MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the pressor. The professor speaking along with Dr. Baden sure can spin things.

We aren't going to start a bash fest on Crump or Biden. Against the rules. Just a gentle reminder.

Please don't bash VP Biden! His wife is lovely and my friend...

!

Nice to "see" you all again! Been all over the place on this one!

Love the new font! Wish they could make the replies a little easier to read as well!

They are totally confusing me. How on earth can the conclsuion , from the autopsy be, that the shots were from behind? There is not one mark on his back. That makes no sense to me at all. How can a bullet supposedly from behind you not leave one mark on your r back??

The superficial arm wounds stuck me as something that might occur IN THE CAR!

They are talking about reentry wounds - more than one - impacts the actual number of shots fired at this point they are saying two of the wounds are reentry ones therefore at this point number of shots fired is not clear.

If the wounds on the arms are front then his hands might have been hands up. If they entered the BACL portion of the arm then he was running away. It seems like autopsy is actually creating more confusion than clarity .

Ok, when this story first was reported, I shared in the outrage. However, as more and more details are shedding light in what happened, my outrage has shifted from feeling the cop acted out of line to that people are supporting and condoning violence towards LE.

I find it very hard to believe an officer who had zero blemishes on his career would suddenly start grappling with someone(who happened to be large) through the window on his vehicle. Secondly, I do think, someone who just committed a crime of robbery, which was forceful and aggressive, would assume that is why an officer was approaching him and be on the defense. I am no autopsy expert and will wait for all the info to come out on that before deciding completely how I feel. I just find it so unlikely a cop who appears to have been stellar would just suddenly change into a shady officer up to no good, while I find it very likely that someone who was committing a strong armed robbery would be very likely to use force and aggression.

Secondly, wth is wrong with people to think they can say we have a right to protest when almost every single protest has devolved into looting and rioting?!? I know the majority of people probably do want to protest peacefully, but the fact is that has not happened. I teach my 1.5 year old that tantrums and hitting will never get her what she wants. Did these peoples parents not do the same? They have taken so much away from what has happened, that even if in fact he was innocently slaughtered, that the ugliness that has resulted since will always leave a stain on the events.

And, if people were truly afraid of the cops in this area, I doubt we would see some of the behavior we have occurring. If I thought the cops were some thugs who were violating power I know I certainly wouldn't be putting myself at risk of arrest, abuse and possibly being shot.

Didn't Crump state the graze wound on the top of the head could have been while MB was facing AWAY? Therefore supposedly validating the idea that he was shot from behind? Did I misunderstand?

Baden just said TWO bullets were recovered from the head, so if the shot came from behind there should be NO question, and the autopsy report from Baden clearly shows ALL shots came from the front.

I'm struggling with understanding WHY a police officer would pull a very large man into the car by the window. I just don't understand how/why that would be rational. IF MB was in the car's window, it makes more sense to me that MB was reaching in himself.

But, do we know for sure that MB was in the car at all or is that a random witness statement or random report?

Dorian Johnson's evolving tale has Ofc. Wilson backing up his cruiser next to them, trying to open his door enough to get out, but failing as the door bumps the two 2 guys still walking/standing in the middle of the road. Apparently this so enrages Ofc. Wilson that he reaches through his now-open window, somehow grabs 6'4" (and who knows how wide) MB around his huge neck (using his left hand), and attempts to do the impossible - pull MB across his lap and into the police car via the driver-side window. Johnson describes this scenario as a tug-of-war, with no mention of MB striking Wilson in the face or struggling for possession of his gun, must less a gunshot inside the car.

Dorian Johnson's evolving tale has Ofc. Wilson backing up his cruiser next to them, trying to open his door enough to get out, but failing as the door bumps the two 2 guys still walking/standing in the middle of the road. Apparently this so enrages Ofc. Wilson that he reaches through his now-open window, somehow grabs 6'4" (and who knows how wide) MB around his huge neck (using his left hand), and attempts to do the impossible - pull MB across his lap and into the police car via the driver-side window. Johnson describes this scenario as a tug-of-war, with no mention of MB striking Wilson in the face or struggling for possession of his gun, must less a gunshot inside the car.

Thx DebinGA. I couldn't remember where I had heard that-- my common sense is working too hard here, I guess.

Interesting questions by the press-- very pressing (no pun intended) to this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner