MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baden's assistant mentions, wound midstream on arm appears to be from behind..

the head shots were downward, indicating Mr Brown was bending over with the last two shots.

I hope a transcript of this interview becomes available.

Had the shots to the head not happened, Mike Brown could have survived those injuries..

Crump~ this preliminary autopsy answers important questions...now he know how many times he was shot and we now know it was in broad daylight....~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Cause we didn't know it happened in broad daylight before today :facepalm:

the head shots were downward, indicating Mr Brown was bending over with the last two shots.

Had the shots to the head not happened, Mike Brown could have survived those injuries..

And the police officer might not have survived if MB had survived.

Bringing my comments over from previous thread regarding the actual friend that was with him's interview on video. Not this particular one but one of the friend talking about what happened when they were confronted by officer.

I saw a video of this type of interview with the friend. This is link below to one I am referring to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlMjhoYPmZ8

If what he says is basically true, then...

This is JMO but what I think may have happened is once the officer threw the door open and it hit into the 2 people then right after that the officer may have used improper techniques from that point forward because it says he grabbed at the person and a struggle ensued.

If the officer did not command him to stand back with his hands up or lay on the ground or anything like that, then when the officer grabbed at him, then the person would have no idea why he is being grabbed at and I can understand why a struggle happened.

Again JMO but what I think happened after that is the officer tried to go for his own gun and it went off and struck the person. Whether accidentally or on purpose. The friend said he saw blood after that first shot.
So if this is true, then I believe this 1st shot is where it all went wrong. Most likely all because of improper techniques of dealing with the guy.

I dont know why the officer would have been so close to the 2 people to where his door slammed into them when he opened the door but this doesnt sound like proper technique to allow to be so close as he was opening his door.
I also dont understand why the officer would have grabbed at the guy and I dont understand why the guy was shot with that 1st shot unless it was an accident as the officer tried to get his weapon out and point it at him while trying to hold him with his other hand.

It all is so confusing and this is just the friend saying a lot of this. I do think this early part of the indicent is where things went very wrong and improper techniques may have contributed. It doesnt sound like any commands of get back , lay on the ground, put your hands up, your under arrest, or anything like that was stated at first.
It sounds like just a confrontation got physical as the door was opened and officer grabbed him. According to friend of course.

BBM
I don't think this is a very 'credible' friend. He left out a lot of important info , imo.

I don't know why it's assumed that the officer didn't give them any commands to get back or sit down or anything like that. There were reportedly direct commands given to them to step out of the roadway and they told him NO, we are almost to our destination, we are not moving ...etc

I really don't think you should base your overall decision about this officer on this friends testimony.

in looking at the wounds to the arms. I believe he was running at the officer. The graze type wound to the hand, that bullet then entered in the forearm. The graze to area just above the inner elbow and that bullet entering his upper arm bicep area. then came the shots to the eyebrow area. Mr. Brown's head was down IMO in a football rushing tackle type stance, which explains the bullet traveling downward, exiting, reentering around the cheek and then finally exiting near collar bone. The final shot IMO came just after that and was the one which entered the top of Mr. Brown's head.

The professor and Baden apparently agree with me that the last two wounds/shots were the head wounds.

This does not at all support a young frightened teen who was attempting to surrender to the mean officer's will. In fact in support's the alleged version of Officer Wilson as relayed by his family friend.

Eveyr single wound to Brown's body appears to indicate he was coming at the officer in a rushing tackle stance and that he continued to do so until he was finally dead and fell to the ground.

The first shot to his arm did not stop or dissuade him. The missed shots did not dissuade him. The next shot to his arm did not dissuade him. The shot to the eye area probably slowed him but did not stop him because of its direction of travel. The shot to the top of the head was the last. He finally fell and stopped advancing.

MOO.

I don't get it. I'm not watching the press conference, just reading here.

Why does Baden suddenly have a great deal more to say?

He had the full attention of the NYT, and "stressing that his information does not assign blame or justify the shooting."

It doesn't appear like that now?

Baden also stated that only the last head shot was "not treatable".

I think the officer showed restraint by only firing 6 shots, I am sure his weapon held far more rounds. Most folks in that situation would have kept firing, that must have been utterly terrifying for Off. Wilson.

When the hard questions ( by hard I mean he could not give a definite answer to would make their side happy) at the end started pouring in they seem to want Baden to shut up.

BBM - head down, just like a charging bull, in my opinion.

Baden also stated that only the last head shot was "not treatable".

I think the officer showed restraint by only firing 6 shots, I am sure his weapon held far more rounds. Most folks in that situation would have kept firing, that must have been utterly terrifying for Off. Wilson.

With all due respect, no one knows how many times Wilson fired his weapon, that hasn't been told. What's being told is how many hit Mike Brown.

BBM
I don't think this is a very 'credible' friend. He left out a lot of important info , imo.

I don't know why it's assumed that the officer didn't give them any commands to get back or sit down or anything like that. There were reportedly direct commands given to them to step out of the roadway and they told him NO, we are almost to our destination, we are not moving ...etc

I really don't think you should base your overall decision about this officer on this friends testimony.

I am definitely not, however, I am not discounting all of it either. I am trying to read and watch every other witness testimony and make a personal decision and opinion of what may have happened. My comments about that video said "if they were true", which we dont know for sure how much of it maybe accurate.

This is why this case is so confusing. There has been inconsistency in what we are hearing from different sources.

I was hoping the autopsy would help clarify, however, I am afraid it is just going to add to the confusion at this point. There are so many ways to interpret that autopsy.

We aren't going to start a bash fest on Crump or Biden. Against the rules. Just a gentle reminder.

THANKS I wondered how long it would take for the Baden-bashing to begin..............JMO

Or Mike Brown fell to the ground and Wilson continued to shoot..

Mr. Brown's life ended on the street face down, how do the wounds described by the Brown family's own independent expert support that theory? If the officer continued shooting him when down why is there not a single wound to the backside of Brown's body?

:confused:

I personally think the most credible witness is the one in the background of Black Canseco's video since he has NO agenda.

Al Sharpton on MSNBC. Why on earth is he fanning the flames?

in looking at the wounds to the arms. I believe he was running at the officer. The graze type wound to the hand, that bullet then entered in the forearm. The graze to area just above the inner elbow and that bullet entering his upper arm bicep area. then came the shots to the eyebrow area. Mr. Brown's head was down IMO in a football rushing tackle type stance, which explains the bullet traveling downward, exiting, reentering around the cheek and then finally exiting near collar bone. The final shot IMO came just after that and was the one which entered the top of Mr. Brown's head.

The professor and Baden apparently agree with me that the last two wounds/shots were the head wounds.

This does not at all support a young frightened teen who was attempting to surrender to the mean officer's will. In fact in support's the alleged version of Officer Wilson as relayed by his family friend.

Eveyr single wound to Brown's body appears to indicate he was coming at the officer in a rushing tackle stance and that he continued to do so until he was finally dead and fell to the ground.

The first shot to his arm did not stop or dissuade him. The missed shots did not dissuade him. The next shot to his arm did not dissuade him. The shot to the eye area probably slowed him but did not stop him because of its direction of travel. The shot to the top of the head was the last. He finally fell and stopped advancing.

MOO.

nothing in the ME reports so far exclude the possibility that the forearm wound was received from behind.

nothing in the ME report excludes that the 2 wounds to the head came while he was falling to the ground.

i think it is more and more likely that MB assaulted the officer in the initial altercation, im not so convinced that he tried to get the officer's gun but i think the officer may have reasonably felt that he was trying to get his gun or that he was under a potentially lethal threat otherwise due to the size of MB.

i think it is unlikely that MB turned and charged at an officer the he KNEW had his gun drawn, he may have, i think it is unlikely. i think he may have turned and been confrontational, may have moved back towards the officer, and that would reasonably make the officer discharge his weapon again.

i said early on that it was unlikely charges would ever be filed in this case, i think it is almost guaranteed now that there will be no indictment. and if somehow it does make it into a court there will never be a conviction.

someone, a LEADER in the community, needs to start explaining this to the community. no matter what happens there will be an element that is going to continue to exploit the situation to act like criminals, but the vast majority of the community is confused and angry, not violent criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea