GUILTY MO - Eddie Salazar, 8 months, Carthage, 4 February 2010

IIRC, there was a statement from LE that other adults were present in the home. Is that incorrect?

FWIW --

Dagnan said the father is the only adult in the home who was awakened. He was sleeping on the living room couch. The attack left the father briefly unconscious. The house was ransacked and the child was taken while he was unconscious.

An older sibling was in the home but wasn't harmed. Other adults in the home weren't awakened.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/83621557.html

Did they bring out any search dogs yet while the trail could still be fresh? Can a search dog follow a trail if the baby was carried? I know a bloodhound can follow the scent of a person in a moving car that is going down the expressway.

ok..ok...I admit to being jaded....but why haven't the parents been saying anything? Why do we not even know their names?? Hink!

I'm only an hour or so north of Carthage. I'm going to head down there tommorow and see if I can't be of some help in searching. I am just now reading about this, I don't have the TV on nearly enough in my house obviously!!! I have a dog who is in trainign for search and rescue, she hasn't been certified yet, but man she loves to "find it". She will definately be coming for the search. I will be praying all night for this baby~ He needs to come home safely! The weather here was miserable today, certainly not pleasant for a baby in a onesie. I will update everyone back here if we are allowed to join the search.

I'm printing out flyers as I type, we are a little tiny town of 1000 people, surrounded by towns of lesss than 400. If a stranger with a baby was to pass through here, someone would definately notice. Its all I can do tonight, except of course kiss my own babies extra!

Did they bring out any search dogs yet while the trail could still be fresh? Can a search dog follow a trail if the baby was carried? I know a bloodhound can follow the scent of a person in a moving car that is going down the expressway.

"A neighbor said her daughter and son-in-law had visited her and her husband Thursday night and were leaving the home a little after 11 p.m. She said they did not see or hear anything suspicious going on. 'Then we went upstairs to bed, and that’s when we heard all the dogs,' she said of the arrival of police and tracking dogs next door."
---
"'We’re not going to take the night off,” [Chief] Dagnan said. “We’re going to keep working on this.'"

from
Carthage father reports baby abduction
(February 05, 2010 09:32 pm)
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_036161335.html

6:20 PM UPDATE: Search for missing Carthage infant will go throughout the night

Updated: Feb 5, 2010 05:21 PM MST

An Amber Alert has been issued after officials say eight month old Eddie Salazar was abducted during a home invasion Thursday last night.

Police say two masked individuals broke into the house at 227 East Mound Street in Carthage, Missouri and took Salazar after assaulting his father.

We will post updates here as information is confirmed.

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11939060

24 Hours After Carthage Boy Goes Missing Police End Ground Search
By KSPR News
By Joanna Small

Story Created: Feb 5, 2010 at 10:17 PM CST

(Story Updated: Feb 5, 2010 at 10:17 PM CST

It's been almost 24 hours since a Carthage baby was reported missing, and last Friday night, it's unclear whether police are any closer to finding him than when the search began.

Police say they still believe they will find 8-month-old Eddie Salazar alive, but the odds of that happening in the woods, water, dumpsters- anything within close proximity to the child's home- are getting slimmer.

A major hang-up has been a lack of eyewitnesses.

"The dog woke me up at 11p.m. so I let her out, didn't think anything was going on."

Pam Boswell's late night account is a disappointingly familiar one.

Few neighbors on Carthage's Mound Street knew anything out of the ordinary was going on, until it had.

"I didn't hear anything," Boswell says.

But Salazar's father told police there was a struggle Thursday night around 11.

He claims two masked men broke into his home, beat him up, and stole his baby.

"We always have to believe what we're told. You always believe the victim and the story they give is the story you go with," says Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan.

So police were on the hunt
"Geographically it was about 15 to 20 blocks in the city area. We did push out a little further on the east side of town. It's more rural, we've got the lake out there and the river area," explains Missouri Highway Patrol Sergeant Mike Watson.

Both of which were combed by Missouri Water Patrol officers Friday afternoon.

But now the thorough ground searching is over.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/83694972.html

Bump...Any new news? Did our Astros do a chart???

unlike christian, i dont think this case will end well.
nor do i think they will find any masked kidnappers either.

Can you ask for a chart, Chicana? TIA

ETA - Just added a request to our Astro's in the Case Briefings thread (oops, need to go to the Case Request Thread and post, will do)...May Eddie be found safe and sound, and may my hinky meter need calibrating...

This story is odd ..very unusal for a stranger abduction I agree with that. I wish we knew where mom was working. One article stated that this couple had moved into the area right around the time Eddie Jr. was born.

This has to either be 1) someone who knows this family and maybe not on good terms.

2) Someone has been following mom around while she is out on errands with the baby or dad for that matter and have been waiting for an opp. to take the child.

or 3) Dad harmed the child.

What is this talk I see on some articles that there was no custody dispute ? Anyone know ?

This town is not that big, population as of July 2008: 13,916

http://www.city-data.com/city/Carthage-Missouri.html

It seems to me if it was random someone may have been stalking this family ...jmo

Okay - Just requested a chart. Chicana, told the Astros that you have dad's DOB...They will probably need that. Thanks!

24 Hours After Carthage Boy Goes Missing Police End Ground Search
By KSPR News
By Joanna Small

Story Created: Feb 5, 2010 at 10:17 PM CST

(Story Updated: Feb 5, 2010 at 10:17 PM CST

It's been almost 24 hours since a Carthage baby was reported missing, and last Friday night, it's unclear whether police are any closer to finding him than when the search began.

Police say they still believe they will find 8-month-old Eddie Salazar alive, but the odds of that happening in the woods, water, dumpsters- anything within close proximity to the child's home- are getting slimmer.

A major hang-up has been a lack of eyewitnesses.

"The dog woke me up at 11p.m. so I let her out, didn't think anything was going on."

Pam Boswell's late night account is a disappointingly familiar one.

Few neighbors on Carthage's Mound Street knew anything out of the ordinary was going on, until it had.

"I didn't hear anything," Boswell says.

But Salazar's father told police there was a struggle Thursday night around 11.

He claims two masked men broke into his home, beat him up, and stole his baby.

"We always have to believe what we're told. You always believe the victim and the story they give is the story you go with," says Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan.

So police were on the hunt
"Geographically it was about 15 to 20 blocks in the city area. We did push out a little further on the east side of town. It's more rural, we've got the lake out there and the river area," explains Missouri Highway Patrol Sergeant Mike Watson.

Both of which were combed by Missouri Water Patrol officers Friday afternoon.

But now the thorough ground searching is over.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/83694972.html

Roanoke police said the same thing, all the while knowing it was likely a lie.

This story is odd ..very unusal for a stranger abduction I agree with that. I wish we knew where mom was working. One article stated that this couple had moved into the area right around the time Eddie Jr. was born.

This has to either be 1) someone who knows this family and maybe not on good terms.

2) Someone has been following mom around while she is out on errands with the baby or dad for that matter and have been waiting for an opp. to take the child.

or 3) Dad harmed the child.

What is this talk I see on some articles that there was no custody dispute ? Anyone know ?

This town is not that big, population as of July 2008: 13,916

http://www.city-data.com/city/Carthage-Missouri.html

It seems to me if it was random someone may have been stalking this family ...jmo

I can't believe that this is completely random by a stranger with no connections to the family.

Bump - Any news? Astros need definititive verification of parent's names in order to do a chart. Chicana got a DOB for father, if he is the father - so just need a link to something showing names. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back