1974, I was away at college except for the summer break and holidays. Even then mostly staying with my sister and BIL in south county.

My younger sister knew Jay from elementary school on through high school. She didnt realize he was missing. Most probably assumed he ran away. It was a very large high school back then. His class probably had in excess of 600 to 700 students that year, maybe more.

Jay went missing during the summer, so the UID in St. Louis seems less likely. The description said the man was wearing a black rain coat. Its possible Jay ran away but stayed in the St L area for while.

Its a shame LE in Houston weren't able to find the remains of Corll' s many victims.

Thanks! There sure is a resemblance to the young man in that horrible photo.

If that were Jay, I wonder how he would have met up with Dean Corll. I thought most of the victims came from the community around the candy factory. Were there other victims that Corll found elsewhere? It's been many years since I read the book and I don't exactly look forward to reading it again. :eek:

I read somewhere in Jay's information that he and his mother made regular (annual?) trips to South Padre Island I believe. He may have been headed down there after leaving Arnold.

I read somewhere in Jay's information that he and his mother made regular (annual?) trips to South Padre Island I believe. He may have been headed down there after leaving Arnold.

I think someone quoted it in this thread from his mom's obituary. Her family mentioned that she loved taking trips to Padre Island for vacation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back