MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for this who were wondering how I knew MB was killed at a distance: "an autopsy report found no gunpowder on Brown’s body, suggesting he was killed at a distance."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/what-grand-jury-will-look-the-michael-brown-shooting

It does not say the precise distance but it WAS at a distance.

(There's a lot of good info in this article, but the most relevant regarding gunpowder is this:)

"Three feet would look the same as 4 feet, 10 feet, 50 feet," he said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-browns-autopsy-what-it-can-and-cant-tell-us/

In addition, I've seen reports that the body had not only been autopsied prior to Baden's autopsy, but also already embalmed. It was given over to the family before Biden got to it.

(I'll dig up a link about the embalming tomorrow, if no one else finds it first. Bedtime.)

The local news had an article about Shawn Parcells (he helped with 2nd autopsy) and it's rather disturbing.

Missouri coroners question practices of forensics company operator

But some coroners and medical examiners in Missouri say Parcells has inflated his qualifications and performed autopsies without a medical license. Others allege that doctors whose signatures were on some autopsy reports were not present at the autopsies, did not review the work or never actually signed the documents. Meanwhile, Parcells’ online work profile is filled with inaccurate information.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_0662e5b1-dcfa-578f-9487-8ab6a176ea4d.html

So for this who were wondering how I knew MB was killed at a distance: "an autopsy report found no gunpowder on Brown’s body, suggesting he was killed at a distance."

A distance great than 2feet...according to Dr. Baden.

According to Parks, the wound on Mikes hand was a close contact wound.

What Baden failed to say....the body had been washed down. There would be no GSR found during the second autopsy...that would have been documented by the first one.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said it was my OPINION. I have come to my conclusion based on the evidence I currently know.

And obviously the GJ will have much more evidence to base their decision on than what we know now. I believe most people have at least a leaning on their opinion at this point. We should trust that the GJ will carefully review and come to a decision based on evidence presented, not based on pressure from the public or govt officials' who have clearly urged them to indict. All IMO

They are using Baden's report: Baden did not have access to MB"s clothing, and any residue that MAY have been on his skin would have been removed by the ME during the first autopsy.

That was Baden's autopsy report that said there was no gunpowder on Brown's body. How about the original autopsy?

And I believe the body had been washed and embalmed at the time if the second autopsy. I don't think they have released the first autopsy results yet.

They are using Baden's report: Baden did not have access to MB"s clothing, and any residue that MAY have been on his skin would have been removed by the ME during the first autopsy.

I am not an expert on autopsies, but I do not think they wash down the body after the autopsy as a matter of course. So why would the gunpowder residue have been removed?

ETA: if the embalming claim is true, I could see him having been washed by the embalmer, but not otherwise.

Yes, an autopsy report found no gunpowder, per the following from the link.
" .... But an autopsy report found no gunpowder on Brown’s body, suggesting he was killed at a distance.That autopsy report, performed at the request of the Brown family by Dr. Michael Baden, a New York forensic pathologist,....". bbm ubm

That autopsy was the second autopsy, and Dr B ack'ed that he did not have access to MB's clothing.
Dr Case, the StL Co ME, a forensic pathologist, did have access to MB's clothing.

Others here pointed out that MB's body would have bn washed/cleansed/(term?) --
-after the first autopsy, and
-(after embalming), and
-before the second autopsy.

So 2nd autopsy would not have found gunpowder that the 1st autopsy would have found.

JMO IMO MOO

RIP MB

I am not an expert on autopsies, but I do not think they wash down the body after the autopsy as a matter of course. So why would the gunpowder residue have been removed?

ETA: if the embalming claim is true, I could see him having been washed by the embalmer, but not otherwise.

His body had been released to the family.

"It is cleaned to remove traces of fluid or blood. The hair is washed. You complete the cause of death documentation and the body can be released for cremation or burial"

"After embalming, we will dress the body before placing it in a coffin."
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/feb/16/healthandwellbeing.weekend2

"FERGUSON, Mo. - A lawyer for the family of Michael Brown says the Ferguson teen's body has been turned over to the family, NewsChannel 5 has learned."

"According to attorney Anthony Gray, the legal representative for Mike Brown's family, the family is hiring someone to perform a second autopsy"

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/13/body-of-michael-brown-released-to-family/14012633/

All posts are MOO

I can't copy and paste...
May 5,2013

"Others, such as Dr. Mary Case, medical examiner for St. Louis, St. Charles, Franklin, and Jefferson counties, have been outspoken about the allegations against Parcells.
It's very bad for our state if someone is doing autopsies without a medical license
She said "this is a huge atrocity, an invitation to disaster, and it needs to stop."
http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/me...578f-9487-8ab6a176ea4d.html?mobile_touch=true

All posts are MOO

Yes, an autopsy report found no gunpowder, per the following from the link.
" .... But an autopsy report found no gunpowder on Brown’s body, suggesting he was killed at a distance.That autopsy report, performed at the request of the Brown family by Dr. Michael Baden, a New York forensic pathologist,....". bbm ubm

That autopsy was the second autopsy, and Dr B ack'ed that he did not have access to MB's clothing.
Dr Case, the StL Co ME, a forensic pathologist, did have access to MB's clothing.

Others here pointed out that MB's body would have bn washed/cleansed/(term?) --
-after the first autopsy, and
-(after embalming), and
-before the second autopsy.

So 2nd autopsy would not have found gunpowder that the 1st autopsy would have found.

JMO IMO MOO

RIP MB

The term is "sanitation". Before the embalming process begins the body is thoroughly washed with a disinfectant.

The fact that the body was embalmed (as confirmed by Dr. Baden in his interview with Greta Van Susteren) suggests to me that the family did not anticipate having to do a second autopsy when the body was released by the ME and turned over to the funeral home. I suspect that when the family lawyers saw the results of the first autopsy they realized that the conclusions of the ME did not fit their narrative and so they arranged for a second autopsy (IMO).

If in fact OW's firearm discharged during a struggle with MB - there can be little doubt that evidence of GSR would have been on MB's body and clothing. It would not however - be present after embalming (IMO).

An interesting question for Dr. Baden (and Shawn Parcells) would be ; did the first autopsy indicate signs of GSR on the body and clothing? Without doubt both Baden and Parcells have seen a copy of the autopsy performed by the ME so they would be able to answer this question.

Several questions. Were protestors out last night? And if so, have their numbers dwindled at all? TIA

Several questions. Were protestors out last night? And if so, have their numbers dwindled at all? TIA

From what I saw on the live feed, there were almost NO protestors out last night. And there wont be many out tomorrow because MB's father has asked for 24 hrs of silence, so he can bury his son in peace. So I hope the whole thing quiets down now.

one more ? about the 1st autopsy results - is it standard protocol to release the results to the family/attorney? just wondering if they are privy to the information. thanks

From what I saw on the live feed, there were almost NO protestors out last night. And there wont be many out tomorrow because MB's father has asked for 24 hrs of silence, so he can bury his son in peace. So I hope the whole thing quiets down now.

i do too - but if they're expecting 5,000 people in attendance, it's gonna be tough as i'm sure emotions will be high - imo.

Thanks Katy!! Hopefully, the protestors will honor the father's request. The neighborhood could definitely do with some peace and quiet, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname