MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
:puke:

Ignorance is not an excuse -- not all of Ferguson's "black" residents have issues with LE nor do they believe LE is "hunting black boys in Ferguson" or anywhere in StL metro. Sad to say more than 20 "black boys" have been shot & some killed in the metro area since 10 Aug & only one involved LE

Gangs will always be "hunted" by LE as they subscribe to a criminal element IMHO that's what needs to cease

There will never be enough evidence to convict ODW of 1st degree murder & sentenced to the death penalty which is what SOME protesters have voiced is their end desire; heck, I highly doubt the County GJ will issue a true bill, let alone ODW ever being put on trial for this tragedy -- definitely not to appease a group of people who are full of threats

ITA. I think most folks are not aware that in large metro areas such as Saint Louis, there are law enforcement task forces from multiple agencies including the feds who join together and address gang-related crime. I still think Brown was affiliated with a gang. His parents may not have been aware of it but he also wasn't living at home.

JMO

on StLs local AM station 1120 KMOX, Mark Reardon stated that they were trying to limit those attending one of the two meetings to only Ferguson residents, but then some "activists" said not everyone can prove where they live . . .

and here's something from the StL-PD: Reporters, non-residents banned from upcoming Ferguson town hall meetings

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_97875150-fe60-57af-991d-1f24b97be012.html

note Ferguson has limited it to 2 mtgs instead of 3 (3 wards in Ferguson) due to limited LE/security coverage

on StLs local AM station 1120 KMOX, Mark Reardon stated that they were trying to limit those attending one of the two meetings to only Ferguson residents, but then some "activists" said not everyone can prove where they live . . .

and here's something from the StL-PD: Reporters, non-residents banned from upcoming Ferguson town hall meetings

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_97875150-fe60-57af-991d-1f24b97be012.html

I have to think that a citizen will video and tweet the meetings.

note Ferguson has limited it to 2 mtgs instead of 3 (3 wards in Ferguson) due to limited LE/security coverage

If you can't prove it, ya probably don't live there! Rent/mortgage ppwk, utilities, check stubs, ID, vehicle registration, and loads more documents show where you live.

I knew it was only a matter of time before "rules" were put in place and enforced. Outsiders shouldn't be allowed. That's just common sense safety.

JMO

I think Mustafa/Argus Radio was headed that way. But, given all the cell videos of Michael everywhere and the cameras some group gave to protestors, pics will probably be somewhere.

maybe -- I do know that there are many residents who received GoPro cameras to record happenings with LE & if they haven't been sold on Craigslist yet, maybe they will be used for other purposes, such as recording these mtgs :)

Hopefully there will be questions about why that driver was arrested.

maybe -- I do know that there are many residents who received GoPro cameras to record happenings with LE & if they haven't been sold on Craigslist yet, maybe they will be used for other purposes, such as recording these mtgs :)

I think the federal organizers will video record the meeting to ensure historical accuracy.

Bassem Masri @bassem_masri 1h
@ArgusRadio mustafa hello bro how's it going?we have folks asking about a livestream for city council tonight u going to that?
V

Mustafa of ArgusNews @ArgusRadio 1h
@bassem_masri I am! Still trying to figure this out. pic.twitter.com/GobYyRoh4K

Bassem Masri @bassem_masri 1h
@ArgusRadio "simply" rofl if u get info u fill me in? I'll come straight down
·

Mustafa of ArgusNews
@ArgusRadio

(SBM)

Michael's story is being drowned out. And certainly almost no thought goes to the harm being done to Wilson and his family, and everyone else threatened, store owners, etc .

Yep. :( Too many people are heedless of the victims of their selective sensitivities and coddling of, if not pandering to, irrational behavior and expectations.

As long as people involved avoid demanding justice and reason for EVERYONE, instead of only having a heart for certain people or groups, this dysfunctional cycle and victimization will continue.

I get the fear of being shunned over calling for personal responsibility.

But so many sitting by while any individual is railroaded because of misperceptions or past sins of others is indefensible... to use the kindest word.

I'm desperate for a sign of an uprising that promotes mindfulness and responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500