MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is this? :thinking:

#FergusonFridays
Join local Ferguson neighbors & members of faith based and non-profit groups for an informal weekly community led voter education, organizing, and mobilizing discussion.

Open to all members of the STL & wider Ferguson support network but discussions & break out groups are intended for those living in or were directly impacted by the recent unrest.
The input & stories of neighbors & youth of Ferguson will be given first priority.
All are welcome & encouraged to participate in these important weekly gatherings.
Please bring your favorite copy of inspirational or educational materials you’d like to trade with others in attendance.
http://fergusonevents.org/wp/events/ferguson-syllabus-the-beloved-community-dialogs-2014-09-11/

Wow...that sounds like a great thing on paper...wonder how it's going to work out...

"Welcome to St. Louis, where cops kill innocent unarmed teenagers every single day."

<self-snip> Don't trust myself to say anything.

K, first 10 seconds and she's going on and on about "cop killers" and how they are all over the neighborhood...does she not realize that term is used to describe people who shoot cops, not the other way around???

Even urban dictionary doesn't define it the way she's using it here???

Yeah...doesn't sound at all like it would be a bad place to live...if it wasn't for those pesky kid killer cops that slink through daily....eyeroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it is this? :thinking:

#FergusonFridays
Join local Ferguson neighbors & members of faith based and non-profit groups for an informal weekly community led voter education, organizing, and mobilizing discussion.

Open to all members of the STL & wider Ferguson support network but discussions & break out groups are intended for those living in or were directly impacted by the recent unrest.
The input & stories of neighbors & youth of Ferguson will be given first priority.
All are welcome & encouraged to participate in these important weekly gatherings.
Please bring your favorite copy of inspirational or educational materials you’d like to trade with others in attendance.
http://fergusonevents.org/wp/events/ferguson-syllabus-the-beloved-community-dialogs-2014-09-11/

This seems an excellent idea. Building a sense of community with purpose and fostering a sense of empowerment in the sense of the word I am used to using it. Knowledge is power. Knowing your neighbors is the start to caring for, protecting the interest of and policing your neighborhood from a place of knowledge.

To me this seems like the best, most long term attempt at putting into place an opportunity for change I have seen in this entire month since the shooting.

You know....I'm not going to hate on anyone for living where they live, because nice neighborhoods require money. You can still have respect for yourself and your neighbors, though, regardless of where you live.

LambChop, could we get clarification? Previously we were told that MB's social media was off limits. I have seen the twitter above and it is MB's but was unsure if we are now allowed to discuss it or if the directive is still that it is a :nono:

This is such an unusual case and discussion it is hard to keep up with what is on the table or off as the case progresses. Please and thanks.

You know....I'm not going to hate on anyone for living where they live, because nice neighborhoods require money. You can still have respect for yourself and your neighbors, though, regardless of where you live.

Amen. My hood is not a good one and I share it with some pretty awful neighbors. But there are those of us in neighborhood who take pride in our homes, who bother to know our neighbors and monitor our kids. you can live in poverty and still live with pride and dignity.

LambChop, could we get clarification? Previously we were told that MB's social media was off limits. I have seen the twitter above and it is MB's but was unsure if we are now allowed to discuss it or if the directive is still that it is a :nono:

This is such an unusual case and discussion it is hard to keep up with what is on the table or off as the case progresses. Please and thanks.

Don't we send PM's or alert on posts regarding moderation questions?

Just realized O'Reilly Factor is covering this.

I don't think it is a negative post. Makes you feel sad for him. But I will ask. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann