MO MO - Earl Joggerst, 15, Arnold, 4 Aug 1972

It appears as if Earl was ruled out as one of Gacy's victims, so I am pretty sure there is DNA somewhere for Earl.

Yes, they probably got a sample from his sister or possibly from his mother, before she passed.

Some WS members are focused on the photo above, which was found in Corll's possessions. LE hasn't yet discovered the remains of the young man in that photo.

Yes, they probably got a sample from his sister or possibly from his mother, before she passed.

Some WS members are focused on the photo above, which was found in Corll's possessions. LE hasn't yet discovered the remains of the young man in that photo.
To make things even stranger, what if Earl survived (being the boy on the pic or not) and happened to be this John Doe. That first reconstruction looks eerily like Earl.

Attachments

• dump_1.gif
    dump_1.gif
    149 KB · Views: 85
I did some research on Earl awhile back on another thread and just to refresh this one, I’ll bring over my findings. I was mainly trying to find more info on Geraldine but had no luck.

I can’t find a “Geraldine Hearst” who would have been around the same age as Earl. The information that is out there states she was a friend of his from school. Middle school?

I noticed on this thread someone mentioned that he would have been starting high school shortly after he disappeared and that he was not pictured in the 1972 yearbook. I looked through Fox High School yearbooks for the years 1969, 1971, and 1972 (1970 isn’t available on) on classmates.com and there is a Gerald Hearst/Hurst (GH) (Hurst being the most common spelling) who was a senior when Earl would have been a freshman. GH was in all of the 3 listed yearbooks. There was no “Geraldine” however. In the 1972 book, GH appears with the ‘72 graduating class. “Earl Joggerst” and “Geraldine Hurst” are both listed under “Unavailable Photos” for the freshman class. Earl and Geraldine aren’t listed in ‘73-‘75 either.

So, based on the years 1969-1975 for Fox High School and, for the most part, based on each classes headshot section of the book, this is what I was able to find:

1969: GH (grade 9)
1970: book unavailable
1971: GH (grade 11)
***disappearance***
1972: GH (grade 12), Earl & Geraldine (photo unavailable)
1973: not listed
1974: not listed
1975: not listed

I found a newspaper article from 1969 of Fox Junior High honor roll recipients and Jay Joggerst was listed but not Geraldine or Gerald. Could just mean they didn’t make the honor roll. I can’t find a single thing in newspapers about their disappearance or Geraldine’s apparent recovery.

I think that the photo of the unknown boy found in Corll's accomplice's stuff happens to be Jay. Do you think so too?[/QUOTE
I definitely fully believe this could very well be. i realize that word has it that he has been somehow excluded as in regards to the known victims physically, however I am incredibly skeptical that he in any way would be legitimately ruled out as being the boy in that photograph based on opinion alone. my curiosity is if they have found this particular boy's body or have they only that image, rendering any possibility of him ever being identified, unlikely / :(

I did some research on Earl awhile back on another thread and just to refresh this one, I’ll bring over my findings. I was mainly trying to find more info on Geraldine but had no luck.

I can’t find a “Geraldine Hearst” who would have been around the same age as Earl. The information that is out there states she was a friend of his from school. Middle school?

I noticed on this thread someone mentioned that he would have been starting high school shortly after he disappeared and that he was not pictured in the 1972 yearbook. I looked through Fox High School yearbooks for the years 1969, 1971, and 1972 (1970 isn’t available on) on classmates.com and there is a Gerald Hearst/Hurst (GH) (Hurst being the most common spelling) who was a senior when Earl would have been a freshman. GH was in all of the 3 listed yearbooks. There was no “Geraldine” however. In the 1972 book, GH appears with the ‘72 graduating class. “Earl Joggerst” and “Geraldine Hurst” are both listed under “Unavailable Photos” for the freshman class. Earl and Geraldine aren’t listed in ‘73-‘75 either.

So, based on the years 1969-1975 for Fox High School and, for the most part, based on each classes headshot section of the book, this is what I was able to find:

1969: GH (grade 9)
1970: book unavailable
1971: GH (grade 11)
***disappearance***
1972:
GH (grade 12), Earl & Geraldine (photo unavailable)
1973: not listed
1974: not listed
1975: not listed

I found a newspaper article from 1969 of Fox Junior High honor roll recipients and Jay Joggerst was listed but not Geraldine or Gerald. Could just mean they didn’t make the honor roll. I can’t find a single thing in newspapers about their disappearance or Geraldine’s apparent recovery.

wondering... had you any luck at similarly searching yearbooks from any other schools within a fifty or hundred mile radius? I am assuming you had likely looked since you seem very informative and knowledgeable in this case, but I felt compelled to verify that with you in the event you had not pursued that endeavor due to the fact that I am drawn to the possibility of this Geraldine to maybe have been a student from a nearby school or possibly older or younger than earl, and perhaps attended elsewhere?

What if Geraldine was originally from anther state and had not established herself within the school district or if earl had a hard home life he might even had a tendency to gravitate towards other kids with similar styled situations and the possibility does exist that he might easily have met this girl outside of school or some other way. Also she may have been a bit older than him (hanging out with thirty year old's) and either already graduated or even been an early high school drop out.

wondering... had you any luck at similarly searching yearbooks from any other schools within a fifty or hundred mile radius? I am assuming you had likely looked since you seem very informative and knowledgeable in this case, but I felt compelled to verify that with you in the event you had not pursued that endeavor due to the fact that I am drawn to the possibility of this Geraldine to maybe have been a student from a nearby school or possibly older or younger than earl, and perhaps attended elsewhere?
Geraldine and Jay’s names both appeared in the 1972 yearbook, so I know they were enrolled that year and that they were in the same grade. They just weren’t available for photographs. That would have been their freshman year, so the first they would have appeared in the yearbooks.

It’s been awhile since I did this research but I’m fairly confident I did check surrounding schools just in case but had no luck. There are some earlier comments upthread from people who went to grade and middle school with Jay (sorry, I keep referring to him as Earl), but Fox HS is the only yearbook available on classmates.com and I’m not sure the exact name of the middle school these people remember him from. There are also family members of Jays who have commented here recently.

Joggerst is a fairly uncommon name, but Hearst/Hurst is a little more common and I simply can’t find her. Especially not with the Hearst spelling. I’m probably just not looking in the correct places.

As long as there are unrecovered bodies, I put my money on Jay being the boy in the pic.

Geraldine and Jay’s names both appeared in the 1972 yearbook, so I know they were enrolled that year and that they were in the same grade. They just weren’t available for photographs. That would have been their freshman year, so the first they would have appeared in the yearbooks.

It’s been awhile since I did this research but I’m fairly confident I did check surrounding schools just in case but had no luck. There are some earlier comments upthread from people who went to grade and middle school with Jay (sorry, I keep referring to him as Earl), but Fox HS is the only yearbook available on classmates.com and I’m not sure the exact name of the middle school these people remember him from. There are also family members of Jays who have commented here recently.

Joggerst is a fairly uncommon name, but Hearst/Hurst is a little more common and I simply can’t find her. Especially not with the Hearst spelling. I’m probably just not looking in the correct places.

https://www.myheritage.nl/research/...=280876731&itemId=193315857&action=showRecord

No idea if this is a relative. Still interesting.

The Southeast Missourian

It may be. It's not that far from Jefferson County, where Jay grew up. If so, it would probably be distant relatives.

Jay's NAMUS file says he disappeared from his home in Arnold with a man driving a red convertible.

JMO, one of my theories is that Geraldine was hanging out with an older crowd from another town/suburb nearby. Some of that crowd was involved in dealing heavy drugs, interacting with dealers who traveled from the west coast, possibly the south. If she hung out with a crowd I recall hearing about, there was some heroin trafficking going on around 1972 or 73.

It's possible one of these people/dealers invited Geraldine to travel back to California with them. She may have encouraged Jay to come along. The destination could have also been one of the border areas of Texas or to Mexico, itself. Maybe Jay went along for the adventure of getting out of Arnold, but ended up as just another runaway kid, doing drugs, and whatever he needed to support himself.

All JMO

If you need the photo of Geraldine from the 1972 yearbook, I'll see if I can find mine and make a copy for you.

ETA: Nvmnd, I saw her name was listed as a student who didn't have their school photo taken.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. A few months back I sent in a FOIA request to the Missouri State Highway Patrol for this case and I just got an email back tonight. I was denied any information because the case is still an active investigation. Just wanted to share.

I'm sorry if anyone mentioned this prior, but is there a possibility that Earl could be the 1973 Anderson County John Doe/Garnett John Doe? The John Doe was found beaten to death in a creek on 1550th Rd near Garnett, Kansas.

Links:
MISSING IN KANSAS: John Doe 1973
Garnett John Doe

If not that, I really think he is Dean Corll's unidentified victim as a lot of people have previously mentioned. The Polaroid photo of that unidentified boy and the photo of Earl look a lot alike.

I'm sorry if anyone mentioned this prior, but is there a possibility that Earl could be the 1973 Anderson County John Doe/Garnett John Doe? The John Doe was found beaten to death in a creek on 1550th Rd near Garnett, Kansas.

Links:
MISSING IN KANSAS: John Doe 1973
Garnett John Doe

If not that, I really think he is Dean Corll's unidentified victim as a lot of people have previously mentioned. The Polaroid photo of that unidentified boy and the photo of Earl look a lot alike.

That was a good try, but the Garnett John Doe profile says Earl Joggerst has been ruled out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back