MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did her grandparents actually start raising her? I know they got guardianship in 2005 (the dad was already in prison at this time). but do we know when they started living with her? I know the legal aspect of guardinship can take a while. But the youngest child was ??six?? so did she ever live with her mother? Does anyone have this information??

I would gander to say that they "the kids" have been their since at least 2007, they could have been there since 2005 or before, we don't know that they were not there before the legal aspect of the guardianship.

I would gander to say that they "the kids" have been their since at least 2007, they could have been there since 2005 or before, we don't know that they were not there before the legal aspect of the guardianship.

The kids had the g'ma's address in 2005 on the court documents.

your right 2007 is when the guardianship was in court, 2005 is when the grandmother had the biodad in court on another matter. Which I don't know for sure what that one was about. I can't find details of the 2005 case.

your right 2007 is when the guardianship was in court, 2005 is when the grandmother had the biodad in court on another matter. Which I don't know for sure what that one was about. I can't find details of the 2005 case.

All the case stuff listing the minors names has been removed since. But IIRC, the guardianship stuff was in 2005. Then in 2007 they got the youngest child.

2005 - AB and her two twin brothers (age 11)
2007 - Younger sister (age 6) -- from same bio mom, diff dad than the other kids

I haven’t posted on Elizabeth’s thread until now, but just finished watching her youtube videos. She obviously glorifies pain and violence. These are so sad, knowing what we know now.

And there are plenty of other kids getting off on it, imo. I’m so glad we didn’t have internet when I went through my teenage angst years! And lucky that my parents paid close attention to who I was hanging out with.

To me it looks like this kid is deeply troubled and filling a void/gaining attention by being a bad girl. She’s seriously mentally disturbed and has an audience. The rumours may very well be true about this being a thrill kill. This is so messed up.

Has the Sandy Charles case been mentioned in the discussion? (Saskatchewan)

Thanks for the welcome...I am new here and am amazed at how people find out so much information......Thanks for people sharing their knowledge with us who are just getting started.......

Here is something that I don'/can't understand.
Bio mom was picked up 6.4.08 for DWI and careless driving causing an accident, given 300 dollar fine and 2 years unsupervised probation.
Then 7.31.09 she was picked up on Possession Of Up To 35 Grams Marijuana, given a 250dollar fine a 6 month suspended jail sentence for two years probation, UNSUPERVISED!

Shouldn't the second crime be against the terms of her probation in the first case thus sending her to jail instead of getting ANOTHER UNSUPERVISED pobation sentence?
Or is it because she seems to offend in different counties they don't mind?

I haven’t posted on Elizabeth’s thread until now, but just finished watching her youtube videos. She obviously glorifies pain and violence. These are so sad, knowing what we know now.

And there are plenty of other kids getting off on it, imo. I’m so glad we didn’t have internet when I went through my teenage angst years! And lucky that my parents paid close attention to who I was hanging out with.

To me it looks like this kid is deeply troubled and filling a void/gaining attention by being a bad girl. She’s seriously mentally disturbed and has an audience. The rumours may very well be true about this being a thrill kill. This is so messed up.

Has the Sandy Charles case been mentioned in the discussion? (Saskatchewan)

I just googled him. OMG that is a very sick crime. Where is he now since he was 14 then? Hopefully still locked up or in the mental hospital.

Thanks for the welcome...I am new here and am amazed at how people find out so much information......Thanks for people sharing their knowledge with us who are just getting started.......

2sgn054groupwelcome.gif

We are glad you're here!!!

I am local. There are some straight up rumors out there but and there are some facts being repeated. Keep in mind that the central Missouri area is very "small town." It is not as transient as many communities and there are many families who have lived here and have known each other for five or six generations. For example - anyone in the area who cared to know her name, where she lived, etc. knew it within 24 hours of her arrest.

In addition, there were over 100 people on site assisting with the search. Many more volunteers were turned away. There were people bringing in food, helping at the VFW, etc..

The disadvantage of being "small town" is that everybody knows your business. The advantage is that they will all be there in a nanosecond to help if you need them.

And then you have the families involved. Not just the immediate family, but aunts, uncles, cousins and their close friends. They are going discuss it; they need to discuss it, to process it and grieve. They will discuss among themselves and with others. There are some that are angry that the truth is not getting out and AB's identity is being protected and I'd say this is to be expected.

Take all this together and you'll understand why there are a lot of details in this case that are known. I think there might be a lot of embellishments coming from the high school - but the information I've heard from adults close to the case has stayed pretty consistent.

