MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how I raised mine?
I raised him to not steal. I raised him to obey laws.
I taught him how to follow basic directions, especially when given by a law enforcement officer, after all...the officer has a gun.

I taught him to be respectful when dealing with police and if he was doing nothing wrong, he'd have nothing to worry about. He knows his legal rights.

Yeah, it's a shame this teen paid with his life for his own stupid and criminal mistakes.

Maybe ...just maybe parents in that community should use this case as an example of the worst thing that can happen when you behave like a thief and can't follow basic direction of those in authority.

All IMO

That's how I raised my children, as well. I also raised them to treat everyone equally, regardless of the color of their skin. <mod snip>

Wilson, a six-year veteran of the police department, encountered Brown just after 12:01 p.m., with a second officer arriving three minutes later, Jackson said.

Brown's uncle, Bernard Ewing, questioned whether Wilson really believed Brown was a suspect. He noted Johnson's account that the officer told the two young men to get out of the street and onto the sidewalk, and that Brown had his hands up when he was shot.

"If he's a robbery suspect, they would have had the lights on," Ewing said. "If you rob somebody, you would tell them, 'Get on the ground' or something, not, 'Get off the sidewalk.'"

"It still doesn't justify shooting him when he puts his hands up," he added. "You still don't shoot him in the face."

http://news.msn.com/us/police-teen-shot-by-cop-suspect-in-recent-robbery

This is Mike Browns uncle who must be privy to the autopsy report..shot in the face?

I taught him how to follow basic directions, especially when given by a law enforcement officer, after all...the officer has a gun.

I taught him to be respectful when dealing with police and if he was doing nothing wrong, he'd have nothing to worry about. He knows his legal rights.

Yeah, it's a shame this teen paid with his life for his own stupid and criminal mistakes.

Maybe ...just maybe parents in that community should use this case as an example of the worst thing that can happen when you behave like a thief and can't follow basic direction of those in authority.

All IMO

Do you honestly think that people in "that community" don't already teach their kids that if they don't treat LE obsequiously enough that they could be shot?

I've seen plenty of young men be "disrespectful" to cops. Many LE are somehow able to handle this without anyone ending up dead. Maybe "that community" of LE could teach it's officers in training that not every situation needs to be dealt with with deadly force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing wrong with what he said. He is right. He was eloquent and helpful.

You don't think there's anything wrong with that implication? I hope he didn't mean what he said, which is before you torch something make sure it doesn't belong to you. Knowing what else I know about him (which is darn little actually) I'm having a hard time believing that he meant that. But if those exact words came out of the New Black Panther leader, we'd ALL know exactly what that meant. Be wise in your choice of targets to destroy.

Interestingly, that quote was the banner headline on CNN for about 15 seconds by the clock before it was removed.

The only reason I think there is more to it is because then why didnt LE share the news of some struggle during trying to arrest. Why didnt this come out right away like this.

It would have been so easy for LE to get the officers statement of facts and then break the story like this. Since that was NOT done, I do suspect there is more to it than this.

I am reserving judgement until some things can be proven one way or the other. I am not believing LE quite yet on this.

And here is another thing that I think contributes to public being mad at LE. Those darn Cop shows which I despise.
I end up rooting for the bad guys in those shows because I sense that some LE just ENJOYS getting even with criminals on those shows.

How many of us have seen those cop shows where after chasing a suspect , they tackle and get very aggressive with the person. High-fives are handed out and they think we the viewing public are all going to think like them. Not me. I end up feeling sorry for the poor guy and get very mad watching those shows when LE relishes in the hard take downs and violence they use to bash down doors. They should not enjoy that and if they do then something is seriously wrong with them to enjoy the violence aspect of their job.

The reason I bring this up is I truly feel those shows contribute towards LE resentment and it shows their true character at times. Some enjoy the "getting even" aspect of it.

All IMO

My respect for you has risen 1,000%.

You don't think there's anything wrong with that implication? I hope he didn't mean what he said, which is before you torch something make sure it doesn't belong to you. Knowing what else I know about him (which is darn little actually) I'm having a hard time believing that he meant that. But if those exact words came out of the New Black Panther leader, we'd ALL know exactly what that meant. Be wise in your choice of targets to destroy.

Interestingly, that quote was the banner headline on CNN for about 15 seconds by the clock before it was removed.

He was not implying anything. Watch the news video. He was telling them that they are not helping anyone by burning down their own neighborhood. To be peaceful and be heard but not to be violent. It only hurts themselves.

There was nothing implied.

The only reason I think there is more to it is because then why didnt LE share the news of some struggle during trying to arrest. Why didnt this come out right away like this.

It would have been so easy for LE to get the officers statement of facts and then break the story like this. Since that was NOT done, I do suspect there is more to it than this.

I am reserving judgement until some things can be proven one way or the other. I am not believing LE quite yet on this.

And here is another thing that I think contributes to public being mad at LE. Those darn Cop shows which I despise.
I end up rooting for the bad guys in those shows because I sense that some LE just ENJOYS getting even with criminals on those shows.

How many of us have seen those cop shows where after chasing a suspect , they tackle and get very aggressive with the person. High-fives are handed out and they think we the viewing public are all going to think like them. Not me. I end up feeling sorry for the poor guy and get very mad watching those shows when LE relishes in the hard take downs and violence they use to bash down doors. They should not enjoy that and if they do then something is seriously wrong with them to enjoy the violence aspect of their job.

The reason I bring this up is I truly feel those shows contribute towards LE resentment and it shows their true character at times. Some enjoy the "getting even" aspect of it.

Maybe it's not the fault of the shows, but the fault of the damn officers themselves?

If suspects are disrespectful and aggressive, they got shot and killed. If the cops do it, that's just fine, it's only the fault of the camerapeoe who are there recording it??

He was not implying anything. Watch the news video. He was telling them that they are not helping anyone by burning down their own neighborhood. To be peaceful and be heard but not to be violent. It only hurts themselves.

There was nothing implied.

I agree, that in his case, he didn't mean to say what he said. In fact, though - they didn't burn down their own homes. They burned down a QT, smashed innumerable store front windows and ruined 24 cop cars, none of it is destroying stuff that belongs to them. They destroyed other people's stuff. If they had in fact torched their own homes, it would be the thing to say. "Hey, look what you just did you burned down your own home". As it stands, I think it can be interpreted by those who want to that this is a call for further destruction.

Do you have a link to the police chief lying?

What I heard yesterday that someone not connected to LE let another person's name out as the officer involved and the police chief said this was not the officer and that person didn't even work for LE anywhere in that country or whatever.

tia
fran

Stepmom fears for life after hackers release wrong name - http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/08/14/twitter-anonymous-hacker-ferguson/14061923/

The police chief wasn't lying. IMO The name originally released was Bryan Willman. Which is wrong.

Maybe it's not the fault of the shows, but the fault of the damn officers themselves?

If suspects are disrespectful and aggressive, they got shot and killed. If the cops do it, that's just fine, it's only the fault of the camerapeoe who are there recording it??

I am not referring to the camera people at all. Please re-read. Some of the LE people in it and how they behave is what I dont like. Some LE persons seem to enjoy getting even with criminals and being overly brutal with them, which is not only unnecessary once a person is arrested, but it is illegal IMO. Some want to cause physical pain to the perp as a way to get even with them.

Just arrest them and let the courts divy out any punishment. I truly think these shows do not help the public view of LE, and if LE wants to get better cooperation from the public instead of a "Us against Them" mentality, then LE should seriously consider not allowing these types of shows to be produced. LE is in collusion with production companies in order to allow these types of shows to exist. LE has to sign waivers and stuff. LE does NOT have to do that and then these shows would not exist.

I am not referring to the camera people at all. Please re-read. Some of the LE people in it and how they behave is what I dont like. Some LE persons seem to enjoy getting even with criminals and being overly brutal with them, which is not only unnecessary once a person is arrested, but it is illegal IMO. Some want to cause physical pain to the perp as a way to get even with them.

Just arrest them and let the courts divy out any punishment. I truly think these shows do not help the public view of LE, and if LE wants to get better cooperation from the public instead of a "Us against Them" mentality, then LE should seriously consider not allowing these types of shows to be produced. LE is in collusion with production companies in order to allow these types of shows to exist. LE has to sign waivers and stuff. LE does NOT have to do that and then these shows would not exist.

I agree with you that the shows do no favors for anyone, especially LE. But I think the fault for that lies with the bad behavior of the LE, not the shows themselves. I'm more concerned about getting LE to put an end to it's own thuggishness than about protecting them from the consequences of their own bad actions (using excessive force, unnecessary intimidation, patting themselves on the back) that they stupidly allowed and invited filming of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member