MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Ronald Johnson, the Missouri State Highway officer widely credited for restoring peace to the city of Ferguson, was not happy with how the news of Michael Brown’s alleged involvement in a strong-arm robbery prior to his death was presented.
<modsnip>

video below article
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cpt-ron-...-and-alleged-robbery-are-two-separate-issues/

I received the okay to post it since the video is from MSM...

I agree with you that the shows do no favors for anyone, especially LE. But I think the fault for that lies with the bad behavior of the LE, not the shows themselves. I'm more concerned about getting LE to put an end to it's own thuggishness than about protecting them from the consequences of their own bad actions (using excessive force, unnecessary intimidation, patting themselves on the back) that they stupidly allowed and invited filming of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is, the cops are constantly and routinely facing down thuggishness, and violent behavior. To do so, they use equal but opposite type of force. If you are trying to protect others from violent felons than you need to be a strong, intimidating force as well. You cannot fight criminal gangs by being sweet and non threatening. jmo

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-27...shot-dead-unarmed-teenager-Michael-Brown.html

"...Dorian Johnson gave an eye-witness account of Michael Brown's shooting. His account could be called into question after it was revealed he is a robbery suspect..."

"...In a shocking twist to the killing which sparked riots in St Louis, Missouri over the last few days, the officer investigating the convenience store robbery also attended the scene of the shooting and said the suspect and Brown were the same person...."

Considering the source is the DM; it's possible the store mistook Brown for someone else.
But if true, why didn't LE release this info. earlier ?
And why haven't they released photos of the police officer's injuries ?
Just appears that Ferguson LE needs to work on their public relations department.
Also find it odd that there are no cameras inside the squad, and no dash cams ---hence no evidence of what actually happened.
Also hope that tobacco shop doesn't get looted or something ---that clerk in the surveillance footage looked like a very tiny man !

Never had any trouble with LE in my life; and if some perp were to start breaking into my house ---the first people I'd call would be the cops(911). I understand there are crooked cops , and they need to be dealt with accordingly as they have a higher standard to adhere to.

But what exactly do the people of Ferguson want --- no LE at all ? Also a little surprised they called in the highway patrol and not the national guard.

IF this story about the robbery in the tobacco shop is true, M.Brown still deserved his day in court. But if he or anyone tries to push a cop back into his/her car, or go for the cops' gun ---it most certainly will not end well. I'm not sure how it is in every state, but I read somewhere that you can get in trouble just for grabbing a cop by the arm in anger. Sounds pretty strict, but that's the law here.
:moo:

What I don't understand is this... one of the complaints the community people have on CNN right now is that MD didn't have the same clothes on that he did in the surv photos. I have the photos and it appears to be the same to me. Also, CNN said the have the tapes and will be showing it soon.

We're not going to quote every Tom, Dick and Harry's opinions about this case. All it will do is cause a thousand rabbit trails and get us off course.

Please keep the Twitter on MSM, as is spelled out in our rules.

FWIW, the robbery incident was between 11:52 hour and 11:54 hour. The incident involving the shooting began approximatelyt 12:01 (noon.)

fwiw,
fran

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/ferguson-police-report

Police: Before Shooting, Brown Robbed Store

Teen was killed minutes after cops responded to strong-arm theft call

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...asing-name-of-officer-who-shot-michael-brown/

Ferguson police call Michael Brown a robbery suspect, identify Darren Wilson as officer who shot him

The problem is, the cops are constantly and routinely facing down thuggishness, and violent behavior. To do so, they use equal but opposite type of force. If you are trying to protect others from violent felons than you need to be a strong, intimidating force as well. You cannot fight criminal gangs by being sweet and non threatening. jmo

This is simply not true. Aggression met with aggression only ramps things up. A well trained officer knows how to de-escalate a threat so that people are not hurt and criminals are still apprehended.

And the blatant disrespect and unnecessary intimidation are used on everyone, criminal or not. And don't even get me started on the back-slapping, self-congratulatory behavior many cops exhibit after a take down in which they got rough with someone. Do we want a trustworthy police force that is mature and calm under pressure? Or do we want an armed force of arrogant jerks who behave like a crowd of rowdy bros?

What I don't understand is this... one of the complaints the community people have on CNN right now is that MD didn't have the same clothes on that he did in the surv photos. I have the photos and it appears to be the same to me. Also, CNN said the have the tapes and will be showing it soon.
SABBM

You know what, popsicle ? I came over here to WS, in large part due to not appreciating certain sites , nor their posters. Every article that they have comment boards on gets swamped with trolls and their ilk. Felt like needing to wash my eyeballs with soap after reading some of the sludge over there. When they DO mod, they'll leave only the comments that agree with their site and delete all of the others. How is that responsible journalism ? :tantrum: Sorry so off-topic. :gaah:
I appreciate very much the mods here and the time they take to provide a respectable learning/sleuthing environment !!!!

As far as the clothing worn by the deceased, yes, it appears to be the same. LE maybe should have released this info. sooner ---not sure why they didn't ??
:moo:

I say we pull the police out of Ferguson completely and let them handle things on their own,.

Hi Popsicle! :seeya:

Was Brown wearing a white tee shirt, shorts, and a red ball cap? I've only seen the still images from the store footage, but haven't seen any pics of what Mike Brown was wearing at the scene of the shooting. Is there a site where I can see the pics? TIA!

I say we pull the police out of Ferguson completely and let them handle things on their own,.

So I guess there is no middle ground between overly aggressive LE and anarchy?

We can put people on the moon, but somehow, here in the United States, we can't manage to train LE in de-escalation and how to not shoot first and ask questions later? :waitasec:

Was Brown wearing a white tee shirt, shorts, and a red ball cap? I've only seen the still images from the store footage, but haven't seen any pics of what Mike Brown was wearing at the scene of the shooting. Is there a site where I can see the pics? TIA!
Yes, he was. I just used google search under images.

Tons of photos on google images and hit the video tab too.

So I guess there is no middle ground between overly aggressive LE and anarchy?

We can put people on the moon, but somehow, here in the United States, we can't manage to train LE in de-escalation and how to not shoot first and ask questions later? :waitasec:

I'm over people rioting and acting like idiots. They need to freaking grow up.

Just reported on CNN, that Dorian Johnson will not be charged because there was No crime committed.

I retract my previous post in the other thread about the shoes.

The video is now out from the convince store and the man there is definitely wearing flip flops with socks. In the pictures from MB in the street it looks like he is wearing sneakers?

(edit, I think this is just the style of sock. they are striped?)

https://twitter.com/KwameThompson/status/500336457534676992/photo/1

Kwame Thompson
&#8207;@KwameThompson

#BlackTwitter on the investigation trail #MichaelBrown photos show flip flops in the market and tennis in the street

BvGNWydIMAAo78J.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member