I’m from a small-ish town and can totally relate to this. I can’t imagine NOT knowing what was going on in a situation as grave as this. Someone always knows someone they can call with a connection to the high school.

I’m from a small-ish town and can totally relate to this. I can’t imagine NOT knowing what was going on in a situation as grave as this. Someone always knows someone they can call with a connection to the high school.

I'm from Los Angeles, CA. Def not what u would consider a close nit community. But then again her name would have been plastered all over the news by now. We just had a student that was gang raped by over five men. Three of them being juveniles and there names were known the day after they were arrested. Its sad how things seem worlds apart.

I just googled him. OMG that is a very sick crime. Where is he now since he was 14 then? Hopefully still locked up or in the mental hospital.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to do this.

"The board also reviewed Sandy Charles, who was found not criminally responsible for murdering a seven-year-old boy in La Ronge in 1995 and cooking his flesh.
Charles, now 27, has reached a plateau in his mental improvement but is not currently a risk while in the psychiatric centre, Mela said.
While he is stable now, any move in his arrangement would increase his risk, Mela said.
Charles realizes he has not made progress since his last review, but is comfortable with his current situation, said his lawyer, Linda Wood."

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstar...57086&id=07442ad7-af4f-443a-b0d4-ec34a297bf73

Did I do that right? If I've done something wrong by quoting that, please help a girl out and let me know. :)

Early on, during his arrest and trial, he was on the news giving media the finger. He did something rude in court, too, but I can't remember exactly what. He also escaped from the "hospital" at least once, and I think assualted a guard, though I could be confusing that with someone else.

... I'm going to be sick from that last case. Someone who cooks someone else's flesh needs to be locked up for good. I don't care if he has mental problems, the IQ of a fish, and thinks he's Santa Claus - he is not human and should never be allowed in society.

You know, there are crimes, and there are crimes. I am a person with a short fuse, bad temper, whatever you may like to qualify it as. I am in my 40s now, so I have mellowed considerably. But I still will not keep a firearm in my house because I believe that in anger I could lash out. IIn the past, I have had firearms in my home and behaved responsibly but I never want to tempt fate.

But IMHO there was really no way for AB's family to prepare for her lethal acting out. Kids get mad, they posture and they pose and try to get reactions. But who could know that AB would do this? I want to figure it all out, but I am unable. I'm sorry for ever thinking someone could predict this carnage.

... I'm going to be sick from that last case. Someone who cooks someone else's flesh needs to be locked up for good. I don't care if he has mental problems, the IQ of a fish, and thinks he's Santa Claus - he is not human and should never be allowed in society.

Sorry. That was a gross crime to bring up. But an example of this kind of evil in a kid. (Sandy was 14.)

HAHA I wish my tax dollars were spent on only bread and water. I know for a fact what they get fed, and althought it is not steak and shrimp, it is far from bread and water!

I can get you a menu if you would like! :D

LOL. I was being sarcastic... I'm VERY fam with the prison system

believe - I go back to the twitter comment that said something like "waiting for a reason for all this pain". I'm just quoting from memory, so I might have the actual words wrong, but I really think this girl was hurt inside - lonely, lost and felt unloved. I think these feelings probably started for her when she was very young, and that her time at her GP's was just not long enough to counteract the emptiness she felt inside. I think this girl needed counseling, starting way back when - probably within days of her birth...... I think she had a very neglectful mom who left her on her own from the moment of her birth. She reminds me, so far, very much of KC.

So very sad - the whole mess.

Salem

Here is my take for what its worth I think she had neglectful, terrible parents. Dad in prison, mom been in and out of jail for petty things all of this girls life she has known turmoil that most adults don't know. I use to work for a Pediatrician that told me by the time a child is 3 they are pretty much formed as to the adult they will become, that is why its so important to nurture these kids esp when so young. I doubt she got very much attention or nurturing. By the time the GM & GP took over it was to late. They are older and probably looking forward to retiring not raising another family.Not saying they didn't do their best but probably not as involved as they Could have been. She is a sociopath I believe and needs to be put away so she can't harm anyone else I don't know what makes those sort of people tick but I don't want to find out. I hope her parents are proud of the life they showed these children they should go down right along with her. IMO

Are we allowed to post Youtube accounts/videos? I ask cause someone posted a link to AB's Youtube account over on IS. Don't want to post if not allowed. But I guess you can just go there and get the link yourself. I guess this account will go bye bye soon just like the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel