MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think that we are all here for the same reasons. And that reason is to bring Elizabeth Olten's killer to justice. When this first started, we started out with the normal, OMG, how horrible, I can't believe this happened, and as we learned the little bit of facts that we have, our minds started to try to work on figuring out the who's and what's and why's. We had AB's name before it was released to the press.. how?? Because being the great sleuths that we are, we found it. Like playing clue, we put the pieces together until they fit. We have gone over almost every scenario possible as to why.. or how.. and the more we learned the more horrified we became. People have come in here trying to throw everyone off track, throwing out meaningless clues, and saying things that were completely wrong. But everyone worked through it, just as we will keep working until the day that AB is in jail for what she did. We'll work through the trial, as more info is given to us, and we'll continue to work through every appeal that will be made. Why? Because we fight for justice. Many great relationships are forged through cases such as Elizabeth's. And I hate to see the bickering going on in this thread nearly everyday. Yesterday it's because someone was looking at a public blog.. today.. someone wants to contact a lawyer.. It needs to stop and we need to come together to bring Alyssa Bustamante to justice for Elizabeth Olten's murder.

/rant imo.

PS sorry for the post. need to get this off my chest.

I agree, and the issue of contacting the lawyer is a very minor issue people do it all the time, I would simply ask if AB was represented during her questioning and if not how come she wasnt. Simple stuff and a matter of public record anyone can call the Public Defenders office and ask questions they work for you and I we are tax payers.

Ok Group Hug. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pax, So my question is, would this have been brought up at the certification hearing or not about attorney being or not being present?

If they didn't have an attorney present and LE did not do the proper steps, won't the judge just throw it out right now?

Isn't that kind of basic, to Mirandize, get an attorney, all those kind of preliminaries?

If LE has done the wrong thing, wouldn't AB's attorney look at that and say it's time to say good bye? After all, the public is paying for this all the way,and I doubt that there is a lot of money to go through with this if the basic things haven't even been done.

I think the defense attorney would be up a crick if he didn't notice that little mistake.

I appreciate the support prof you have been fair all along and provide excellent info and so does CSQUARE but obviously her and I dont see eye to eye on anything and that is ok but her calling me a troll is a problem, thats an attack on me personally.

Lets move on.

Csquare is a guy! lol

I would think that a juvenile officer is no different than a regular LEO, they just handle juveniles.. I may be wrong.. we don't have anything like that here in NY. Cops are Cops here.. kwim?

Well, then I would think they have been well-versed on questioning a juvenile. jmo

The more I think about it the more agrivated I get at how a 15 yo can kill a 9yo in cold blood just to see what it is like. No punishment she gets will be enough.

I agree, and the issue of contacting the lawyer is a very minor issue people do it all the time, I would simply ask if AB was represented during her questioning and if not how come she wasnt. Simple stuff and a matter of public record anyone can call the Public Defenders office and ask questions they work for you and I we are tax payers.

I agree that it is a minor issue, however, some things that are minor issues still need to be checked on to maintain the integrity of this site.

Thats the kind of crap that really pisses me off when LE takes advantage of a situation like that because people are ignorant and dont understand the consequences of talking to LE without an atty present.

Okay, I get where you're coming from. I agree that it stinks when LE uses questionable (or worse) tactics to get a confession out of an innocent person.

HOWEVER......that doesn't seem to be the case here, does it? Do you honestly believe Alyssa was coerced into confessing to a murder she didn't commit? Do you believe she made a comment, in January, that she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone, and then, coincidentally, someone was killed in close proximity to her home a few months later? Do you believe she dug some holes in the woods, led LE to them, and someone ELSE happened to use one of them as a grave?

So does that mean she doesn't DESERVE a fair trial? No. Does that mean she doesn't DESERVE full protection of the law? No. But I also take offense at your comment about LE taking advantage of the situation. Come on. They have a job to do, and yes a fine line to walk. They have to solve a crime AND protect the criminal at the same time!?! Arghhhhh!!! Make and omelette but don't break an egg!! They also DESERVE some respect here. It's a tough job and I'm glad they are willing to do it, to protect you, me, and everyone else. If you don't want to assume that Alyssa is guilty, please don't assume that LE is guilty, okay?

I've had to go through and delete several posts that were an attack on a fellow poster. The rules are not difficult. I bolded what pretty much sums up how to treat your fellow posters. You all know what is expected here at Websleuths, if not please go to the full version of our Terms of Service. As for the attacks... Knock it Off!!!

Terms of Service - Short Plain Language Version

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Okay, I get where you're coming from. I agree that it stinks when LE uses questionable (or worse) tactics to get a confession out of an innocent person.

HOWEVER......that doesn't seem to be the case here, does it? Do you honestly believe Alyssa was coerced into confessing to a murder she didn't commit? Do you believe she made a comment, in January, that she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone, and then, coincidentally, someone was killed in close proximity to her home a few months later? Do you believe she dug some holes in the woods, led LE to them, and someone ELSE happened to use one of them as a grave?

So does that mean she doesn't DESERVE a fair trial? No. Does that mean she doesn't DESERVE full protection of the law? No. But I also take offense at your comment about LE taking advantage of the situation. Come on. They have a job to do, and yes a fine line to walk. They have to solve a crime AND protect the criminal at the same time!?! Arghhhhh!!! Make and omelette but don't break an egg!! They also DESERVE some respect here. It's a tough job and I'm glad they are willing to do it, to protect you, me, and everyone else. If you don't want to assume that Alyssa is guilty, please don't assume that LE is guilty, okay?

And we all know what happens when we ASSume.

I was just going to state that. :dance:

Oh my apologies Csquare for some reason I thought I saw you referred to as a female, my mistake! :waitasec:

Anyway I am sorry if I riled you up that is not my intention ok please understand I am just passionate about some things and I see that you are also, lets make that a good thing instead of a point of contention ok?

I will take a break for a while now. See you all soon.

I agree that it is a minor issue, however, some things that are minor issues still need to be checked on to maintain the integrity of this site.

Thats fine I dont plan to mention this site at all if I call the public defenders office, I work for myself not websleuths. I have spoken to Tricia on the phone like I said, she knows me.

I've had to go through and delete several posts that were an attack on a fellow poster. The rules are not difficult. I bolded what pretty much sums up how to treat your fellow posters. You all know what is expected here at Websleuths, if not please go to the full version of our Terms of Service. As for the attacks... Knock it Off!!!

Terms of Service - Short Plain Language Version

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

I am sure I didnt attack anyone but I DO APOLOGIZE for any part I may have played in getting someone upset because of my passion and strong opinions and I will take a break for a while and let it settle down as of now. SORRY!

WOW, Busy day here!

Do you folks know that today's first post was the last entry on page 21....now we're on page 30!

Lots of information, opinions and speculation today, everything from music, religion, psychiatry, legal issues, drugs both legal and illegal.....

just WOW

:)

I think that AB was wanting to talk about it. She had held it in for as long as she could. She was excited and wanted to "brag" about it. I brought this up before, I would love to know her demeanor on the walk to show them the grave site and if she seemed excited at seeing the site again. I doubt that she would have had a chance to return there with LE in the area prior to her taking them there. If her confession turns out to be inadmissable it is a shame. IMO even if there was an atty present she would have ran her mouth. The atty would be the "authority" she doesn't listen to in that situation. Whoever was asking her about her actions and giving her the attention about it would be her "buddy". I don't doubt that LE would use her own attitude to their advantage. But that brings us back to the mental illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500